Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 iPhone Customers - Get out of contract!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭anneboleyn

Monkaa wrote: »
    ive been on hold for over 15 minutes at this stage! Should I give up and ring in the morning?

I would the people who can give you extras arent working till then all you will achieve tonight is to get out of contract

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was told I'd get a callback during work hours tomorrow. Will await the outcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Finally got through & there gona call me back at half 9 tomorrow morning, id say its gotten well outa hand at this stage! The power of the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I've been told by Customer Care that I am no longer tied to my contract; however upon seeking to change my plan shortly after I've been told to 'expect a callback'.

This may not be good!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No they have agreed to the new pricing, but the contract will be open so if you want you can leave. if people don't contact o2 now and wait until 12th passes, they will have by default accepted the new prices and still be tied to the remainer of their contract.

I wouldn't put up with that crap, TBH. I don't buy the National papers. I don't spend my time trawling through O2's T&C pages for changes, just in case they change something. AFAIR from my days doing a bit of contract Law, lack of acknowledgement can't be taken as agreement? So if they don't notify me personally, they can sod off........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭darg

Would this enable me to get out of my o2 mobile broadband contract (since i could make calls from the sim in my dongle if necessary)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

darg wrote: »
    Would this enable me to get out of my o2 mobile broadband contract (since i could make calls from the sim in my dongle if necessary)
    It would be a tenuous argument to say the least. I doubt they would buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

whiterebel wrote: »
    I wouldn't put up with that crap, TBH. I don't buy the National papers. I don't spend my time trawling through O2's T&C pages for changes, just in case they change something. AFAIR from my days doing a bit of contract Law, lack of acknowledgement can't be taken as agreement? So if they don't notify me personally, they can sod off........

That's genius and if it turns out your wrong then doing nothing will have been the best option because as you pointed out you don't have time to be reading internet forums and the like which obviously has left you completely unaware of the changes. :pac:

Fight the Power!

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

how does this affect your upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

how does this affect your upgrade?

If your want to get out of your contract you won't be getting an upgrade, you'd get a new phone from which ever network you move to.
    If you want to stay with o2 and get your upgrade your in the wrong thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

opr wrote: »
    That's genius and if it turns out your wrong then doing nothing will have been the best option because as you pointed out you don't have time to be reading internet forums and the like which obviously has left you completely unaware of the changes. :pac:

Fight the Power!

Opr

Boards.ie? never heard of it.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

J'sus, this must be the fastest growing thread ever in the Apple Forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

Hey guys just read this thread very nice!

I have a query Ive been on O2 for 2 years shortly, have a release iPhone 3G, as the signal in the area has become pretty bad e.g. Im getting text coming through at 4am! :eek: and "no service" to which Ive contacted about and even had sim replaced but no resolution then should I avail of this envoking :)

Would getting a iPhone 4 be cheaper signing up via Vodafone than getting it through a silver upgrade with O2????? as Im not 100% sure of signal coverage with vodafone its prolly the same but if I can save some quid and be able to leave then Ill give it a go!

please advise
    Also do you have to call on the 12th July and tell them your disconnecting or whats the situation there?

Thanks in advance
    n.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Brilliant thread , I will be on first thing in the morning !

I have 3 phones on my account , (two other people) will I have to individually get them taken from contract or will they take the account off contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Update - Just after getting an E-mail from O2 telling me I'm on a 30 day contract.

Woo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

ooo if i took out a iphone contract now could I get out of it before 12 july or would they have this in the new contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

ladd19 wrote: »
    ooo if i took out a iphone contract now could I get out of it before 12 july or would they have this in the new contract?

I doubt it as I assume they will draw your attention to the new TOCs that will be in place and it will be these you agree to

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Brady

It actually doesnt effect your upgrade, you are still entitled to your upgrade 12 months after your previous handset.

If your want to get out of your contract you won't be getting an upgrade, you'd get a new phone from which ever network you move to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I went into contract 18 months only on monday where do I stand now can I get out

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Brady wrote: »
    It actually doesnt effect your upgrade, you are still entitled to your upgrade 12 months after your previous handset.

If you take the upgrade your automatically back in contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Carpenter wrote: »
    I went into contract 18 months only on monday where do I stand now can I get out

what call charges did you sign up for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

depending on when these changes were "announced", you could be in an awesome position by the sounds of it

if this new info was already available when you signed, you may have agreed to the changes

worth a bit of investigation imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I think alot of people would be in my position and confused about the situation so I think it was a proper question to ask.

I have a iPhone 3G and am due an upgrade. I intend getting the iPhone 4 with O2, therefore I'm better sticking with my contract and renewing when I get my iPhone 4 for cheaper with my upgrade.

My only decision is whether I want to come out of contract, go up North buy an iPhone 4 sim free before release date in the republic and get onto a cheaper monthly sim-only tariff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

40 euro a month I think it is called 150 got the handset Htc for 160 euro

Brady wrote: »

Did o2 change their policy on upgrades? It used to be after hitting a certain amount in billings, not the length of time. Vodafone do this as well. I'm over 12 months now, but haven't spent enough to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭starfish12

the iphone contracts were all for 18 months, so not entitled to an upgrade until then apparently

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Just called this morning.
    Was told I'd be released from my contract, but would have to port off the network within 30 days. Told them others online have been allowed stay on, at which point they said they'd refer it to the team dealing with this issue, and I'd get a call back.
    Tbh, I can't see how they can make you leave...surely that isn't releasing you "without penalty" as stated?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

40 euro a month I think it is called 150 got the handset Htc for 160 euro

no what are the actual call charges that you signed up for and did the contract you signed mention anything about new charges coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Just had it confirmed by the mods on the O2 Forum that I am out of my contract, seems if you called early enough yesterday they just took you off with no questions.

Have requested an email from them as well but the Mod comment will do just fine :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Tried to tell me that I would have to leave the network , I was having none of it , getting put through to another department now .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement