Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OpenFM 89.9 FM are looking for fun outgoing people to join our promotion team "the st

• 16-06-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hey all you interwebbing kids!

Do you find yourself aimlessly browsing around the net for hours on end and feel as if you're wasting your summer? Well here's your solution!

We here at OpenFM are recruiting! We're on the lookout for young and energetic people to join our 'Street Angels' promotions team.

If you're up for a new challenge and would like meet and greet new people, as well as make plenty of friends along the way then volunteer to join 'The Street Angels' today! No experience necessary ;)

We're accepting applications at promotions@openfm.ie

See you soon :)

Thanks
    Warren Joyce
    Asst Station Manager
    OpenFM 89.9 FM
    www.openfm.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭pumpkinsoup

energy69 wrote: »

Do you find yourself aimlessly browsing around the net for hours on end and feel as if you're wasting your summer? Well here's your solution!

We here at OpenFM are recruiting! We're on the lookout for young and energetic people to join our 'Street Angels' promotions team.

If you're up for a new challenge and would like meet and greet new people, as well as make plenty of friends along the way then volunteer to join 'The Street Angels' today! No experience necessary ;)

We're accepting applications at promotions@openfm.ie

See you soon :)

Thanks
    Warren Joyce
    Asst Station Manager
    OpenFM 89.9 FM
    www.openfm.ie
    Warren, I think you should familiarise yourself with the employment equality act and modify your OP accordingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

No Fat Chicks I presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Interwebbing kids?

Sounds like an awful JML commerical.

Imaging issues so early.

not good ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

energy69 wrote: »

Do you find yourself aimlessly browsing around the net for hours on end and feel as if you're wasting your summer?

OMG OMG! I'm so there!
    I knew all those hours I wasted on boards.ie wouldn't go to waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Jesus lads, give the guy a break. He's looking for help here.

@pumpkinsoup - employment law is irrelevant as no "employment" will take place. These are voluntary positions.

As a member myself of OpenFM's production and presentation crew, I can tell you that the promotion gang have a great amount of fun getting out there and promoting the station - but they ARE a bit stretched with their limited numbers and they're simply looking for a few more bodies who can spare a few hours a week to help out getting the name of this very worthwhile station out there.

@Tchaikovsky - if I thought you were being serious, I'd laugh. OpenFM is just that - OPEN - open to all people of all body types, races, sexualities, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

No Fat Chicks I presume?

No... They took me on.

Also +1 Bard.

Give them a facking break you skeptical hippies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Ah, good to hear; it's just from seeing the promotional girls for Spin and 98FM and all those awful travesties they call radio stations, they seem to go for a certain type of female.

Best of luck with the station, guys! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭pumpkinsoup

Bard wrote: »
    Jesus lads, give the guy a break. He's looking for help here.

@pumpkinsoup - employment law is irrelevant as no "employment" will take place. These are voluntary positions.
    Fair enough. I didn't pick that up when I read the OP.

Still, it's not very nice to use the term "young" when recruiting people. If you were paying these people (which you're not) it would be the legal equivalent of saying no blacks or no gays under the employment equality act. Even though the act may not apply to OpenFM in this case, some minimum standards are also expected from volunteering organisations. Here's a link to the Irish charter for effective volunteering: http://www.volunteeringireland.ie/page.php?id=9
    Organisations' responsibilities

* To ensure the volunteering experience is a rewarding one
    * To ensure equal access and not to discriminate
    Bard wrote: »
    OpenFM is just that - OPEN - open to all people of all body types, races, sexualities, etc.
    ... as long as they are young???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Fair enough. I didn't pick that up when I read the OP.

Still, it's not very nice to use the term "young" when recruiting people. If you were paying these people (which you're not) it would be the legal equivalent of saying no blacks or no gays under the employment equality act. Even though the act may not apply to OpenFM in this case, some minimum standards are also expected from volunteering organisations. Here's a link to the Irish charter for effective volunteering: http://www.volunteeringireland.ie/page.php?id=9

... as long as they are young???

Young or young at heart maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

While it just so happens that most of the people involved in the station ARE young, I'm sure that being below a certain age is absolutely not a 'requirement' of any kind.

I'm young. HAHAHA stupid old people!

There are people of all ages involved in the station. The man and woman running it are nearly 40 *I think* and 23 respectivly.

Some (the majority) of the station is young, some are older. Just like any other organisation.

I'm a presenter on the station and i'm 28,is that young or old?

Mr.Mister wrote: »
    I'm a presenter on the station and i'm 28,is that young or old?

Young as far as I'm concerned!

Fago! wrote: »
    Young as far as I'm concerned!

Thanks old timer ;)

Rawr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

Quick Query, Do you mean C.V. when you say to forward applications?

Quick Query, Do you mean C.V. when you say to forward applications?

It can't hurt to send in your CV, but I don't think it's necessary. Do it anyway. Better for us to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Listened up to openfm a few times this week ,it comes across as a young station alright.

It's great to have such a station ,but I don't like the fact that it's so young biased.

I'm suprised not to see more threads about the station to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Mr. Mister I would say you are middle aged :D from a young 50 year old ...... ok I act like a 10 year old but hen that a different story

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

meolwan wrote: »
    Mr. Mister I would say you are middle aged :D from a young 50 year old ...... ok I act like a 10 year old but hen that a different story

Ads are ads ,giving away free xbox games isn't going to pay the bills.

I'm not here to be a pesimist ,it's a great concept and I hope all do well.

meolwan wrote: »

That's what i thought,i knew i was old! haha

Advertisement