Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player on loans wages??

• 16-06-2010 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question that has been floating around work for the last day or two.

Does anybody know who pays the wages of a player who is out on loan?

There have been a few different answers coming up,

1. The club who has the player on loan.
    2. The club who have the player on contract.
    3. Both clubs agree to pay a set amount -ie. 50/50.

Nobody is 100% sure :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

celticbest wrote: »
    Just a quick question that has been floating around work for the last day or two.

Does anybody know who pays the wages of a player who is out on loan?

There have been a few different answers coming up,

1. The club who has the player on loan.
    2. The club who have the player on contract.
    3. Both clubs agree to pay a set amount -ie. 50/50.

Nobody is 100% sure :confused:

Afaik it's all of the above, I think it's just something thats decided between the clubs when making a deal to send the player on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya,I think it's agreed between the clubs who pays how much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I'd imagine it works on a case by case basis as opposed to their being a universal rule.

I'd say a lot depends on the circumstances of the loan - is it a case of the manager wants him out of the club at all costs becuase he is a disruptive influence or is it a promising youngster a club really wants to hold on to but who they feel needs time to develop (physically,mentally)

I'd imagine the player is extremely unlikey to end up receiving less than was in his contract with his parent club.

Then it becomes a question of how much the loan club will be willing to contribute to the player's salary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Generally the club who has loaned him will pay. Sometimes 100% sometimes 80% of his wage.

Advertisement