Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel Cell RC Car

Options
  • 16-06-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any ideas about how to go about building a model fuel cell car?

http://popsci.typepad.com/how20blog/2007/12/how-to-make-a-f.html

Here is a site which shows how to build it but its a little difficult to get the parts in Ireland. Just seeing if anybody else had any experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

There's a fuel cell RC on the market for a year or two now, but I reckon the DIY could be a fun project. I'd build it on a better chassis than that Hummer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah but the fuel cell is actually quite dear (250euro to get it to ireland, shipping is stupidly expensive). And the fuel cell used in the hummer will only provide enough power(1W) to replace two AA batteries. Finding a remote control car that uses only two batteries is very difficult. Any help on where to get this or a cheaper fuel cell? Have been in lots of toy shops and no luck. Getting the hummer off amazon.

I realise I'm probably asking a bit much.

Oh yeah and that fuel cell thing on the market is soo expensive(over 800euro I think) if you are talking about the same one im thinking of. Its one with a lot of blue on it.

Advertisement