Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Downloading the DC online beta atm, if i quit the game half way through it, will it continue where it left off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Downloading the DC online beta atm, if i quit the game half way through it, will it continue where it left off?

Yes it will countinue from where you stopped it.

Tried harvey normans today for that €50 psn card but no joy on the €40 price:( .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

For anyone who is undecided about which server to play on DC, PVP is not bad as there is little negative about dying and the cities while they are a nice size with 1 upgrade to you movement power you can travel very fast whether using flight, super speed or acrobatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

So what do ye think of this months plus deals?

Free trail of BF 1943 :) good stuff...

havent tried any of the other games yet, only downloaded them last night... didnt bother with borderlands, have it on the xbox...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Korvanica wrote: »

???? This is a PS Plus Demo Exclusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Korvanica wrote: »
    So what do ye think of this months plus deals?

havent tried any of the other games yet, only downloaded them last night... didnt bother with borderlands, have it on the xbox...

what else is there?Anything worthwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Stacking is fee for subscribers this month, was going to buy it anyway:D

Killzone 3 demo is out Feb 9th

Here's the content for March

PSN: Sonic The Hedgehog
    Astro Tripper

minis: PixRev
    Enigmo mini
    *both brand new minis and 2 weeks exclusive for Plus*

Exclusive Discounts: Fat Princess PS3 – 50% off
    Fat Princess PSP – 50% off
    Stardrone PS3 – Day 1 discount (date TBC)
    PlayTV Live Chat – 25% off – valid until 6th July 2011

Beta Trial: SOCOM Special Forces Beta – We will confirm all the details of this exciting
    Beta ASAP but keep an eye out for it in March!!

Dynamic themes: 2x exclusive dynamic themes (TBC)

Premium Avatars: Eye Pet Avatars

ShaneU wrote: »
    Stacking is fee for subscribers this month, was going to buy it anyway:D

I think it's only free to US PP. Not heard anything on EU PP about it.

EU Feb & March

US Feb & March

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

RangeR wrote: »
    I think it's only free to US PP. Not heard anything on EU PP about it.

EU Feb & March

US Feb & March

If you go down the comments on the EU blog about it, someone asks about Stacking and your man says that we will be getting it :)
    Posted on 2 February, 2011 at 12:17 pm by psychobudgie
    Is Stacking coming later this month? It’s listed as free content on the Official website for Feb.

Posted on 2 February, 2011 at 3:33 pm by James Thorpe
    Hi, yes, stacking is coming to Plus on the 9th of Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    If you go down the comments on the EU blog about it, someone asks about Stacking and your man says that we will be getting it :)

yeah that's fantastic news, looks like an amazing game, cant wait! A discount would of been good but FREE! :pac: :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Free Stacking is a nice perk. Can't afford Plus at the moment, but if there are more quality freebies I'd definitely begin considering it.

Free Stacking is a nice perk. Can't afford Plus at the moment, but if there are more quality freebies I'd definitely begin considering it.

Don't say free someone will post that penny arcade comic again.
    I have Plus but march does not seem that great and when was the last time any DLC was given, also i don't want any neogeo games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Varik wrote: »
    also i don't want any neogeo games.

:eek: Who doesn't want Neo Geo games :pac:

Killzone 3 single player demo and Stacking for free today.

I've already said it on the Stacking thread but will say it here as well in case people don't see it. Stacking is free for today only so if you want it, make sure to download it or you'll miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Killzone 3 single player demo and Stacking for free today.

I've already said it on the Stacking thread but will say it here as well in case people don't see it. Stacking is free for today only so if you want it, make sure to download it or you'll miss out.

That's actually not the case. The guy on the EU PS blog said it'll be free for Plus until March 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

When you are downloading stacking it says its free till the 3rd of March in the T&C's but id get it sooner rather than later anyway. No reason not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

When you are downloading stacking it says its free till the 3rd of March in the T&C's but id get it sooner rather than later anyway. No reason not to.

Got it last night, thanks for the heads up !
    PaddyBomb is raving about it....

Anyone get anything in their psn mailbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone get anything in their psn mailbox?
    nope. what you get? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Some free hamster mini game i read somewhere else

Some free hamster mini game i read somewhere else

Confirmed. I noticed the "Flying Hamster" game for free in PS+ section of the store this morning. Downloaded it but it's not my cup of tea. It's no R-Type :)

Actually, just confirmed in the blog.
    On the Plus section of the store from the 14th we have given you a free minis title ‘Flying Hamster‘ just as a little thank you for being members. This title is yours to download and keep forever (it will not expire with your membership).

genesis216.jpg

Sega is releasing its retro roster of genesis games for free to PlayStation Plus members for a limited time, starting with the March 1 release of Sonic the Hedgehog, which is free to Plus members through April 5. Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe 2, Comix Zone, and Altered Beast will all follow on the day the previous game is removed.

Those without Plus will have to wait for the opportunity to buy these Genesis games for $4.99 each: Sonic won't hit the normal PSN store until March 29, with the other games showing up around a month apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Are the EU Playstation plus users gonna be getting them too? No mention of it on the EU blog yet. Just the US one so far.

Are the EU Playstation plus users gonna be getting them too? No mention of it on the EU blog yet. Just the US one so far.

Not sure when the blog staff call it a night but it may be too late for a post now.

Socom 4 Beta and Sonic this month. Not too bad :)
    Here’s the list of content that is available to Plus members between March 2nd and April 6th.

PSN:
    Sonic The Hedgehog – brand new and exclusive to Plus for one month
    Astro Tripper

PS One:
    Guilty Gears
    We know from comments on here that some of you are not happy with receiving extra PSN titles instead of PS One Classics, so we will always try our best to include both.

minis:
    Pix’n Love Rush
    Enigmo
    *Both brand new minis and 2 weeks exclusive for Plus

SOCOM: Special Forces Beta – This exclusive Beta trial for all Plus members is coming soon so don’t miss the chance to play this great new, Move compatible game before anyone else.

Exclusive Discounts:
    Fat Princess PS3 – 50% off
    Fat Princess PSP – 50% off
    Cool Borders 2 – 50% off
    Stardrone PS3 – 50% Day 1 discount
    Premier Manager – 50% off
    PlayTV Live Chat – 25% off – valid until 6th July 2011

Dynamic themes:
    Exclusive Sega Mega Drive Classics Theme
    Exclusive InFAMOUS 2 Theme

Premium Avatars:
    Eye Pet Avatars
    Exclusive MotorStorm Apocalypse Avatars

Plus also has some amazing Prince of Persia content and offers over March and April so we wanted to let you know what they all are well in advance.
    Today – Get your hands on the awesome classic ‘Prince of Persia 2008′, now on PSN, as a Full Game Trial.

16th March – We wanted to make sure that you guys have the best deals available so we have managed to get you an impressive and exclusive bundle, saving you £11.99/€15. Get Prince of Persia Sands of Time/ Warrior Within/The Two Thrones in a Plus exclusive, three for the price of two bundle at £23.99/€29.99.

And that’s not all! Next month, as an extra PSN title, we have managed to get you Prince of Persia Classic at no extra cost.

Here is some of what you can expect to see from the 6th April – 4th May

PSN:
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 – New to PSN and 2 weeks exclusive to Plus (includes trophy support)
    Prince of Persia Classic

PS One:
    Creature 3: Raised in Space

minis:
    Dual Invaders
    Dynogems
    *brand new minis and 2 weeks exclusive for Plus

Exclusive Discounts:
    *These will be confirmed ASAP

Dynamic themes:
    Exclusive Abstract Art Theme
    Exclusive Growing Garden Theme

Apologies that April looks a little light at the minute, this will not be the case when the content launches on the 6th.

As always we have been basing the content on your requests and also trying to get you as much new stuff as possible. There is plenty more to come.

Get Prince of Persia Sands of Time/ Warrior Within/The Two Thrones in a Plus exclusive, three for the price of two bundle at £23.99/€29.99.

It's £12 on Amazon for the 3.

I want the Killzone Dlc at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The new Mini game this month, Pix n' Love Rush is a good game. I've had it on the iPhone for a good while now.

• Advertisement

PSN+ Automatic Downloads

I turned on the Automatic Download feature the other day. The one thing I do like is that it now automatically signs into my account when I turn on the PS3.

Is there a way to see what has been downloaded? Last night I came home and the PS3 was on, downloading something. I cancelled out of that but couldn't see anything that was partially downloaded and there was nothing on screen to say what was being downloaded.

Is there a way to find out?

There is an option to automatically sign into your account without Plus but plus need it on so when you turn automatic download on it also turn automatic sign in on.

when you start the ps3 for the first time after something has downloaded it will show what has been gotten, but if nothing has finished then there will be no record on the PS3.

With the exception of patches anything that plus tries to download will be on your download list in the store.

Do you have GT5 that had a patch that was set to downloaded a few days ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement