Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

But it's not like it's a new game or anything. Big deal if someone says how it ends in an online thread at this stage.

Obviously it's a big deal. Just have some consideration for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

But it's not like it's a new game or anything. Big deal if someone says how it ends in an online thread at this stage.

Yes it's a big deal. You wouldn't spoil the ending to a film, a book or a tv show the same way you wouldn't spoil a part of the game no matter how long it's been out. Spoiler tags are there to be used for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Spoilers are spoilers. For example say you are a jrpg fan and someone spoils the ending for chrono trigger which is decade old. Its still not cool. Tag it for consideration for people who didn't have time to play all the games released to date. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Ok, let's calm down, spoiler I doubt.
    But acknowledge I should have posted elsewhere, any one who has played and finnished the game would realise that my comment was NOT a spoiler.

Like I said, apologies I should have asked it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'd say for a plus thread it should all be treated as a spoiler but after the length of time some of these games have been out in other threads it shouldn't be given any extra care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Varik wrote: »
    I'd say for a plus thread it should all be treated as a spoiler but after the length of time some of these games have been out in other threads it shouldn't be given any extra care.

Exactly. Sorry if my post yesterday was harsh. Just take a second to think about the context of your post before you make it, that's all anyone can ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

It's what spoiler tags are for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Be great if you just stopped posting here for a while... Can I recommend the Aardvark section in Arts. Bye.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OK, keep it friendly folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

When did you all get NBA? Id love that but just checked now and its not on PS+ :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    When did you all get NBA? Id love that but just checked now and its not on PS+ :(

It was only up for 1 might, mistake by Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Stupid Sony!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Reganio 2 wrote: »

NBA 2K13 was released in the UAE instead of Spec Ops: The Line.

Mistake on their part and released to all

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see there is a game free on PSN Spartacus: Legends based on the TV show. Anyone give it a go? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I see there is a game free on PSN Spartacus: Legends based on the TV show. Anyone give it a go? Any good?

Not tried it but Xbox gave it free a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

sheehy83 wrote: »

It's a free-to-play game... and it's sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

just realised, we'll probably get the list of September's games next week. I really need to start playing. Any minute now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

CastorTroy wrote: »
    just realised, we'll probably get the list of September's games next week. I really need to start playing. Any minute now.

Anyone got predictions for the September freebies? Nearly finished Mafia 2 - just need a few more wanted posters, then it's off to Spec Ops I go. August has been kind!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Finished Mafia 2 the other day. It was alright. Fun in parts with a decent story, but the ending was abrupt and very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

I'm still holding out hope for DmC....
    As if I'll get a chance to play it anyway. I haven't even started any of August's games yet!

• Advertisement

Finished Mafia 2 the other day. It was alright. Fun in parts with a decent story, but the ending was abrupt and very annoying.

Yeah the ending was strange, very quick but I suppose it made sense. Good game, although my last few games all seem to play the same - inFamous 2, Uncharted 3, Hitman Absolution, Saints Row The Third, Kingdom of Amalur. Judging by reviews of Spec Ops it plays like Uncharted. Maybe I need to step away from 3rd person shooters for a while.
    Esterhase wrote: »
    I'm still holding out hope for DmC....
    As if I'll get a chance to play it anyway. I haven't even started any of August's games yet!

Fingers crossed for DMC, I find that eliminating sleep allows for extra gameplay, depends on how well you function the next day with lack of sleep :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I like mafia 2 but I'm on chapter 8 (of 14? ) and **** all has happened. I like how they bring the real life aspects into it and I can see they are focusing more on the story than other sand box games but it makes for some dull dull missions. Drive to strip club, cut scene, drive to grave, cut scene, drive back. End mission. I mean that's an introductory type mission if ever I saw one, basically just driving. Yawn.

I like mafia 2 but I'm on chapter 8 (of 14? ) and **** all has happened. I like how they bring the real life aspects into it and I can see they are focusing more on the story than other sand box games but it makes for some dull dull missions. Drive to strip club, cut scene, drive to grave, cut scene, drive back. End mission. I mean that's an introductory type mission if ever I saw one, basically just driving. Yawn.

15 chapters in it, some of them after where you are are actually quite long, what I didn't like is that there was no "quick travel" to the destination, I spent most of my time looking at the boot of the car I was driving. It was actually a great lesson on not to drive in real life when you're tired, I nodded off for a second whilst playing the game and my car veered off the motorway onto the road below, got the shock of my life! But I know exactly what you mean about lack of substance in the missions, it can be said the same for many other games, Uncharted 3 is the exception though, great story and great game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I prefer this to "Collect package. Drop off package". Some of the game was dull, but the story kept me interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Mafia 2 is grand, but besides the main story there's basically nothing to do unless your into searching for collectibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

van_beano wrote: »
    15 chapters in it, some of them after where you are are actually quite long, what I didn't like is that there was no "quick travel" to the destination, I spent most of my time looking at the boot of the car I was driving. It was actually a great lesson on not to drive in real life when you're tired, I nodded off for a second whilst playing the game and my car veered off the motorway onto the road below, got the shock of my life! But I know exactly what you mean about lack of substance in the missions, it can be said the same for many other games, Uncharted 3 is the exception though, great story and great game
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I prefer this to "Collect package. Drop off package". Some of the game was dull, but the story kept me interested.
    Mafia 2 is grand, but besides the main story there's basically nothing to do unless your into searching for collectibles.

It was free. Stop your bitching :D

Damien360 wrote: »
    It was free. Stop your bitching :D

Touché :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I'm thinking they will give Heavy Rain free soon with the upcoming release of Beyond Two Souls on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone have any idea or heard any rumours what the vita games are?

• Advertisement

And Playboys instead of hidden packages etc was genius :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement