Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whut u think of that HL french paper?

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

Okay please tell me is Khady a he or she?!

I could be wrong but i think khady is a girl cuz her husband died?
    could be VERY wrong there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

eh? I never doubted her gender. I've always seen "elle" when referencing to her, or I could be extremely wrong o_O.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Yes, I agree. For Q.6 I quoted her/him/it as a girl anyways....:pac:

Someone else has probably said in this thread this well before I have..
    But .. you know the common myth that the papers are set in november?
    well did anyone else notice at the end of the first french comprehension( the one about the provisional) that it was january 2010?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 roll on summer 10!

Yeah Khady she was a girl!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

bubblz wrote: »
    Someone else has probably said in this thread this well before I have..
    But .. you know the common myth that the papers are set in november?
    well did anyone else notice at the end of the first french comprehension( the one about the provisional) that it was january 2010?

Also the Haiti Earthquake, which was on January 12th, was on the Geography Paper, so it wasn't finalised until after that time anyway. I always thought it was November but I guess not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Trackmedown

i thought the paper was pretty ok except for one major mistake i made which probably makes me look like a total cow in the examiners eyes!
    in the opinion question about fast food i started going on about obesity and how its a major problem in todays society... couldn't remember the word for obesity but i had a funny feeling it was "l'obese" so i wrote that down... how wrong i was turns out that means people who are obese so my whole essay reads about how something must be done about obese people and how they are causing problems!! cringe!! hopefully the examiner will realise i didn't mean that! otherwise i doubt theyll be v nice with the marking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

i thought the paper was pretty ok except for one major mistake i made which probably makes me look like a total cow in the examiners eyes!
    in the opinion question about fast food i started going on about obesity and how its a major problem in todays society... couldn't remember the word for obesity but i had a funny feeling it was "l'obese" so i wrote that down... how wrong i was turns out that means people who are obese so my whole essay reads about how something must be done about obese people and how they are causing problems!! cringe!! hopefully the examiner will realise i didn't mean that! otherwise i doubt theyll be v nice with the marking!

Did that essay ask you to discuss whether fast food had a place in a healthy diet and not about obesity?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

i really wouldn't worry.. i spelled obesity as OBESITÉ i'm sure the examiner will know what you meant

really messed up french.... made the stupid mistake of looking up the paper on state examinations & translating the text for the answers... well shock horror half my answers are wrong.. & as i stayed up half the night revising was so tired and think i messed up the written part
    bye bye home ec teaching... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 _Exasperated_

I know this is a bit late but overall the exam was OK. I didn't like the reading comprehensions. I thought the listening was easy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

the readings were a bit harder than last years but the written didnt cause alot of problem. What with so many preparing stuff on their future careers and the recession, the question obligatoire was actually okay i thought. the diary entry was bog standard really...same sort of thing every year. Listening was grand aswell- again a bit harder than last years- but it was still clearer and more straightforward than other years. Hoping for a B1 or A2 to do Business and French in TCD so lets hope it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 davey17

calzini wrote: »
    I thought tape was absolutely horrible! Think our CD player was a bit too loud as well which didn't help, could here it vibrating when someone spoke loudly, so annoying!
    Thought the comprehensions were alright and I was happy enough with my written... Hoping for an A but think I might have blown it with the aural :/

My CD player broke in the middle of our tape exam .vibrations would have been nothing...!!:L... hope i passed anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

thought the comprehensions were ok don't know what to make of the written section and the tape was hard i'd be happy if i got a c1 or c2 it looked much harder than the 2009 paper

Advertisement