Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want to own my own country

• 16-06-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

And just make up sh1t like this:

World Cup 2010 paper view: A glorious win for North Korea

kim460.jpg
    North Korea's leader, Kim Jong-il, who once hit six holes-in-one in a single round of golf, scored 28 goals in North Korea's 29-0 win over Brazil, according to the Pyongyang Democrat

Victory!" screams the front page banner headline of North Korean daily the Pyongyang Democrat, above a report outlining how the Democratic People's Republic of Korea torpedoed hapless Brazil in a 29-0 rout, in which bespectacled man of the match, chairman of the National Defence Commission, general secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, supreme leader and midfield general Kim Jong-il scored 28 goals, with his late father eternal president Kim Il-Sung chipping in with a victory-sealing 30-yard surface-to-air missile in injury-time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/16/world-cup-2010-paper-view-barry-glendenning

Cant we just say we are there and won it??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

His 27th goal was definitely offside and there was a hint of handball about his 25th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

You are aware the Guardian is just taking the p1ss! :pac:

What was actually reported was:
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16062010/2/north-korea-earn-moral-victory-kcna-hails-effort.html
    North Korea's official KCNA news agency said coach Kim Jong-hun's side had matched the South Americans all the way in the 2-1 defeat at Ellis Park in Johannesburg.

"From the outset of the match the two teams fought a seesaw battle," the KCNA reported. "The DPRK footballers created good shooting chances, not losing their confidence even after losing two goals."

"At about the 88th minute of the match Jong Tae-se headed the ball before passing it to Ji Yun-nam who powerfully kicked it into the rival's goalmouth, scoring a goal," the KCNA said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Wow, i'm surprised they announced the loss. I heard that they edit the highlights to show NK to be the better team and even cut out the opposition goals. I thought it'd be reported as a 1-0 win last night for NK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

He's a great sports person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Osu wrote: »
    He's a great sports person.
    I know, 6 holes in one in a single round. Wow, my record is only 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Degag wrote: »
    I know, 6 holes in one in a single round. Wow, my record is only 4.

I got 19 holes in one in one round, but I dont want to get into the specifics because this is a soccer forum and not a golf forum :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Really???:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Really really ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

No.
    Okay, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Degag wrote: »
    Wow, i'm surprised they announced the loss. I heard that they edit the highlights to show NK to be the better team and even cut out the opposition goals. I thought it'd be reported as a 1-0 win last night for NK.

Nah they're brainwashed yes but its a rather specific area of brainwashing.
    They're brainwashed into Juche (self sufficiency), the great and dear leader nonsense, the economic state of the rest of the world to an extent and about the evil American/Japanese imperialists wanting to invade. But they can actually be quite knowledgeable on other things.

For example last year, or two years ago I can't remember, the main newspaper in Pyongyang actually thanked an American ship for rescuing some North Korean sailors when their ship was sinking.

On the football front they're well aware that their best world cup performance was in 1966 making it to the quarter finals and they are proud of it.

AFAIK they aren't getting to see this world cup but thats to do with the recent political situation between the North and South. For the past 2-3 world cups a South Korean TV channel provided free delayed coverage to the North of all matches, 'capitalist' advertisements edited out and new audio commentating thrown in for various reasons. One major reason would be they wouldn't understand a lot of the terms that the South Koreans use in reference to football.

E.g > In South Korea a 'corner kick' is phonetically called a 'corner kick', the English is used. But in the North they'd have no idea what that was.

Oh and btw during this qualifier campaign for the 2006 world cup when they played Iran in Pyongyang there were riots after a North Korean player was sent off.

It is a closed off dictatorship with brainwashing from birth but a lot of people exaggerate it to the extreme. Its very bad but its not 'that' bad.

Advertisement