Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Shadow Complex?

• 16-06-2010 2:11pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's available on XBL for 560 points this week, is it worth buying? I'm seeing mixed reviews but it looks decent though - thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Get it. One of my favourite games of last year. At that price it's an absolute steal. Download the trial first. It gives you a good idea of what the game is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yes, yes it is. It's well worth the original 1200 points and at 560, it's a steal. Play the demo first if you're unsure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Kharn wrote: »
    It's available on XBL for 560 points this week, is it worth buying? I'm seeing mixed reviews but it looks decent though - thoughts?

Seeing as I loved the game, I think its about as essential as oxygen. Its a quality game, and has some nice challenges (try going for the 4% item completion award), all for the cost of a pint or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Picked it and Trials up yesterday , too good a deal to pass up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Well worth it. Who gave it mixed reviews? I've only heard good things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Fantastic game, brought me back to the Super Metroid days of gaming.

I am curious though, where did you see the bad reviews for the game? :confused:

gizmo wrote: »
    I am curious though, where did you see the bad reviews for the game? :confused:

Yeah I was going to ask that too actually. I've yet to read anything other than a glowing review. Some websites etc. had it on their shortlist for game of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

very good game, buy buy buy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Why haven't you got it already :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Good game a steal at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mixed results? what sites are you reading? its an awesome game and a steal at 560

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

really liked it at first but about half way through just gets really annoying with running back and forward around the complex. Worth the money thoughh as its fun enough but just not my cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Played it a bit tonight, Comparison to Super Metroid is a fair one and a + as far as I'm concerned. No idea why I didn't get this when it came out? Oh wait it was the price and the knowing they would reduce it eventually. Everything comes to he who waits :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

calex71 wrote: »
    Played it a bit tonight, Comparison to Super Metroid is a fair one and a + as far as I'm concerned. No idea why I didn't get this when it came out? Oh wait it was the price and the knowing they would reduce it eventually. Everything comes to he who waits :)
    For shame, by waiting nearly a year to play an awesome game you've save a little under a fiver. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, played the demo last night and have chewed it over in my sleep and it's getting bought right now :)

I saw a video review from somewhere yesterday and they were complaining about the aiming system not being right and a couple of things like that, but having given it a lash myself, I don't think it's a problem.

bought it the other day - pretty good - the only disappointing thing for me is the weapons - just not very interesting. a very classy take on the metroid / castlevania formula though. also bought trials hd in the sale - there's a lot of value in that one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I wish I could play through this game fresh again :(

Bring on new Castlevania for map exploration action!

I wish I could play through this game fresh again :(

+1

I really loved the first one. Was exactly what I was looking for at the time. I think I'm going to ring Chair fifteen times a day demanding a sequel until they actually make it.

Advertisement