Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Germany v Serbia - Where to watch/Dublin pubs?

Options
  • 16-06-2010 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi, first post so if I'm posting in the wrong place, well sorry... I'm wondering what might be a good pub to watch the Germany v Serbia match on Friday? Yes, I know it's in the middle of the day on a Friday, but I'm taking the time off!

Are there any particular pubs in Dublin that will be frequented by Schland (Germany) supporters for Friday's match?

On past occasions we've watched matches in Sinnotts, but that's in a basement, other suggestions would be welcome as it looks like it's going to be a nice day.

Ok, granted, enjoying the sunshine and watching the match seem slightly at odds, but seeing as I've decided to take the day off to watch the match with my better half (she being the German half) I'd like to pick a good venue!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hi, first post so if I'm posting in the wrong place, well sorry... I'm wondering what might be a good pub to watch the Germany v Serbia match tomorrow? Yes, I know it's in the middle of the day on a Friday, but I'm taking the time off!

You're not much of a Jedi TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

Hi, first post so if I'm posting in the wrong place, well sorry... I'm wondering what might be a good pub to watch the Germany v Serbia match tomorrow? Yes, I know it's in the middle of the day on a Friday, but I'm taking the time off!

If you want to watch the match tomorrow and its on Friday, well you're in trouble because tomorrow is Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trustmeimajedi

Jedi's have days off too you know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Try The Barge, just outside of the city centre, at the Charlemont Luas stop. I'm pretty sure they'll be showing the match, and it's a good pub to go to on a sunny day. I think pretty much everywhere will be showing the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

You can read all about it online here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.

If you want to watch the match tomorrow and its on Friday, well you're in trouble because tomorrow is Thursday.

Quite true. Amended. :)

Stee wrote: »
    You can read all about it online here
    doublefacepalm.jpg

Thanks. Helpful. Ever so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

tbh there doesn't seem to be any particular pub that attracts the German fans unfortunately. None that I have heard of/found yet.

Thanks Prinz and Sanjuro. Current thinking is Porterhouse North, but may indeed think about the barge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Thanks Prinz and Sanjuro. Current thinking is Porterhouse North, but may indeed think about the barge.

If you find one send me a PM will you? Have been looking for a pub where you'd get a half decent German supporting crowd but no luck so far. Won't be out Friday but will be out for later matches.

prinz wrote: »
    If you find one send me a PM will you? Have been looking for a pub where you'd get a half decent German supporting crowd but no luck so far. Won't be out Friday but will be out for later matches.

Hi prinz, will do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

There were a few Germans watching Germany v Australia game last Sunday night in the Bull & Castle at Christchurch.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Woolshed is place to go as fans from most nationalities will be there for all games.
    Plus was there in Euro 2008 for your game with Turkey and lots of Germans then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Zatman wrote: »
    Woolshed is place to go as fans from most nationalities will be there for all games.
    Plus was there in Euro 2008 for your game with Turkey and lots of Germans then

Also they have doors that open in the smoking area that directly face a tv so you can sit outside (if you get a spot) and still see the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BOND747

Id recommend the woolshed its a great place to watch a match

Advertisement