Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

time lapse

• 16-06-2010 11:52am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭

now that i have a camera which can do this, does anyone have any software they could recommend which can take the photos as input and output a video?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I started this thread when I got a 7D and wanted to use the Canon Utility software + additional software to create a Time Lapse video. All reccommendations you need is in here. It helped me create this;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Windows or Mac, windows movie maker can do it and I am sure the Mac has something similar built in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Quicktime pro.... photoshop can too (trial if you're stuck)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

cheers - i just need to worry about all those extra shutter actuations, give there are 1500 exposures needed for a minute of video...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

photoshop can too (trial if you're stuck)

Hang the sh*t on, photoshop can what?! Can photoshop control an external camera? Or are you talking about the animation function?

Ive been using DSLR remote Pro to remote trigger the camera to create time lapse... The upside, I can sleep while my camera snaps

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i assume he's talking about the animation function, i've never seen any functionality in PS for controlling the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

now that i have a camera which can do this, does anyone have any software they could recommend which can take the photos as input and output a video?

TAKE(USE) PHOTOS AS INPUT

GIVE VIDEO OUTPUT

Where in there does it mention controlling the camera?

:Facepalm:

yep - for the record, it's a D300 i have, which does not need external control for the photography end, it's programmable on the camera itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

My compact - Canon G9 - has a timelapse video function, where it can take 1 frame every second (or 2sec - there is a choice).

It's a compact so I don't need to worry about the shutter actuations I guess, and as it is a video function then there is no need for any animation software.

Here is a timelapse of a sunset I did recently....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHxdLwdtsPA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

TAKE(USE) PHOTOS AS INPUT

GIVE VIDEO OUTPUT

Where in there does it mention controlling the camera?

:Facepalm:

It wasn't at all clear to me... I was just looking for some clarity which i recieved. Thanks Bastarder, thought i'd through in 2c to make his process a little easier (it was unnecessary). Cameras can also be used to record video to hard disks through a variety of programmes (both still and moving image). He mentioned the word take, which i thought implied controlling the camera. That the photo was to be taken by an external influence. I acknowledge my error and sincere apologies if my stupidity offended you or disrupted your day.

• Advertisement

if i got offended by misunderstandings online...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jtang

been playing around with timelapse, i got an interval shooting remote over the weekend.

the shots were stitched together with virtualdub (free and opensource) but I guess i could have done it with ffmpeg or mencoder on my linux/mac machines as well.

I need to play more with timelapse videos

Advertisement