Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE presenters

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

what annoys me about rte in the way they seem to recycle all their presenters. EG:SEOIGE SISTERS. i. do. not. care. if . you're. pretty. do. not. need. to. see. your. faces. on. 50. million. different. programmes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭akkadian

Papillon! wrote: »
    what annoys me about rte in the way they seem to recycle all their presenters. EG:SEOIGE SISTERS. i. do. not. care. if . you're. pretty. do. not. need. to. see. your. faces. on. 50. million. different. programmes.

yeah they're into their recycling alright. Gráinne is fine though:

The eyes poll9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Papillon! wrote: »

They haven't really been around since the demise of their show.

Sorry OP I think you might have been talking about Continuity Announcers and now the thread has gone off topic :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

If you think that ad was bad you should have heard Damian Richardson commentating on the Germany match earlier today.. A couple of the today's classics..

"It wont disimprove the game, it will just take away a bit of the quality of it."

"Sometimes it's harder to play with the extra man than against"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Source????

I heard him say so himself. George Hamilton is an Arsenal supporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Marthaa

Joe Brolly on the GAA panels is an idiot. He constantly finds some way to refer every point he makes back to his beloved Tyrone. His voice is sickening and he makes no contribution to the show. Pat Spillane all the way :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

akkadian wrote: »
    or whatever you call them. RTE have the crappest presenters I've ever heard. You know the people: A game will be advertised on RTE say Cavan Vs. Fermanagh, and they have some dumbass that says "In a game neither team wants to lose"

Really?? Is that the best they can come up with. Logic please. Obviously both teams don't want to lose. That's why they're playing each other. Come on!
    If they could just be a little creative like "a gmae both teams desperately want to win" it would be slightly less foolish. There's a man and a woman on RTE that do this and they both seem to be reading from the same hymn sheet. They both sound as intelligent as my cat, and I'm not joking. I have no doubt there's plenty of little backwater old boys clubs in Donnybrook but could they not make them come up with better.

On the +, the visuals for RTE are very good. The little green snap flowers (venus flytraps) etc. all look nice and suit RTE. It's not the visuals, it's the running commentary which is truly awful!

Not exclusively an RTE problem so fail

Marthaa wrote: »
    Joe Brolly on the GAA panels is an idiot. He constantly finds some way to refer every point he makes back to his beloved Tyrone. His voice is sickening and he makes no contribution to the show. Pat Spillane all the way :D

What it emerged that Joe Brolly had helped (fellow Derryman) Fergal Doherty get his ban reduced last year, he should have been asked by RTE to vacate his position on the panel of The Sunday Game... It's a complete conflict of interest for him to be spreading propaganda for his client (to the nation/media/GAA) on a Sunday night, and defending him on a Monday. Aside from that the man is VERY irritating.

rovert wrote: »
    Not exclusively an RTE problem so fail

huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

"Sometimes it's harder to play with the extra man than against"?

He's right here. It can be tougher playing against 10 men than 11.

The team down to 10 men play differently. The whole setup changes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

How many RTE News reporters are there? Jaysus, there must be 50!

I've seen a few new ones recently that were previously from independent radio and TV3, but you might see them once a month.

Then there's the North West/South East/wherever correspondents who've been doing the job for years. You might only hear a report from them once every two weeks.

Are they at this caper full time? How many do they need and How does RTE justify and are they part-timers???

Nice work if you can get it.

-confused.

How many RTE News reporters are there? Jaysus, there must be 50!

I've seen a few new ones recently that were previously from independent radio and TV3, but you might see them once a month.

Then there's the North West/South East/wherever correspondents who've been doing the job for years. You might only hear a report from them once every two weeks.

Are they at this caper full time? How many do they need and How does RTE justify and are they part-timers???

Nice work if you can get it.

-confused.
    Depends on how well they get paid I suppose. People need jobs. Govt. jobs cost money... the more the merrier if they're paid reasonably (30,000 euro / pa?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Alan Hansen

If you want detailed football analysis. Watch BBC1 with me Alan Hansen.

I wipe my arse with the money from British license fee paying public.

I wipe my arse with the money from British license fee paying public.

And is it still legal tender ... (to quote Father Ted) ?

Advertisement