Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piranhas Wanted!!!

Options
  • 16-06-2010 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

hi, iv recently done all my homework on the piranha. have a large tank etc etc.... im in mayo, can anyone tell me where i could get my hands on 2/3 of them. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

seanie69r wrote: »
    hi, iv recently done all my homework on the piranha. have a large tank etc etc.... im in mayo, can anyone tell me where i could get my hands on 2/3 of them. thanks!

Most decent pet shops can get them in for you by ordering but you do see them popping up every once in a while last time I saw some was in petmania in santry a good while back I think they have places around the country.

So you going for the veggie variety since they are usually the more common ones you see around?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

They are soooo boring, just sit listless under a bit of bogwood all day. I wouldn't waste a large tank on them tbh.

I can think of better oddballs to put in a large tank if you don't want to go for the standard Malawi/Tanganyika/CA cichlids etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    They are soooo boring, just sit listless under a bit of bogwood all day. I wouldn't waste a large tank on them tbh.

I remember seeing about 50 piranha in the aquarium at London Zoo, as you say, just still and listless. But all of them were just staring at us - spine-chilling stuff. :eek:

One of my lifelong memories :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭alcon1984

last time i was in Pet World in Galway they had a load of red belly Piranhas in, give them a ring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭seanie69r

alcon1984 wrote: »
    last time i was in Pet World in Galway they had a load of red belly Piranhas in, give them a ring.

with the advice above i have now bought a pile of tropical fish!!!
    thanks peops!!!

Advertisement