Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry experiments

• 16-06-2010 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi, just wondering what is everyone tipping to come up for the Higher Level Chemistry experiments?

For question 1 I reckon Bleach or a water one

and for question 3 I reckon one of the rates of reaction ones or the volatile liquid one.

I have no clue for question 2 though. What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

2 could be ethanal/ethanoic acid. Benzoic might be Q3. I agree with your Q1 picks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Probably ethanoic or ethanal alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭greenbetty69

hope its benzoic.. just started learning experiments there about 2 hours ago, god help me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

Just off the top of the head (haven't studied chemistry since the friday before English Paper one) :D ...
    But isn't question 1 a mandatory experiment up until organic, then Q2 is a guaranteed organic one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Q1 is a titration. Q2 is Organic. Q3 is anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭greenbetty69

the testing for anions in aqueous solutions is a pain.. theres like 7 to learn in the one experiment! fcuk sake like.. i know the format for each is quite similar but like i said.. fcuk sake

Advertisement