Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xa 1526

Options
  • 16-06-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone can help me.

trying to get a laptop going that i suspect is suffering from graphic card failure.

basically when i turn it on i can hear the fan and rest of pc start up but nothing on the screen. i've tried to connect it to an external monitor but no dice.

a friend of mine whos is far better at computers than me "Reflowed" the GPU ?!?!

and it worked for like 2 weeks but same thing is happening again.

as far as i know the graphics card is part of the motherboard but my friend mentioned it could be got but that it would not be readily available. unfortunately he has gone on holiday and will not be back till next week.

so does anyone have any other suggestions or indeed know where i could lay my hands on such a graphics card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Appears to be a separate GFX card rather than an MB mounted one.

Reflow appears to be the baking method. If he did it and it worked for a short time you could re-do it but you'll likely get less time again.

Does it run very hot?

Also, replacing a discrete GPU isnt gonna be cheap.

Advertisement