Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 iPhone Customers - Get out of contract!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

nagero wrote: »

thanks guys, got through to a much nicer man, Connor second time round, and he cancelled my contract on the spot !! and i can pay my usual bill as per normal !!
    whooop

STICKIN IT TOO THE MAN
    THANKS OP

might be a good idea to get it in writing also, will email them for confirmation

anyone that gets fobbed off the first time, or is ringing up and is nervous or unsure like i was and hung up when they said no first, have this at the ready
    Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (electronic communications networks and services)(Universal Service and Users’ rights) regulations 2003 an operator shall not shall not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service, and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification. If you wish to exercise your right under Regulation 17 please contact O2. The continued use of O2 services after the effective date of the change is deemed acceptance of the change.

Notification Date: *12 June 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

Sweet, just got out of my contract too........I had 13 months to go!!!!

Thanks a mil Ingen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Thanks OP :)
    Just got it sorted there, the lad who I was onto (very sound fella) told me they're getting a load of calls with people cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dubbegoode

I tried to cancel, I got a load of c***. Basically told only if I leave the network can I cancel my contract, so guess what Vodafone here I come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

They just got new instructions like dubbegoode said.

They have no iphone tarrif that isn't an 18month contract so you'd have to either accept it or leave the network.

You would be refunded the contract break fee once you port the number away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Christ, this could cost them a fortune in subsidised iPhones going off to VF and 3.......Good:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

2nd call and still getting nowhere !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

nagero wrote: »
    They just got new instructions like dubbegoode said.

They have no iphone tarrif that isn't an 18month contract so you'd have to either accept it or leave the network.

You would be refunded the contract break fee once you port the number away.

Yeah I was just on there again and the woman said that its only if i was to leave the network that I could get out of contract without penalty! What the **** are they doing in there? She also had not heard of any of this happening! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Lads clarify for me if I cancel what happens does it go payg??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

yeah I was just told that if I cancel my contract I have to move to another network..??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Just got an email from o2 confirming that my contract has been removed under regulation 17 !!
    Thanks a million OP:D

taconnol wrote: »
    yeah I was just told that if I cancel my contract I have to move to another network..??

no your rights are, your allowed cancel without penalty, and i asked the fella i got through to, he said the bill will continue monthly as usual

my feckin phone is o2 locked now tho, what are the chances they'll unlock it now for me ?

I think that you have to specifically say that you saw the changes on their website and that you are exercising your right to void your contract under the terms of regulation 17
    try it again

I used the words, Id like to ENVOKE my cancellation rights, lol, felt magical !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Email from them.

Thank you for contacting O2 Customer Care.
    In response to your e-mail, this is not coming into effect until the 12th of July 2010. You can e-mail in on that date and request cancellation and not before.
    I hope this is of assistance to you

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Just emailed them and said I wanted to terminate my contract as they were changing the terms and conditions.

I did state I would stay on the network but they said my account would be cancelled at next billing date and I would receive a final bill after that.

So its off to another provider as soon as then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I just signed up (Monday) with them on a 18 month contract and got a HTC desire and was just told I could walk away from them with no fines what do I do now LOL

chrislad wrote: »
    Email from them.

Thank you for contacting O2 Customer Care.
    In response to your e-mail, this is not coming into effect until the 12th of July 2010. You can e-mail in on that date and request cancellation and not before.
    I hope this is of assistance to you
    what's going on?? I got this

Hi

As per our conversation your contract will be removed. Please see below.

Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (electronic communications networks and services)(Universal Service and Users’ rights) regulations 2003 an operator shall not shall not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service, and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification. If you wish to exercise your right under Regulation 17 please contact O2. The continued use of O2 services after the effective date of the change is deemed acceptance of the change.

Thanks

O2 Customer Care

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

BOBBY wrote: »
    no your rights are, your allowed cancel without penalty, and i asked the fella i got through to, he said the bill will continue monthly as usual
    well yeah he said they would waive the usual penalty for leaving a contract but he said that if i wanted to stay with them, i would have to enter into a new contract!
    Fionagus wrote: »
    I think that you have to specifically say that you saw the changes on their website and that you are exercising your right to void your contract under the terms of regulation 17
    try it again
    yeah i did that.

bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

well yeah he said they would waive the usual penalty for leaving a contract but he said that if i wanted to stay with them, i would have to enter into a new contract!

yeah i did that.

bleh.

Quoting "without penalty" as what they suggest is a penalty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 sheehanpaul

Was told that I would need to port off the network if I wanted to exercise my right to cancel. Completely counter productive as I will move to a SIM only plan on vodafone rather than stay on a SIM only plan on o2. I presume they think that people will be too lazy to port to another network provider... What do people think, can they force me to port, under section 17 I would think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I was told i was out of my contract as of today and that i will continue on my current plan. Seems like there are telling everyone something different, either way i'll be ringing up Friday to cancel.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Good thread OP, without it their customer care people would be pulling the wool over a lot of peoples eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

copacetic wrote: »
    Good thread OP, without it their customer care people would be pulling the wool over a lot of peoples eyes...

Agreed :)

I was told i was out of my contract as of today and that i will continue on my current plan. Seems like there are telling everyone something different, either way i'll be ringing up Friday to cancel.

I was told the same and received an email stating that my contract had been 'removed' (see previous post) . They also pointed out that I would have to sign a new contract if I upgraded later

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

Would love to get out of contract, seeing what they did to me here

think o2 shot themselves in the foot with this one, or are we boardsies only the tip of the iceberg, will 90% of iphone customers be oblivious to these new changes

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Fionagus wrote: »
    I was told the same and received an email stating that my contract had been 'removed' (see previous post) . They also pointed out that I would have to sign a new contract if I upgraded later

That is standard anyway.
    Bit like the uninvited phone calls: "Just going through your account to see if you are on the right tariff.....".
    "No, this is your annual call to try and screw me into signing on for another 12 month contract, by PRETENDING to give a s**t whether the contract is right for me or not......hello......... hello?":D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

so lads lets clarify...

if i really want to stick it to o2, can i go down to an o2 store now and use my gold upgrade to get an iphone. then ring up customer care and say "regulation 17 etc, let me out of my 1 hour old contract"??

• Advertisement

lol if you do !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement