Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

The way DC Universe Online Downloads is really annoying as you cant even play other games offline or watch a DVD while its downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

yeah I totally agree, I left it running last night and checked it this morning and had a disconnection error on the screen so I dunno ho much it actually got or if i'll be able to resume the DL :confused:

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Qs wrote: »
    The way DC Universe Online Downloads is really annoying as you cant even play other games offline or watch a DVD while its downloading.

you can't even go to the xmb or the download will stall but i was getting good speeds when it was on.

Are PVP and PVE septate servers and what is everyone doing for that be nice to have a Boards Justus league for just us boards members.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Been downloading for 1:47 now and still only about a quarter of the way through. Yikes.

Started PVP server with a hero,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

God damn, DC Universe has got its hooks into me already. It's damn good.

Got griefed by a villain twice my level, then lead him into a large group of heroes and good npcs HA.

Come on lads be a man join the pvp server 2, the is no death penalty and no looting player bodies just getting xp and kills so come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

PvP Villain here if anyone else is in the same boat, give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Gna download the updates tonight and get started. Really looking forward to it. Whats the creation tool like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

So is Playstation plus worth it?

Ive been thinking of signing up but im still not sure....

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Best thing I've bought so far for my PS3 was playstation plus

SOLD!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Looks good going by the bits I've seen my mates play. Got an email today with a code, and as much as it pains me, with exams and projects due in the next two/three months, I won't have anytime to play it

so the code is going on offer to the first person to PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

Downloaded the beta last night and have played it a good bit since then. Have tried messing around with a few different characters (good/evil/different powers etc) and am now a level 12. I'm really getting into it and think it could be a great game assuming ALOT of work will take place on it before its release.

My problem with this game is the €15 monthly subscription fee you'd have to pay ontop of the base cost of the game. It just seems insane to me to pay €180 a year to play a single video game , no matter how good it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

RedXIV wrote: »
    Best thing I've bought so far for my PS3 was playstation plus

Must be fun getting 5 Euro off certain games, and some simple freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    It's easy to be sarcastic but at least get your facts right. I wouldn't call the Killzone 3 Beta, DC Universe Online Beta, the complete Fallout 3 DLC and the complete Season 5 of Sam and Max 'simple freebies'. If you're going to troll try to put the effort in next time.

Bought plus after, 50 for 15 months, pretty good...

Thank god DC Universe can resume its download... (on a crappy 1mb eircom line for the moment so its real slow... )

GothPunk wrote: »
    It's easy to be sarcastic but at least get your facts right. I wouldn't call the Killzone 3 Beta, DC Universe Online Beta, the complete Fallout 3 DLC and the complete Season 5 of Sam and Max 'simple freebies'. If you're going to troll try to put the effort in next time.

I don't do beta. Mobile broadband hasn't the bandwidth to waste on demos like that. I'd rather just buy the game in full and find out as I go along instead of spoiling it with betas.

I don't do beta.

Betas are necessary to find bugs and to help tweak gameplay to get it balanced. Fair enough not everyone is bothered with them but the more that use them the better..
    Mobile broadband hasn't the bandwidth to waste on demos like that.

If you had proper broadband would you bother with demos/betas??
    Its not a waste id prefer to use up 10gb of bandwidth than spend €50 on a game I wasnt going to like...

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    Betas are necessary to find bugs and to help tweak gameplay to get it balanced. Fair enough not everyone is bothered with them but the more that use them the better..

If you had proper broadband would you bother with demos/betas??
    Its not a waste id prefer to use up 10gb of bandwidth than spend €50 on a game I wasnt going to like...

Just read reviews, watch videos and then you'll know if the game is worth buying.
    I'd rather keep my bandwidth to keep in touch with people, play PS3 online or whatever else rather than use it all on a game like DC Universe which is for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Gonna get this off the parents for Christmas. Was himmin' and hawin' about getting it and I needed some suggestions, so I thought, Why not?

Got a couple of questions bout it though. Where's the best place to buy it? As in, is there a voucher that can be bought in store to get me subscribed up to playstation plus? Or does it have to be through the PSN store? Cheapest option if so?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No trolling. How people spend their money is their business.

Just read reviews, watch videos and then you'll know if the game is worth buying.
    I'd rather keep my bandwidth to keep in touch with people, play PS3 online or whatever else rather than use it all on a game like DC Universe which is for kids.

Betas are infinitely better than reviews or watching videos of gameplay.
    You get involved in making the game better for release.

A lot of people don't have bandwidth restrictions and can keep in touch, play online and can download 15GB betas.

What's wrong with playing a game aimed at kids?
    I'm playing the Sly Trilogy at the moment, which is rated PG. Great fun. :D
    I am just a big kid though. :p

Gonna get this off the parents for Christmas. Was himmin' and hawin' about getting it and I needed some suggestions, so I thought, Why not?

Got a couple of questions bout it though. Where's the best place to buy it? As in, is there a voucher that can be bought in store to get me subscribed up to playstation plus? Or does it have to be through the PSN store? Cheapest option if so?

You can only buy this from the PS store.
    You can pay by credit card, or you can buy a voucher in GAME/HMV etc.
    Off the top of my head it's E50*. (Might be E55). If it's E55, you will need to buy 2 vouchers, one for E50 and another for E20. (I think they are the only 2 denominations you can buy)*.

* = Open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

F1ngers wrote: »
    You can only buy this from the PS store.
    You can pay by credit card, or you can buy a voucher in GAME/HMV etc.
    Off the top of my head it's E50*. (Might be E55). If it's E55, you will need to buy 2 vouchers, one for E50 and another for E20. (I think they are the only 2 denominations you can buy)*.

* = Open to correction.
    Ah, so there is no, say, Playstation + Voucher card on sale in HMV etc. Just the regular PSN voucher cards. That's good to know. Might go and buy it now so I can take advantage of the December things. Dont really mind missing out on a half month tbh.

F1ngers wrote: »

I'm playing the Sly Trilogy at the moment, which is rated PG. Great fun. :D
    I am just a big kid though. :p

I'd wise people would stop relating a low age rating with audience maturity, played a lot of 3+ games that were immensely hard and not for kids.

DC online starts off with superman melting someone's face off and you can go around killing cops and preforming acts of terrorism as a villain, as far as rating goes it won't be PG.

Varik wrote: »
    I'd wise people would stop relating a low age rating with audience maturity, played a lot of 3+ games that were immensely hard and not for kids.

I didn't.
    I've no problem with playing "kids" games. I've played plenty of games aimed at 3+ and will continue if it is a game I want to play.

Varik wrote: »
    DC online starts off with superman melting someone's face off and you can go around killing cops and preforming acts of terrorism as a villain, as far as rating goes it won't be PG.

According to GAME.co.uk it has a 16 rating, which from your description, sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ah, so there is no, say, Playstation + Voucher card on sale in HMV etc. Just the regular PSN voucher cards. That's good to know. Might go and buy it now so I can take advantage of the December things. Dont really mind missing out on a half month tbh.

Harvey Norman sell €50 PSN credit for €40,so makes it very good value then IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Harvey Norman sell €50 PSN credit for €40,so makes it very good value then IMO

Thanks for that tip as I'm in the market for PSN store credit to buythe BF2-VP and a few other things over the holidays, so I'll pop into harvey normans and see if I can pick one up.

As for the PS+ discussion, I'd have to say that I find it to be good value and well worth the money. the one thing that it has done however is to put me off buying some items from the store just in case they are free to PS+ members a few months down the line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement