Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A$shole attacks Slash onstage

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

Fair play to Slash, he just kept on playing.

But i'd say the guy ended up getting a right pasting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I love the way he handles it. Privately he's probably freaking but he gets on with it and keeps playing. The guy who tried that probably got the living daylights kicked out of him. If i was Slash i'd be asking serious questions about security!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I hate drunk douchebags that ruin shows. I'm glad slash kept his cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I'd say that guy got some hammering on top of the hit he took when he fell off the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Security may have lapsed to let him run on but respect to the lad who tackles him straight off the edge of the stage!
    That had to hurt.
    Hopefully security lad landed on the other cnut.:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That was prob the worst attempt at tackling someone , he pretty much dived of the stage since Slash was kind of crouched down playing the solo. Fair play to him for just getting on with the song

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Oh that Axl..........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

should have thrown the guy back into the crowd and let them "take care" of him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

dunno ... looks to me like the guy ran on from back stage rather than out of the crowd ... publicity stunt mayhap? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

Feckin broke a les paul too :eek:!

Axl gets an empty bottle thrown at him = gig cancelled
    Slash gets an empty minded fan thrown at him = keeps on shreddin'

I just thank god that top hat stayed on...he would of flipped otherwise :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

just saw it on the news.. the guy got taken down HARD.
    lord lucan wrote: »
    Privately he's probably freaking but he gets on with it and keeps playing. The guy who tried that probably got the living daylights kicked out of him

yeah i thought so too but u notice it was the cool scale in the solo? slash won't be denied playing that scale! what comes directly after is botched.. he was distracted alright

Different angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

old gregg wrote: »
    dunno ... looks to me like the guy ran on from back stage rather than out of the crowd ... publicity stunt mayhap? :p
    I don't think it was a publicity stunt but it does seem strange that he came from backstage.

Malice_ wrote: »
    I don't think it was a publicity stunt but it does seem strange that he came from backstage.

Could be the way the venue is laid out. You could've done that at the old Tivoli in Dublin in the early 90's. You could walk around to the side of the stage and watch them from there. Would've been easy to hop onstage if you were so inclined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

and that ladies and gentlemen is why every guitarist should gig with a backup guitar...

never know when some semi naked fat man will pop up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Dunno if this has been posted before but i just got this sent from one of his shows in Italy. Was thinking it was gonna be another horrible thing like what happened to Dimebag when i read it first

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2010/06/16/rocker-slash-carries-on-playing-after-stage-attack-in-italy-watch-the-video-here-86908-22337536/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Fair play to him for just playing on, cool as you like.... The only thing better would have been if he'd done a Kieth Richards on the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Oh well.... I will settle for second best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

discobeaker I've merged your thread with the other one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

reminds me, its guys like these not content with what'd be a rare enough stagedive these days wantin to talk with or handle high profile pop royalty mid-performance that'll eliminate the possibility of punters like us sneakin it backstage n mixin it up - stages may become retractable platforms hanging from cranes in a bulletproof glass case

invade the stage if ya will, but u just don't disturb the performance. notice Oasces quit fairly soon after a similar attack? woofters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Kept playing, What a pro!

Advertisement