Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster and mytimerewards

Options
  • 16-06-2010 2:46pm

I just found out that a company called mytimerewards has been taking 20 pounds a month out of my credit card. Also, after searching the web. I find out that they are affiliated with Ticketmaster.I never agreed for third party access to my credit card details. Really disappointed on this one.

I contacted the credit card team at BOI and they said they could not stop the payments as it was a subscription. I have sent the company an email as well. What are my next steps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Once you have sent the email to the company, print out a copy and send it with a letter to BOI credit card services, stating that you have cancelled the subscription and that you are instructing them not to honour any more payments to that company. You have to include the copy of the email so that they know you have advised the company that you are cancelling. Whether or not the company reply is beside the point. Send the letter by registered post, and follow up with a phone call a few days later to make sure they get it.

Advertisement