Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What age groups use Rock & Metal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

The name of this poll is What age groups use Rock & Metal.Pretty self explanatory i thought.To see the poll one would have to use the forum in question and take part or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

45 +
    Stick the head round the door of this forum from time to time:D. Am 37, and still listen to the stuff listened to 20yrs ago ie Guns n Roses, Def Leppard, Queen,anything thats on compilaton albums I have from years ago. It all still gets a blast in the car. Can't say I've much time for anything you'd see on Kerrang! these days. God be with the days of Headbangers Ball:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

25-35 years
    24 getting old :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

25-35 years
    ah stop it will ya - i'll be 24 in a couple of months, I dont think im getting my pipe and slippers anytime soon tho :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

45 +
    24 getting old :'(

Sure you're only a nipper!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

45 +
    40 pushing onwards to 41 in October.

Remember some great gigs in the 80's. Like a previous poster, I don't like much that you'd find in Kerrang nowadays. Reading material for me now is Classic Rock, CLassic Rock Presents Prog Terroriser and Metal Hammer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

25-35 years
    My 26th birthday is in 2 weeks... But I clicked the 18 - 25 box because I'm young at heart and still get asked for ID :o

Wow, seen you at Kiss thought you were only early 20's!:eek:

23 myself, and can say that i'm now more definatly into hard/classic than metal as opposed to my teen years

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

35-45 years
    26, it sucks being in a new category on surveys :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

45 +
    Well i'll tell you what nibbs, if you and lucan go to the meet i might just not feel like a predator and go myself!!!!!!

When's it on ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

25-35 years
    Malice_ wrote: »
    I'm 31 and I still appreciate the stuff I was into when I was 16/17.

I still appreciate the stuff I used to listen to when I was 11 or 12! I remember loving Nirvana when Kurt was still alive! Used to dress like him too :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

25-35 years
    bazmaiden wrote: »
    Wow, seen you at Kiss thought you were only early 20's!:eek:

Hahah! Cool. I suppose I stood out a bit.. :D You should have come over to say hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

18-25 years
    17, will be 18 soon.

I feel so young. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

25-35 years
    Hahah! Cool. I suppose I stood out a bit.. :D You should have come over to say hi!

Well i didn't know who you were until you posted the pics in the Kiss thread of you and your mates at the gig.
    I was just standing directly in front of you.

I think the poll has some interesting results, would make for a diverse Beers night!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I still appreciate the stuff I used to listen to when I was 11 or 12! I remember loving Nirvana when Kurt was still alive! Used to dress like him too :o
    I bought my first album when I was 12 - Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion 1 on tape not long after it came out in 1991. And yes I still like it :).
    NIBBS wrote: »
    When's it on ???
    Note to self: Update the meetup threads later! June was voted as the most popular date but Dublin was voted as the most popular venue and seeing as how I don't live there it would be a bit difficult for me to organise it. It would be much simpler if a crowd would come to Galway or Cork ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

45 +
    Malice_ wrote: »
    Note to self: Update the meetup threads later! June was voted as the most popular date but Dublin was voted as the most popular venue and seeing as how I don't live there it would be a bit difficult for me to organise it. It would be much simpler if a crowd would come to Galway or Cork ;).

Always looking for the easy way out Malice :p

June indeed, yeah not that long left in June.....will check for updates later...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

35-45 years
    and whatever bullet for my valentine is considered.

Bad. Very Bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

25-35 years
    I'm 24, nearly 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

35-45 years
    28 and I still act me shoe size! ^_^

Just one thing though.....Why has the poll got a multiple choice select instead of a radial button option. Is this for the schizo's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

25-35 years
    chin_grin wrote: »

Just one thing though.....Why has the poll got a multiple choice select instead of a radial button option. Is this for the schizo's?

It's for people, like us, who want to vote for both their chronological age and their mental age. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

35-45 years
    It's for people, like us, who want to vote for both their chronological age and their mental age. :p

I'm goin' back and checking the 0 - 18 years option so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

25-35 years
    26 next week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

35-45 years
    26, it sucks being in a new category on surveys :mad:

I know, i almost went for the 25 category. I'm 26 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

35-45 years
    i'm 26 and usually come over here to read some decent chat about decent music!

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

chin_grin wrote: »

Humblest apologies. First poll I put up,was'nt overly au fait with the procedure:o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

25-35 years
    21 heading towards 22.

Have had many good years of rock/metal music. Started with Metallica (that is to say, Papa Roach/Limp Bizkit etc) but Metallica in a big way. First gig was theirs in RDS 2003. Big change came next year when sold ticket cos of Slipknot and found grunge that afternoon, much to my delight. Kept listening more and more, then prog entered my life and its awesome:D Will still listen to bands like I'm 12 (21-12:o) or 201.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

45 +
    36, problem with me is I'm totally out of the scene, ugghh hate that phrase, and am totally stuck in the 70's 80's...all the stuff I listened to as a youngster.

Most metal post early 90's just doesn't do it for me...even the big 80's bands I am a fan of.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

25-35 years
    21 here. Hardcore metaller during my teen years, mellowed a lot over the last 2 or 3 years with my musical tastes growing a lot more eclectic in that time, though I still listen to a lot of metal and play guitar in a black/death metal band.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

35-45 years
    turty tew.

but the I.D. issue.. double takes from the doormen ''wha?!''

flahavans porridge i tell em. "huh?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

25-35 years
    Still on the good side of 25, so i ticked 18-25.

But I'm grateful for my older cousin who taught me that old metal is best metal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

25-35 years
    23 :D
    24 in august

Advertisement