Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Downloaded battlefield 3, is it worth buying the multi player maps ? I'm going to be playing this till September and till the arrival of Diablo and gta... most people on battlefield 3 seem to be playing the newer maps

Just configure the filter to only select maps for "BF3". I think you'll get a few weeks out of the original set of maps. There should be a lot of new PS+ players filling these up so you wont be alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Downloaded battlefield 3, is it worth buying the multi player maps ? I'm going to be playing this till September and till the arrival of Diablo and gta... most people on battlefield 3 seem to be playing the newer maps

I got the premium pack on xbox and have all the DLC but I would say that if you were going to buy any of the DLC I'd just stick to the last 2, Aftermath and Endgame, and possibly Close quarters if you like a more compact game but definitely Aftermath and Endgame.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ShaneU wrote: »
    Tried playing payday the heist, it is not a good game.

Was playing it solo for a while and found it quite good, then played with jaxdasher and klair88 for a while last night - it is much better playing co-op.
    Definitely will play it more - you won't get far going gung-ho in this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Would not bother with the new maps if I where you unless they have a sale on them as Battlefield 4 will be out later this year.

Have BF3 since the day it came out and have not bought any of the dlc for it , there is enough in the stock maps to keep you going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

There's some great maps with the back to karkand pack, I'm not sure if that's still free like it was if you bought the disk when it first came out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

ShaneU wrote: »
    Tried playing payday the heist, it is not a good game.
    Its great craic on PC but you do need three other mates to play it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

EGriff wrote: »
    A quick Google would have shown ye all that, and ye wouldn't have had to download about 15 Gigs.

I wanted to see it in action myself, plus show it to my buddy. I got a chance to play PC on 42inch TV, so I can give a perfect comparison of PC vs Console to him of BF3.
    15gb is not that much to download, plus I might pop in now and then if boardsies will do a ps+ night out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Just configure the filter to only select maps for "BF3". I think you'll get a few weeks out of the original set of maps. There should be a lot of new PS+ players filling these up so you wont be alone.

Thanks, ill stick to the orginal maps, i want to hammer the multiplayer till 4 comes out, so by then ill be well up to speed

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Thanks, ill stick to the orginal maps, i want to hammer the multiplayer till 4 comes out, so by then ill be well up to speed

Original maps is where its at anyways IMO.

Back to karkand was awesome!! But all the rest are meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Klair88 wrote: »
    Original maps is where its at anyways IMO.

Back to karkand was awesome!! But all the rest are meh!

Second that. The originals, back to karkand are the best ones. I could add aftermath to it. The rest of expansions are meh. At least close quarters give you 10 weapons, so worth for that alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Is I am alive any use? I heard people talking about it before it came out but not much after so was wondering is it any use. Keep in mind I have the last of us already which seems a pretty similar game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Is I am alive any use? I heard people talking about it before it came out but not much after so was wondering is it any use. Keep in mind I have the last of us already which seems a pretty similar game.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey guys will be going on Battlefield in a while if anyone is up for a few games, brianregan09 is my add, I'm brutal lol so i need some of you guys help

Reganio 2 wrote: »

It's not bad, but not great by any means. The last of us is in a different league altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Anyone tried Saints Row? It's pretty good albeit totally over the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

theUbiq wrote: »
    Anyone tried Saints Row? It's pretty good albeit totally over the top.

Its pretty good. Graphics are pure ****e but once you get the VTOL and airstrike laptop its great fun messing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah im sickened my girlfriend got it for me at Christmas now lol i've played thorugh it and traded in since oh well i suppose ill have another go

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

Playing sr3 at the moment I'm having great Craic forgot how fun the saints games are compared to gta not that I'm comparing. Would disagree that graphics are rubbish unless there's a better sand box game your comparing to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I dont see any problem with the graphics in Saints Row. Unless people mean realism. Its supposed to look cartoony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Been Playing Saints Row 3 it is just so much fun to play as the over the topness is whats fun about it

Going to a
    bdsm club and have a shot out on carts pulled by gimps was the biggest WTF moment i have ever had in a video game in my life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

What I hated in SR3 was those super enemies that come along once you've killed enough of the normal guys, not because it was unrealistic but they were just annoying and took to long to kill. SR2 was way better IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

EGriff wrote: »
    What I hated in SR3 was those super enemies that come along once you've killed enough of the normal guys, not because it was unrealistic but they were just annoying and took to long to kill. SR2 was way better IMO.

lol you found those brutes unrealistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

jaxdasher wrote: »
    lol you found those brutes unrealistic?

He said "not because it was unrealistic but they were just annoying"

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Just had my first round of battlefield 3 and got destroyed...

Anyone else just starting out, add me - boboliam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Is spec ops confirmed for next month or is it just a rumour??

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Scylla wrote: »

most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Played a game of payday a while ago. Even tho it was with stupid ai, so I could see how the game plays, it was a mad rush. Could see it being a great laugh online with a good team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Keith wrote: »
    jaxdasher wrote: »
    most likely

So yeah. It's a rumour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

RangeR wrote: »
    I don't want to go too OT on this but lets do a VERY quick test. Please do the following when PC/Laptop is wired and wireless.

1. Start -> Run
    2. Type CMD and click OK
    3. In the black box that opens [The command prompt "DOS box"] type "ping -n 100 www.boards.ie" without the quotes
    4. Post back here or PM me with the final four or so lines of each output. They will look similar to

Again, do this for wired and wireless connection, so you will be giving me two results.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to get to do this yet but I will do it tonight and post back here. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Damn you colossus and your hairy ankles !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement