Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clareherald.com is it finished

• 16-06-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the story with http://www.clareherald.com/. Site no longer works and I thought it was really handy for keeping up to date on Clare news especially if you are living elsewhere in Ireland or in another country

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

I really hope not, it was a fantastic site and far superior than either of the two newspapers. The point being that they kept it up to date!

They are on twitter and their last tweet* was about 23 hours ago.

*I hate that word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Be a shame if it disappeared alright, the tweets were always up to date and brought me all the clare news, so hopefully be back up soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

The Twitter updates were excellent alright. I wouldn't be that bothered to check a website for local news but when the headlines are part of my stream I was often seeing stories that interested me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Miss it too, it was up there with the National Newspapers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Could be just a problem on the host side, I say give it a few days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

The domain is not pointing the right place..:o
    would like to see it working though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Back tweeting again, but domain doesn't seem to be in action

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Website back up again :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Looks like it has finally gone :(
    NOTICE OCT 26 2010: The Clare Herald will be closed down for a period of time. Over the past three years the site, which is run by volunteers, has built up a huge following and now attracts in excess of 20,000 visits every day. However, due to limited resources we regrettably are unable to continue operating. We hope to relaunch the site in the future should circumstances change. Thank you!! theherald@live.ie

Advertisement