Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q-Con Super SF4 pre-seeding

Options
  • 16-06-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, in preparation for the Q-Con XVII Super Street Fighter IV tournament, I was wondering if I could get a little help from you guys. I want to try and seed the groups but I don't play the game much so I don't know who the top players are.

Since seeding a tournament can take a verrrrrrrrry long time, I want to get some of it done in advance. So, pretty much, could you post your opinions of who are the top 16 players in Ireland, in order? Opinions will vary between people and that's fine, I just need a rough idea of which players to keep separate.

If I have opinions from you guys, it'll speed up the seeding, which in turn speeds up the whole event - which means I can relax sooner! :P

Thanks in advice for any help!

edit: Feel free to give the same advice (though I'm sure a much smaller number than 16) for BlazBlue and Tekken if there's enough players. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Here's the current seed list based on the last Inferno :

1st - Cobelcog (Cammy) - 8
    2nd - Bush (Chun-Li/Blanka) - 7
    3rd - Azza (Dictator) - 6
    4th - fake_roogle (Boxer) - 5
    5th - Liquidswords (Fei Long) - 4
    5th - The Hound (Akuma/Adon/Dictator) - 4
    7th - unky chop chop (Ken) - 3
    7th - Doctor DooM (Guile) - 3
    9th - Ken B (Claw) -2
    9th - Owwmykneecap (Claw) - 2
    9th - D4RK ONION (E. Honda) - 2
    9th - FutureGuy (Ryu) - 2
    13th - Jim (Cammy) - 1
    13th - Malachy (Boxer/El Fuerte) - 1
    13th - Speedhaak (Boxer) -1
    13th - Sisko (Ryu/Ibuki) - 1

However that's a little mish-mashed so I would say something like :
    Cobelcog
    Newtype
    Simon Lau
    Bush
    Azza
    Hound
    Dreddybajs
    Doom
    Roogle
    Blag
    Liquidswords
    Ken B
    Chunkis
    Kirby
    D4RK onion
    me? :P

I dunno exactly but something like that. I didn't put much thought into where people are on the list and I'm not on it but it should give you something to work from.

I would also suggest seeding by location where possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Cheers! I wanted to avoid purely going by most recent tourney results since there's some great players who may not be able to travel either up north or down south.

And yeah I wanna split up by region if possible, with the sheer number of players it could be hard but I'll do my best!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Vyze wrote: »
    post your opinions of who are the top 16 players in Ireland, in order?

Well, this is going to be fun. :)

Well, this is going to be fun. :)
    Fight! Fight! Fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Cobelcog
    Newtype
    Hound
    Simon Lau
    Bush
    Azza
    Roogle
    Blag
    Liquidswords
    Dreddybajs
    Chunkis
    Doom
    Red350
    Kirby
    D4RK onion
    Orim

I'm not exactly sure as to the order of the second half of the list, after top 8 it's kind of hard to put people in an easy order

edit: And I've only met Simon once, I dunno if putting Hound above him is correct, just going on the events I've been to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Cobelcog
    Newtype
    Hound
    Simon Lau
    Bush
    Azza
    Roogle
    Blag
    Liquidswords
    Dreddybajs
    Chunkis
    Doom
    Red350
    Kirby
    D4RK onion
    Orim

I'm not exactly sure as to the order of the second half of the list, after top 8 it's kind of hard to put people in an easy order

edit: And I've only met Simon once, I dunno if putting Hound above him is correct, just going on the events I've been to

Not too sure of an exact order I'd use, but I'd definitely have Ken B on the list ahead of Orim, but other than that your list is the top 16.

Honourable mentions to Unky Chop Chop and Future Guy who have both proven to be very solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

i came 2nd at last yrs qcon sf4 tourney and got jack s**t :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Enter fifa, you might win something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

lol

Xinkai wrote: »
    Enter fifa, you might win something :pac:

i suck ass at fifa, and fifa sucks ass because you dont get to mash shoryukens. i payed eight bones to enter, got second and got a "thanks for playing", i felt like i was playing the arcade. was good craic tho

• Advertisement

i suck ass at fifa, and fifa sucks ass because you dont get to mash shoryukens. i payed eight bones to enter, got second and got a "thanks for playing", i felt like i was playing the arcade. was good craic tho

[gouken] The true reward is not in the acquisition of material goods, but in the knowledge one has bettered himself.[/gouken]

[gouken] The true reward is not in the acquisition of material goods, but in the knowledge one has bettered himself.[/gouken]

gouken can kiss my ass, were living in a material world and im a material girl. they could have at least offered me some toast
    what date is it happening this year anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

You should head to Dublin, thats where all the money grabbing goes on

gouken can kiss my ass, were living in a material world and im a material girl. they could have at least offered me some toast
    what date is it happening this year anyway?
    There's a thought, I could totally do with some toast between tournaments, wonder if I'll be allowed to plug a toaster in somewhere?

Anyway, the event's on from the 25th to the 27th of this month. The Super SF4 tourney is on the Saturday but there's plenty of other games to play for both freeplay and tourneys over the weekend!

edit: Wait, eight quid? Are you sure you're not thinking of a different event or are you including the overall Q-Con entry fee in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Do I get a BB seeding for having played it more than once? :P

Haven't heard of anybody playing it apart from the 5-6 usual suspects at Slayers the guts of a year ago.

Do I get a BB seeding for having played it more than once? :P

Haven't heard of anybody playing it apart from the 5-6 usual suspects at Slayers the guts of a year ago.

Dude there's a guy with a blaz blue signature in this thread. :)

Vyze would you like me to split the off topic posts in this thread into the other q con one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Vyze wrote: »
    edit: Wait, eight quid? Are you sure you're not thinking of a different event or are you including the overall Q-Con entry fee in that?

Single-day entry = £7
    Tourney entry = £1

unless I'm mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Turns out I have avatars and signatures disabled for some reason, no wonder it looks so plain and civilised in here. :pac:

Not too sure of an exact order I'd use, but I'd definitely have Ken B on the list ahead of Orim, but other than that your list is the top 16.

Honourable mentions to Unky Chop Chop and Future Guy who have both proven to be very solid.

Yeah Ken B or a few other players could easily get in there too.

Vyze would you like me to split the off topic posts in this thread into the other q con one.
    Signatures off, livin' the dream!

And nah, so long as I can skim to find big lists of names, 'sall good! Your call though!

• Advertisement

If you're happy I'm happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

i came 2nd at last yrs qcon sf4 tourney and got jack s**t :(.

You didn't go to prize giving. Normally there is no second place prize anyway.

mr_kyle wrote: »
    You didn't go to prize giving. Normally there is no second place prize anyway.

hahahaha i knew you would show up on this!!!!!!!!!! i didnt go because i genuinly didnt know, but its cool, was good craic. im wholly undecided whether or not to go this year. are you oragnising it this year?
    a suggestion i would make to whoever is organising it is that last year sf4 was being played on ps3 and 360. i was at an extreme disadvantge on the ps3 version cus i cant use the pad, i use a 360 fightpad, if someone had a ps3 fightpad then problem solved but they didnt. i may aswell not have played the ps3 matches i was so bad. so the suggestion would be to decide on a particular console so people can get organised for what they are fighting on.
    just a suggestion.

Don't worry, it's all 360 for SSF4 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

hahahaha i knew you would show up on this!!!!!!!!!!

:P
    i didnt go because i genuinly didnt know, but its cool, was good craic. im wholly undecided whether or not to go this year. are you oragnising it this year?

There wasn't supposed to be a 2nd place prize for it at all. So it was at the time pointless for me to tell you to go. But during prize giving itself some extra goodies were found by the main committee and handed out. FYI, it was Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the PS2. But if you were curious, you should have checked it out. All the info was in the con book.

Circumstance prevents me from doing so this year unfortunately. At the moment I will not be there at all. Vyze will be the videogame co-ordinator for the weekend.
    a suggestion i would make to whoever is organising it is that last year sf4 was being played on ps3 and 360. i was at an extreme disadvantge on the ps3 version cus i cant use the pad, i use a 360 fightpad, if someone had a ps3 fightpad then problem solved but they didnt. i may aswell not have played the ps3 matches i was so bad. so the suggestion would be to decide on a particular console so people can get organised for what they are fighting on.
    just a suggestion.

This year it will all be run on the 360 alone. All our SF events this season have been run on the 360. So you will be grand fight pad wise if you decide to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

We ve only had one tourny in super which is a different game to vanila.

surely it would not be fair to seed people for thei vanilla reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

Whilst it may have an ounce of truth, I think that's a bit silly..

I'm sure people have played enough Super to get a rough idea of who the top players are regardless of tournament results - especially seeing as not every tournament has all the top players attending (a tournament held up north may not have the best southerners appearing and vice versa).

Plus, without seeding, we'd have to do it completely random, which means that the top 6 players could end up in a group together which would be a disaster! In my opinion, seeding based on general consensus is the best we can do for the time being.

Wouldn't be fair on the top players not to, and at the same time will provide a better shot of the best players actually making it to the final, which is a good thing imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Im not saying dont seed it. im saying take into account only Super competitions.

Advertisement