Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Question 1? (HL)

• 16-06-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Obviously company accounts are more than likely coming up, failing that, sole trader.
    If they came up I would be fine i've studied them and got an A1 in the mocks etc...

I just wanna know have any schools/teachers predicted manufacturing accounts to come up for the second year in a row? It wouldn't take me too long to learn them, I'm just wondering? It could make or break my exam if they came up right now.

Also, are departmental still on the course? Anybody heard an outside tip for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

We covered everything, but Company accounts is pretty much the only thing I'm gonna learn.
    Our teacher said there's the outside chance of Departmental, but the rest of the predictions for the paper seem to easy, so they probably wouldn't put that on. (It's considered to be easy)

Manufacturing are quite hard IMO, and it's a very long shot they'll come up.

Company and Sole Trader are pretty much the same, and I'm gonna concentrate on them.
    Keep em mind, if something different comes up, pretty much the whole country will be in the same boat, having expected Company. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Obviously company accounts are more than likely coming up, failing that, sole trader.
    If they came up I would be fine i've studied them and got an A1 in the mocks etc...

I just wanna know have any schools/teachers predicted manufacturing accounts to come up for the second year in a row? It wouldn't take me too long to learn them, I'm just wondering? It could make or break my exam if they came up right now.

Also, are departmental still on the course? Anybody heard an outside tip for them?
    Learn the layout for Manufacturing. It'll take 5/10 mins, and it might save you.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

I really hope it's Company Accounts, it's the only one i'm learning!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Don't just concentrate on Company, and ignore Sole Trader. They are very similar, and adjustments can be swapped around between them. For example, in the past, suspense hardly ever came up in Company Accounts, except for 2007 (and then the Pre Companies carbon copied that question), but there is no reason why Bank Recons. can't come up for Sole Traders, etc.

Know how to deal with Q1 adjustments that haven't come up for Sole Trader or Company yet, such as goods sold on a Sale or Return Basis, etc.

Advertisement