Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

BF3 downloaded not too shabby. 13GB in just over an hour. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

wcarey1975 wrote: »

F*ck you

:D

sheehy83 wrote: »
    F*ck you

Thanks, looking forward to playing it I'm one of the few not to have played it constantly checking for it in pre-owned but wouldnt pay over $25 for it so it worked out in the end..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

On my 100mb UPC broadband I'm being quoted 600 minutes.

Very annoying,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Never ever should have clicked "Download in background" at 91%. It had been flying along. Now 2 hours later, 93%. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just got a euro plus, about 100gig to DL. It might be done in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I "purchased" Unit 13 but it's still showing in the IGC screen as "Free" instead of "Purchased" but if I try to get it again it gives me an error. Anyone get this? It's in my download list anyway. Just that "Free" among the "Purchased"s is annoying me. :)

Aw man downloading payday all night. Doesn't help the laptop is fighting the ps3 for some of that glorious 3mbs. I miss UPC so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Aw man downloading payday all night. Doesn't help the laptop is fighting the ps3 for some of that glorious 3mbs. I miss UPC so much.

Payday downloaded in less than an hour. another hour in and 65% of the way through battlefield! I love UPC!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Would it also make a differance if every man and his dog is also downloading today too?

D/l'ed payday earlier - pretty good.
    Will be a tough plat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Oh great, so now I'm thinking about going to bed the Battlefield download suddenly starts speeding up. Reckon it'll be done in about an hour at this rate.

No..... Need sleep.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Oh great, so now I'm thinking about going to bed the Battlefield download suddenly starts speeding up. Reckon it'll be done in about an hour at this rate.

No..... Need sleep.

May as well stay up and install it too. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is there a huge update for battlefield once its installed? I have the disk and some of those patches broke my heart, downloading Back to Karkand twice was the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Halfway downloaded battlefield, but I am wondering why am I downloading it lol. I got it on pc with premium :). I guess hoarding hoarding. :D
    on the positive side I downloading both ps vita games. Vita will get dust off it and will see some action!

EGriff wrote: »
    Is there a huge update for battlefield once its installed? I have the disk and some of those patches broke my heart, downloading Back to Karkand twice was the worst.

There's a 2gb patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Unit 13, is great. I might trade my copy, seeing as how it's on Plus now.

So, Battlefield 3 is intense, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ill be on about 3 fora hour if anyone has Payday and wants to play online :)

That 3gb patch for Payday that can't be downloaded in the background is a kick in the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Any news on the PS+ sale that happening soon?

Rented Batman: Arkham Ass on the (ahem)box last week and loved it! Would LOVE it that was on special sometime soon.

I had to rip apart an old laptop I had to get a 120GB SSD to fit my PS3 so I can download BF3. I forgot I needed a 2.5" HDD and I only had 3.5" drives floating around so I popped into Amazon and ordered a 1TB HDD.

12GB on flash memory is utter c0ck! Though I cant complain

Is it much hassle transferring over data? or is it a case of using the USB stick and redownloading everything again?

p.s. Downloading BF3 at about 2MB/s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Any news on the PS+ sale that happening soon?

Rented Batman: Arkham Ass on the (ahem)box last week and loved it! Would LOVE it that was on special sometime soon.

I had to rip apart an old laptop I had to get a 120GB SSD to fit my PS3 so I can download BF3. I forgot I needed a 2.5" HDD and I only had 3.5" drives floating around so I popped into Amazon and ordered a 1TB HDD.

12GB on flash memory is utter c0ck! Though I cant complain

Is it much hassle transferring over data? or is it a case of using the USB stick and redownloading everything again?

p.s. Downloading BF3 at about 2MB/s :D

HDD is tied to individual PS3. You cannot interchange them and keep the data. If you swap HDD's into a different PS3, it WILL require a format.

You can transfer data if you have two PS3's and ethernet them together.

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    HDD is tied to individual PS3. You cannot interchange them and keep the data. If you swap HDD's into a different PS3, it WILL require a format.

You can transfer data if you have two PS3's and ethernet them together.

Sound pal, Im still getting used to how the PS3 goes about its business.

I think I'll just have to redownload BF3 when I get my new HDD.

Regret not getting the HDD earlier tbh. On well, you live and you learn...........eventually :)

Played some ninjas gaiden on ps vita. That game is really fun. Combat feels very good and fluid. Looks graphically very impressive too.
    Thanks to ps+ I got a chance to try out this franchise!

I just encountered my first few PSN+ squadmates in BF3. One guy kept running in the total opposite direction, back to our spawn point even though we had 2 bases captured. God bless em.

EGriff wrote: »
    I just encountered my first few PSN+ squadmates in BF3. One guy kept running in the total opposite direction, back to our spawn point even though we had 2 bases captured. God bless em.

Sounds like something I would do :)

Sounds like something I would do :)

Good man Sir Robin :D

Downloaded BF3 today and planned to get a few hours in tonight while herself was at BellX1 in the Marquee, installed it and got hit with a 2GB update

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god how bad BF3 looks on ps3... :( I am waaaaaaay too much spoiled by PC. Ps3 controller is not the best thing for fps too.

Ah well, there are plenty of other stuff to play! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Oh god how bad BF3 looks on ps3... :( I am waaaaaaay too much spoiled by PC. Ps3 controller is not the best thing for fps too.

Ah well, there are plenty of other stuff to play! :p

sad to find out there's not a full 64 number of players per server like on pc

A quick Google would have shown ye all that, and ye wouldn't have had to download about 15 Gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tried playing payday the heist, it is not a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Downloaded battlefield 3, is it worth buying the multi player maps ? I'm going to be playing this till September and till the arrival of Diablo and gta... most people on battlefield 3 seem to be playing the newer maps

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement