Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best dog clippers to buy

Options
  • 16-06-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi, I want to give my dogs their haircut but am unsure of what clippers to buy. I've seen the oster recommended but people complain about them getting too hot. The other one was the moser.

One of my dogs would be fine with an ordinary clippers but my poor bear has a few big matts that a regular clippers just won't cut. Can anyone help? Thank you all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

I recently bit the bullet and bought myself a decent dog clippers, have done a grooming course to help with my "skills" but its handy for at home grooming, techniques etc.

Clippers arrived yday and gave it a go today and i am very happy with it, didn't give out once where the human clippers i had been using used to over heat and cut out :rolleyes:

http://christiesdirect.com/product.php?sp_p=802010 - this is the one i bought and will hopefully, once i look after it, won't ever have to replace it!

Would recommend it to you

HTH

Eemia

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Cheers for that. Appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Can anyone recommend a cheaper clippers than the one linked above that is still fairly good - I just need one for shaving inside the dogs ears and also their paw pads??? Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

I think Oster do some small clippers (they fit nearly in the palm of your hand) for bits around the head/feet, but as most of their stuff is pretty expensive (and good) I'm not sure it's what you're looking for. Would human ones do the if you don't use them often?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Wisco wrote: »
    I think Oster do some small clippers (they fit nearly in the palm of your hand) for bits around the head/feet, but as most of their stuff is pretty expensive (and good) I'm not sure it's what you're looking for. Would human ones do the if you don't use them often?

Thanks Wisco. No I'm definitely not looking for anything expensive - around €50 max I'd say - really just something that works. We tried a fairly good human clippers on the inside of the ears and it wasn't great! I have a google for the small Oster ones and see what they go to!

• Advertisement
Advertisement