Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

There's PS2 sale on the Playstation Store starting today with an additional 10% off for Plus subscribers:
    • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (Not available in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Poland, Sweden), Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (Not available in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Poland, Sweden), Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • Cel Damage, Was €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35, now €2.49/£1.99/AU$3.65, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • God Hand, Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • Maximo, Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • Maximo vs Army of Zin, Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • Okami HD, Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • Metal Gear Solid 2 HD - Sons of Liberty, Was €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95, now €7.99/£6.49/AU$11.75, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • Metal Gear Solid 3 HD - Snake Eater, Was €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95, now €7.99/£6.49/AU$11.75, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • Zone of the Enders HD, Was €29.99/£19.99/AU$39.95, now €14.99/£10.99/AU$17.95, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • Neo Contra, Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • Deus Ex, Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • Twisted Metal Black, Was €7.99/€6.49/AU$11.75, now €3.99/£3.19/AU$5.85, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers
    • Shinobi, Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35, Additional 10% for Plus subscribers

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/418441/ps2-game-sale-starts-today-on-eu-ps-store/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Zone of the Enders HD for 13.50 will do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way of upgrading to PS Plus by buying a €50 PSN card but paying a lower price than that, e.g. in a bricks and mortar shop?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way of upgrading to PS Plus by buying a €50 PSN card but paying a lower price than that, e.g. in a bricks and mortar shop?

There was a time you could get PS+ cards for E35 - same as when you could get it for E35 on the store.

If you want to wait, it may happen again - but since they stack, buy it now for E50 and when you see it cheap, buy it then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The way I justify it is that it works out at .97c per week. And look at what you get for that. Nothing comes close imo. Netflix for a year costs more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Id say therell be some great deals on ps+ cards around the PS4 launch. Im not expecting anything great from it for the first 9 months on the PS4 tbh, just some free indie titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Keith wrote: »
    Id say therell be some great deals on ps+ cards around the PS4 launch. Im not expecting anything great from it for the first 9 months on the PS4 tbh, just some free indie titles.

There will be PS+ versions of full retail games for free like Drive Club with the option to upgrade to the full game. PlanetSide 2 will be free too. Yeah it won't be as good as what we have now, sure but not as bad as some think it will be.

There will be PS+ versions of full retail games for free like Drive Club with the option to upgrade to the full game. PlanetSide 2 will be free too. Yeah it won't be as good as what we have now, sure but not as bad as some think it will be.

Yeah its great theyre giving away (most) of a launch title away but any 3rd party studio would be mad to put their game on plus within the first year.

No doubt we'll see Knack and Killzone on it in 2015.

Thanks guys, that's grand I'll just buy the €50 card, was just hoping for a little discount but it's still amazing value anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

:O

Entering PS Plus in July/August:
    31st July: Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    31st July: Mafia 2
    31st July: Spec Ops: The Line

31st July: Lego Lord of the Rings
    31st July: When Vikings Attack!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow, once again, Sony kill it. It was a tough month competing with Assassins Creed 2 from Xbox but I think Sony just about nudged it this time!

I never played Spec Ops but was mad to and Mafia 2 is brilliant! I never cleared Most Wanted before trading so will definitely play that again!

EDIT: Shredded got in before me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Worth it for Spec Ops alone. Mafia 2 and Most Wanted are just the bonuses in my opinion.

Thats an amazing month of games there, cant waitto play Spec Ops and NFS. The other nfs Criterion did, Hot pursuit, was tons of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Strange how that leak was only partially right with DmC not going free.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Awww I was excited for DmC but then again I've been dieing to play Mafia 2 again.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Awww I was excited for DmC but then again I've been dieing to play Mafia 2 again.

Yeah, I have the DLC for Mafia 2 but can't remember if I finished it, would mind going back getting some trophies at least!

Edit: Just checked my trophies on the Playstation website and it shows I only have one level done from Joe's Adventure, class! Although I haven't even finished downloading Battlefield 3 yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Looks good, I've got Mafia 2 on the PC but never finished it so I don't mind restarting it. NFS, I played the demo and seemed all right. No idea about the other games.

So I finished XCom and went to download the Hitman game, but the price was €59.99. I guess that must mean I forgot to purhcase it when it was in PS+? Or is there a way to activate old Ps+ games? Is there a way to see what PS+ games I've 'purchased', other than the download list in the store?

New to the PlayStation Plus here, please excuse my questions. :) Regarding free games exiting PS+ at the end of the month, if I "buy" them now but not download them, will I be able to avail of them later, after I free up disc space etc in a few weeks? Wanted to try Catherine and Unit 13 but I think the blog says they leave the free games collection on July 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

New to the PlayStation Plus here, please excuse my questions. :) Regarding free games exiting PS+ at the end of the month, if I "buy" them now but not download them, will I be able to avail of them later, after I free up disc space etc in a few weeks? Wanted to try Catherine and Unit 13 but I think the blog says they leave the free games collection on July 31.
    Yep. They stay in your download list so theyre available whenever you have space

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Some more great games.

Each month PS+ seems more and more like constipation:

They add games quicker than I can finish them...

• Advertisement

Reading up on Spec Ops: The Line, sounds really good. Will be the first game I download when available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm thankful that I had the foresight to purchase and finish Spec Ops long before this. Just one more game that I don't have to add to my ever growing backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Just want to cry . Ps4 will be obselete by the time I clear my ps3 + backlog .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

osheen wrote: »
    Just want to cry . Ps4 will be obselete by the time I clear my ps3 + backlog .

PS4? I'm not seeing a clearance before PS6 at this rate......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

whiterebel wrote: »
    PS4? I'm not seeing a clearance before PS6 at this rate......:(

I'm working on human cloning but that is also taking time away from playing my backlog...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    I'm working on human cloning but that is also taking time away from playing my backlog...

Maybe you should clone someone that is good at games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

eddhorse wrote: »
    Maybe you should clone someone that is good at games?

Trying to be semi-realistic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

we have assassins creed 2

SUCK IT!!!!

why oh why did i leave ps :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    we have assassins creed 2

Gotta be at least a year since we got AC2 on Plus at this stage? Go team playstation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The worst thing about the PS+ backlog for me is that it causes me to completely neglect the huge backlog of other games that I already had. I started playing Ballad of Gay Tony for the first time a couple of days ago - two years after buying it, I got given Birds of Steel last year which I really like the look of but haven't had the time to try, I bought Far Cry 3 at Christmas and its still in the wrapping, I'm playing through Uncharted for the first time (I KNOW!!!) and have the other two games of that series lined up, Resistance 2, Resistance 3, Tiger Woods, Pro Evo and that's the 10% of my backlog that I can remember off of the top of my head.

Obviously it's a ridiculous first world problem but it's still a problem, dammit!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement