Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder why after adding everything to my download queue, when I go back in most games are showing purchased yet Need For Speed is showing as "Unavailable"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Had a go at NCA2K13 this morning. I sucked. I couldn't find a tutorial so had no idea how to defend (sorry - how to 'play defense').

Very realistic looking and sounding game though. The commentary seemed so natural and actually related to what was going on unlike so many other sports games.

Defense is very hard to get to grips with. It's great to try and steal the ball but that leads to fouls too often. The best defense is to just stay between your man and your basket. Keep in his face once he is inside the 3pt arc. When he tries to shoot, even if you don't jump with him, being in his face will give him less of a chance of making the shot and is seen as good defense. Also, when he has stopped dribbling, use the right stick (if I remember correctly) to wave your hands around to put him off more and possibly intercept a pass or block a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

nba 2k13 is showing up as full price now :(

I started it downloading out of curiosity last night.
    Can someone who has it downloaded check the expiry date to make sure it's the PS Plus expiry date and Sony didn't change it?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I started it downloading out of curiosity last night.
    Can someone who has it downloaded check the expiry date to make sure it's the PS Plus expiry date and Sony didn't change it?

Its the regular expiry date for me. And its not back to full price on my pan store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Its the regular expiry date for me. And its not back to full price on my pan store.

Is that on your irish PSN?
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/nba-2k13/cid=EP1001-NPEB01200_00-NBA2K13DIGITAL00

39.99 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen1990

I'm so glad i upgraded my hdd last week :)

Through that link it shows the price with option to purchase but if I search for it on the site it says I've purchased it

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

phill106 wrote: »

My psn store(console) is Irish and it is showing as purchased. it's on my download list too. But now I've checked that link you sent me and it's full price there. Hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

I added it to my download list along with the months other games at around 10 o'clock so they must have just fixed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Defense is very hard to get to grips with. It's great to try and steal the ball but that leads to fouls too often. The best defense is to just stay between your man and your basket. Keep in his face once he is inside the 3pt arc. When he tries to shoot, even if you don't jump with him, being in his face will give him less of a chance of making the shot and is seen as good defense. Also, when he has stopped dribbling, use the right stick (if I remember correctly) to wave your hands around to put him off more and possibly intercept a pass or block a shot.

It's just an incredibly complex game. Before I played it the last basketball game I'd played was one of the NBA Live games on PS2 and the amount of extra depth in 2K13 is just staggering.

To master the controls you'd want to invest a serious amount of time.
    There's even a specific set of controls for when you're in the post.
    Here's a list of some of the advanced controls and there are loads of youtube videos on the various controls.

http://nba2k4life.com/2012/09/25/nba-2k13-advanced-controls/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

sheehy83 wrote: »
    5MB? Lucky you, I've only 2Mb :p

Last I checked, NFS will take another 380 minutes. Anyone know if there's a patch required once I get the thing installed?

Last I checked, NFS will take another 380 minutes. Anyone know if there's a patch required once I get the thing installed?

Yeah, of that 5 mb's, I might get 600kbs actual download speed. Puts the UPC 30/50mb complainers to shame :D

As for NBA 2K13, don't bother learning post moves unless you have a PF or Centre position in My Player. It's a brilliant but very stressful game. My Player is the best career mode I played in any sports game but the new VC currency makes it hard to improve your player. Actually just remembered the reason i stopped playing it before was I chose to play 'offline' and lost my VC Coins and turned out I couldn't get them back. Can't remember the details but at the time, It made it really hard to up my stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Had a go at NCA2K13 this morning. I sucked. I couldn't find a tutorial so had no idea how to defend (sorry - how to 'play defense').

Very realistic looking and sounding game though. The commentary seemed so natural and actually related to what was going on unlike so many other sports games.
    There is a tutorial, I think I pressed start at the main menu and another menu popped up.

ShaneU wrote: »
    There is a tutorial, I think I pressed start at the main menu and another menu popped up.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Like Shane said, look for the main menu and there is a long tutorial of all the controls, must do for beginners.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

Hey need friends for need for speed seems like a better game with people to fill out your leaderboards,I also play all ps+ games
    add me Average_Runner or reply with your tag and I will add you. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yes, another 2GB for you to download :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have Need For speed Downloaded played it at the start of the year on the Vita and loved it wonder what it will be like on the console now.

Also Got NBA2k13 how i love sony mistakes LoL Have that downloading at the moment and hope to be playing it tonight is there any patches for it ?

But one thing you never get sick about on the PS3 is the patches LoL there is always one to be downloaded when you 1st play a game it never fails LoL

Another thing to love about PSN+ is that it downloads all the patches for what ever games you have played when you have the PS3 set to turn on and download updates

PSN+ has been the best money i have ever spent on games in my life about 2 or 3 games a mouth i will play for less then 4 euros a mouth. Cant wait to have it on the PS4 as well !!!!

Another thing to love about PSN+ is that it downloads all the patches for what ever games you have played when you have the PS3 set to turn on and download updates

This part kind of annoys me. As you say it downloads for any games you've played. So even if it's a game you don't plan on going back to, it still downloads the updates. I just turned off all game updates and will just download them as I play the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Spec Ops is loads of fun, the start is as generic as they come but once the story gets going its very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

If I started the NBA download last night will it complete today even if Sony up the price again?

If I started the NBA download last night will it complete today even if Sony up the price again?

It should do because you already 'purchased' it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

When Vikings Attack is a great little game. I reckon it will be a good laugh to play when drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yes, another 2GB for you to download :p
    Fantastic. Can't beat a big patch, only 180 minutes to go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Yeah i "purchased last night and downloaded today no probs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Spec ops is great, seems like your standard 3rd person shooter at the start but it sucks you in with it's atmosphere and environments.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

We get NBA 2K13 for free too! Just search for it in the store and it shows up as free with PS Plus.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/nba-2k13/cid=EP1001-NPEB01200_00-NBA2K13DIGITAL00

You better delete the post before rangerr sees it robbing from sony its a discrace :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

****ing missed it gutted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Quick question folks. Since I subscribed to PS+, it seems to always download a few games automatically and they sit there waiting to be installed, even though I don't want them.

If I try to install them it gives me an error and the file size seems to small to be the full game. I always delete them but they reappear :confused:

The games are

Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet 2 (both of which I have on disc) and Gran Turismo 5

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

keith16 wrote: »
    Quick question folks. Since I subscribed to PS+, it seems to always download a few games automatically and they sit there waiting to be installed, even though I don't want them.

If I try to install them it gives me an error and the file size seems to small to be the full game. I always delete them but they reappear :confused:

The games are

Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet 2 (both of which I have on disc) and Gran Turismo 5

Any ideas?

Those may be patches rather than the full games, PS+ will download updates but it does not always install them itself.

Do they reappear right after or the next day, are they really deleted and the re-download.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement