Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get UAN number?

• 16-06-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to get their UAN number without having a bill? Am i legally entitled to it over the phone from an old provider?

Im trying to swap to a new provider but we've no old bills. I really dont want to have to wait for a new one to be posted, which seems like a complete waste of time when the new provider could be getting my account sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Ring your old provider and they should give it to you no problem, most providers will email it to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

It cannot be given out ove rthe phone so ring your provider and ask them to post it out to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

..Brian.. wrote: »
    It cannot be given out ove rthe phone so ring your provider and ask them to post it out to you.

I was told that by one rep, called them again the next day and a different rep gave it to me over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

..Brian.. wrote: »

That seems to be what theyre telling me so ill just have to wait.

Policy is policy so i normally wouldnt be overly bothered by it, my problem is that we get the online bill with this particular provider and the online bill doesnt have the UAN on it. So obviously i said to him that seeing as we dont get posted our bills and the online bill should have the UAN on it could he just tell me over the phone because its the only thing i need, he flat out refused even though its their fault. Pretty irritating but what can you do.

Advertisement