Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

keith16 wrote: »
    Quick question folks. Since I subscribed to PS+, it seems to always download a few games automatically and they sit there waiting to be installed, even though I don't want them.

If I try to install them it gives me an error and the file size seems to small to be the full game. I always delete them but they reappear :confused:

The games are

Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet 2 (both of which I have on disc) and Gran Turismo 5

Any ideas?

Grand Turismo 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Snowc wrote: »
    You better delete the post before rangerr sees it robbing from sony its a discrace :p

If you want to make fun of me, at least get my foopin name right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Just ordered a 1TB drive for my ps3. Just too many ps+ games!

Anyone got a good guide/tips for things to do for backing up Info etc. to make it as painless as possible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This Mafia II game is cool. Stupid stamp delivery mission, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Grayditch wrote: »
    This Mafia II game is cool. Stupid stamp delivery mission, though.

loving it so far.. I am on chapter 11,, there is only 15 chapters, so game is very short.. great story, having no side missions keeps the story nice and tight...

• Advertisement

Highly recommend the Jimmy Dlc's. More mission more open world feel. Get it while it's discounted!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Uncharted 3 is just epic. Very fun game

I don't mind it being short if it maintains this quality for the duration, though. So many sandbox games are bloated with useless missions, not related to the story.

So Mafia 2, spec ops and NBA are 2k games. We might get DmC next month. So with my shallow theory. More capcom game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Beekay wrote: »
    Just ordered a 1TB drive for my ps3. Just too many ps+ games!

Anyone got a good guide/tips for things to do for backing up Info etc. to make it as painless as possible ?

I did this about a 2 months ago.

Backing up is a pain in the ass and slow. You cannot select the games you want to back up and have to do the lot.

I did not have enough space on my backup drive so winged it. You will only loose the patches for any game you are playing/have played and of course any data from games installed to the drive. That includes any PS+ games you have already downloaded. Battlefield for example was a huge patch.

Make sure you have PS+ on current drive. Go through your save files and back them up online. It did not sync all mine from before I got PS+. Check and press triangle. I am pretty sure you can batch sync. Sync your trophies.

Remove drive and replace with new 1Tb.

Allow it to install firmware.

Log in to PSN (assuming you know your password and email address associated)

Re-download any PS+ games you really want.

Done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is it jimmy or joes adventure that lets you see the mafia storyline from a different perspective? I think its joes, if it is, thats the best dlc to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Tried Lotr game on vita and got so disappointed. :( It is horrible choped down version... Was looking forward on playing it in my bed, but looks like I will have to download it from steam and play 1080p on my TV.
    Gave Most wanted a go today too. Cant get used to controls, feels so spungy and lose. Migh give it a go later, but I am happy now, that I did not spent money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Gave Most wanted a go today too. Cant get used to controls, feels so spungy and lose. Migh give it a go later, but I am happy now, that I did not spent money on it.
    I'm about 5 hours in and I think I'm more used to the controls now. I had problems with Hot Pursuit in the beginning too. The events seem a little unstructured and confusing, and I'm jumping from good cars to average cars instead of progressing to better and better ones.

With Criterion I find I'm chasing that Burnout Paradise dragon. Hopefully the multiplayer will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Tried Lotr game on vita and got so disappointed. :( It is horrible choped down version... Was looking forward on playing it in my bed, but looks like I will have to download it from steam and play 1080p on my TV.

I'm actually getting a good bit of fun out of the LEGO LotR games. It is disappointing to see that it is just a port of the 3DS version. There are times when the game looks beyond rough, especially in cut-scenes. The console is capable of so much more it is a shame that they felt the need to cut back on it whether due to time/budget/laziness.

The game itself is fun though. Mainly based on the fact it allows you to experience the movies all over again. I really feel the need to go and re-watch the trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is nba2k13 game gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Is nba2k13 game gone now?

Think it was a mistake and they pulled it pretty quick when they realised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

cadete wrote: »
    Think it was a mistake and they pulled it pretty quick when they realised

I missed the boat so, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Spec Ops The Line can be tricky enough in parts. There's times where it seems you can't get a shot off at all without taking close to maximum damage as soon as you peek from cover. Then you have to wait to regenerate your health to try and get another shot off. A little frustrating when there's a heavy on the loose :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I just grabbed Mafia II....just for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Spec Ops The Line can be tricky enough in parts. There's times where it seems you can't get a shot off at all without taking close to maximum damage as soon as you peek from cover. Then you have to wait to regenerate your health to try and get another shot off. A little frustrating when there's a heavy on the loose :mad:

Just tell the AI to do some of the heavy lifting for you. I find it quite an easy game and the fact it does not have unlimited enemies like CoD means you don't have to rush checkpoints so you can get some nice cover and take your time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just tell the AI to do some of the heavy lifting for you. I find it quite an easy game and the fact it does not have unlimited enemies like CoD means you don't have to rush checkpoints so you can get some nice cover and take your time.
    I'm at the part where
    You are searching for Lugo, I've only the other lad with me and he's not helping out much, only getting killed and making it harder :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

am liking Mafia II so far....find myself humming the 40s and 50s music though

Just finished Mafia II there. Great game. I might even grab some DLC for it. And I gotta look for the rest of those... eh, collectables.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I just grabbed Mafia II....just for the craic.

Fun game. Bit easy though even on the hard level I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

lertsnim wrote: »
    Fun game. Bit easy though even on the hard level I thought.

Yup. Platinumed Uncarted3 around Friday and played Mafia II over the weekend. About half way through on hard. Man, the pace and difficulty, compared to UC3 on Crushing, is just uncomparably easy.

After rage quitting the NBA 2K series for around the 5th time. Such an addictive but extremely frustrating game. I'm a PG but constantly being played as SG where the PG completely ignores me (I have plays turned off) and it's just me running up and down the court. Then it is painfully slow building up VC to upgrade my stats mean I'm still a crap rookie.

Really really hope they do something to make My Career more fun in NBA 2K14.

Now...onto Battlefield 3! Watching Battlefield Friends videos and actually learning what not to do as a noob.

Anyone up for a new squad member, add me.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    After rage quitting the NBA 2K series for around the 5th time. Such an addictive but extremely frustrating game. I'm a PG but constantly being played as SG where the PG completely ignores me (I have plays turned off) and it's just me running up and down the court. Then it is painfully slow building up VC to upgrade my stats mean I'm still a crap rookie.

Really really hope they do something to make My Career more fun in NBA 2K14.

Oh man mycareer is very frustrating made my 3rd character now it's getting better. Just play it safe through your rookie stage and play smart. Highest team rate I got was C+ but we are winning alot. Keep at it. I'm getting the hang of it now.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Oh man mycareer is very frustrating made my 3rd character now it's getting better. Just play it safe through your rookie stage and play smart. Highest team rate I got was C+ but we are winning alot. Keep at it. I'm getting the hang of it now.

I am getting constant B ratings and winning most games, being as patient as I can be but it's just not fun having your teammates ignore you. Then, with the Dimer skill, I always look for assists but my 7 foot centre can't make a layup right under the basket after I give it to him. I slated my team, resuested a trade and finally moved to Raptors but same stick there, I have the most minutes on the floor as SG but would swap half of them just to play as PG.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Same here. Was going to buy it, thank god I didn't. That and Mortal Kombat.

Some cheek with the DLC. You see a nice car at the side of the road, go to get in and it takes you to the playstation shop. Dont like the feel of the cars either. Thought with it being arcady type of driving that it would feel different.

• Advertisement

jaxdasher wrote: »

Out of interest, what is your latest characters position and playstyle (athletic, shooting, etc.)?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement