Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I want a rematch! I had the ball damnit. Good dribble skills. I usually just hit it and hope for the best.

My ai PG marking your ai Center was a joke haha and 2 of us looked like some fools in the white top and brown pants, need to bling myself up. Had just started a new My Player before that game. Only played the rookie showcase but got player of the game with an -A rating. Still only drafter 9th though.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

sheehy83 wrote: »
    My ai PG marking your ai Center was a joke haha and 2 of us looked like some fools in the white top and brown pants, need to bling myself up. Had just started a new My Player before that game. Only played the rookie showcase but got player of the game with an -A rating. Still only drafter 9th though.

Oh come on. I can't even get a bloody B rating. I was like 27th in the draft. Finally had enought VC for the "finisher" skill. Lost to the Heat there because of my lousy shots. Seriously its like the net has a repelling
    magnet whenever I play match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Oh come on. I can't even get a bloody B rating. I was like 27th in the draft. Finally had enought VC for the "finisher" skill. Lost to the Heat there because of my lousy shots. Seriously its like the net has a repelling
    magnet whenever I play match.

Oooo sounds like fun , any of you around for now for a game?

One thing I forgot to say, go into the game options lads and there is somewhere to turn on a shot rater and it rates your shot, also tells you if you release at the wrong time or your out of your range or if your under too much pressure from defense

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Soby wrote: »
    Oooo sounds like fun , any of you around for now for a game?

I sent you a friends request yesterday. psn id Soby right? I'll be playing later tonight.

• Advertisement

I sent you a friends request yesterday. psn id Soby right? I'll be playing later tonight.

No Carefree_Ste

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So i know its early but any inkling of whats next month :) i just resubbed for another 90 days

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere.

About to sign up for Playstation Plus for the first time.

I have seen in the past that you can sometimes buy one year subscriptions with a certain number of days extra free. Is this an offer only run at certain times by sony, or would I be able to look around and happen to find that kind of offer in a random store / on a random website?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Faker74 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is covered elsewhere.

About to sign up for Playstation Plus for the first time.

I have seen in the past that you can sometimes buy one year subscriptions with a certain number of days extra free. Is this an offer only run at certain times by sony, or would I be able to look around and happen to find that kind of offer in a random store / on a random website?

It was a random(it will be repeated, I'd say) deal available on PSN as well as stores, but the stores sold out as quick as they came in more or less.

Sub now and when those deals come back, buy them as they stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So i know its early but any inkling of whats next month :) i just resubbed for another 90 days

I reckon we'll see DMC next month.

Other than that I've no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

sheehy83 wrote: »

Anyone up for a new squad member, add me.

I have you already added, though I am up for some online. I usually don't get access to the PS3 until the evening times at the moment. We got in Netflix and the missus watches it on the PS3 so I have to wait for her to go to bed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Think I'l delete uncharted 3 to be honest. 40gb is space I could 4 or 5 other games in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

cloud493 wrote: »
    Think I'l delete uncharted 3 to be honest. 40gb is space I could 4 or 5 other games in.

I was struggling with space...then I checked my game install sizes and realised my old COD games as well as the original Borderlands were taking up a lot of space with map packs, DLC etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

sarumite wrote: »
    I have you already added, though I am up for some online. I usually don't get access to the PS3 until the evening times at the moment. We got in Netflix and the missus watches it on the PS3 so I have to wait for her to go to bed :(

Am myself, late most nights. Gimme a shout if you see me on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Considering my laser died and I've not time to replace it I'll now have a chance to get through the PS+ games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Moved into a new place with a man cave. The excitement, I'll actually get to use the playstation without herself rolling her eyes every time I beat a hooker to death with a baseball bat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Moved into a new place with a man cave. The excitement, I'll actually get to use the playstation without herself rolling her eyes every time I beat a hooker to death with a baseball bat.

:D

Yes becoming normal practice in my house now between Saint's Row, Mafia, The Last of Us......

Downloaded PS+ for the first time today.

Why is the UC 3 download so big?? Ive had it downloading since around 5 O'clock this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Downloaded PS+ for the first time today.

Why is the UC 3 download so big?? Ive had it downloading since around 5 O'clock this evening.

Downloads all the 3D stuff by default too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Loved Mafia, but I'm not sure I like the meat-headedness of Spec Ops. I'll stick with it for a while longer, though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Grayditch wrote: »
    Loved Mafia, but I'm not sure I like the meat-headedness of Spec Ops. I'll stick with it for a while longer, though.

Do. It isn't long before it turns into a pretty audacious commentary on jingoistic meat headed military shooters, and one of the few games that has the guts to make the player feel absolutely awful for their role in virtual genocides. Also one of the rare games to play around with the unreliable narrator concept a bit.

Gameplay wise, there are extended shooting sections where that fine (ahem) line between being a subversion and merely being just another in the genre (although Nolan North's psychotic growls every time he kills an 'enemy' rarely lose their disturbing edge). Indeed, the gameplay doesn't match the intrigue of the storytelling. But there's a lot of fascinating things in there, and while I didn't think it managed to completely sustain what it was trying to do, it's certainly well worth sticking with until the end, especially as it's quite brief. You'll never look at Call of Duty or Battlefield the same way again...

Ah right, ok. I'll give it a few more hours today. I remember in the reviews it said it had a different feel to it and had some interesting morality issues, so I'll keep at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Yeah I'm enjoying Spec Ops way more than I thought I would. Dubai is a cool setting for a game too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Just finnished the line..

What a hero!!!!!!!!!

Is ending always the same regardless of the few decisions ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Careful of the spoilers there guys. A lot of us haven't started it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

RangeR wrote: »
    Careful of the spoilers there guys. A lot of us haven't started it yet.

It's not like it's a new release game or anything, you'd swear it was The Last of Us 5 days after release.

Better not discuss how Uncharted 3 folds out for any plus members who haven't started it yet so.

It's not like it's a new release game or anything, you'd swear it was The Last of Us 5 days after release.

:confused: Because someone reminded people not to give away the ending? Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Better not discuss how Uncharted 3 folds out for any plus members who haven't started it yet so.

Is it really too much to ask not to discuss the ending of a game just released on PS Plus in the PS Plus thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Grayditch wrote: »
    :confused: Because someone reminded people not to give away the ending? Ok.

But it's not like it's a new game or anything. Big deal if someone says how it ends in an online thread at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

But it's not like it's a new game or anything. Big deal if someone says how it ends in an online thread at this stage.

And if this was the Spec Ops thread, it would be grand. But it's the PS Plus thread, and it's a game just released on Plus, so lots of people are going to be playing it for the 1st time. Why should they have the ending spoiled in a thread not directly related to the game? It's not like it's something you should reasonably expect to be seeing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement