Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm not really liking mafia 2, the shooting feels a tad ropey. Spec ops is still great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Got to stick up for Mafia II.

I played it when it came out so memory is sketchy but I remember it looked beautiful throughout. Even at the start, I think it's snowing as you're coming back to the city.

The sound was excellent too, from the dialogue to the voice acting and the authentic radio and car sounds. Made me feel like I was in the 40s/50s.

And the cars, I really enjoyed upgrading them and how realistic the driving was. I enjoyed the drive here to there missions, listening to the radio and taking in the scenery. I still remember when they let me loose on the roads with that race car too. Best simulation of the speed and power of a race car I've ever played. Actually, maybe that was Mafia 1 but anyway, still loved the driving and cars.

The realism was another big thing for me. Although they dumbed it down a bit from Mafia 1 it's nice to play a game where there are consequences for breaking the law and you have to be careful what you do (not that I don't like GTA/Saints Row too, they're just different).

It is quite short but sometimes I think that can be a good thing. I was still enjoying it when I finished it.

This tied in with the city not being interactive too. Yes, it's linear but that forced you to stick to the story and I think immersion in the story benefitted from it. With some games now you can get so caught up in the side quests and burgeoning content that when you go back to the main quest it's hard to remember what the focus of the game was.

Mafia II is all about the atmosphere, setting, characters and the story and that was more than enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

feeling itll be tomb raider :0 I hope anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Damien360 wrote: »
    It was free. Stop your bitching :D

Not sure why my quote is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Finally got Battlefield installed. Wow. I have it for PC but only because I thought for some reason that it was going to be 'stiff' on consoles. It's not. Plays great, though the graphics take some hit.

Definitely gonna go with PS3/4 for BF4 now. Cant wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is there a way to view my personal Instant game downloads collection, thought I seen a post and someone had a cover flow?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

I have it for PC but only because I thought for some reason that it was going to be 'stiff' on consoles. It's not.

Got BF3 recent on PS+ and I initally found it to be quite stiff compared to CoD, took a couple of games to get into it - now I love it :)
    It's probally the first game to make me think about getting a nex gen console sooner rather than later - PS4 will support 64 player multiplayer at 60fps compared to the PS3 24 @ 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone with nba, anyone tried the 2k13 app , I can't log in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Soby wrote: »
    Anyone with nba, anyone tried the 2k13 app , I can't log in

Not working anymore, they must be getting the apps ready for the next game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Question? my plus subscription expired today before I had a chnace to renew, will I lose all my games for good or will they be available to me again once I renew?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Question? my plus subscription expired today before I had a chnace to renew, will I lose all my games for good or will they be available to me again once I renew?

no they will still be there once you renew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

cadete wrote: »
    no they will still be there once you renew :)

Phew! thank goodness for that, was enjoying when vikings attack but starting to find it a bit repetitive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Phew! thank goodness for that, was enjoying when vikings attack but starting to find it a bit repetitive now.

I'd say wait until the Gamescom announcement, there might be a discount and even if it's not it unlikely to go up in price.

Varik wrote: »
    I'd say wait until the Gamescom announcement

When's that ? Mine is up shortly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sony's Gamescom conference is tomorrow at 6pm, I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

If you keep an eye on adverts you might get psn cards for cheap.I got 60 euro worth for 30 euro so only paid 25 for a year of ps+ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    If you keep an eye on adverts you might get psn cards for cheap.I got 60 euro worth for 30 euro so only paid 25 for a year of ps+ :D

noice one...just got 50 for 30 on adverts and now to wait for the next 25% sale which would make it about €23 for the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

sweetie wrote: »
    noice one...just got 50 for 30 on adverts and now to wait for the next 25% sale which would make it about €23 for the year!

:eek:
    Link? PLEEEEEEEASE!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hogzy wrote: »
    :eek:
    Link? PLEEEEEEEASE!

adverts.ie, setup an email alert. I may have counted my chickens though, no reply since I offered asking, might be sold elsewhere but I did get a similar deal a few months back on same site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Announcement of Septembers games is later than usual. Imagine they'll be announced during Gamescon later.

With a Vita Killzone game in Sept and a PS4 Killzone game in Oct / Nov, chances of Killzone 3 being one of Septembers games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

Niska wrote: »
    Announcement of Septembers games is later than usual. Imagine they'll be announced during Gamescon later.

With a Vita Killzone game in Sept and a PS4 Killzone game in Oct / Nov, chances of Killzone 3 being one of Septembers games?

Was thinking this myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No thanks not a fan atal of those :/

Heavy Rain just sold a significant amount of copies and with Beyond: Two Souls, we might get Heavy Rain. Bit old now though.

I've owned and finished Killzone 3, however the multiplayer was fun and going on PS+ should get more people playing it again, so I'd be happy enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No more hard drives need to be tainted with the aggressive mediocrity of a Killzone game!

Assassins Creed 3 next free game

Buy a year subscription from tomorrow and get 3 months free.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Buy a year subscription from tomorrow and get 3 months free.

Time to stack. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Assassins Creed 3 next free game

Damn, I just paid for, and subsequently hated, that game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

F1ngers wrote: »
    Time to stack. :D

+1....90 days free with a 1 year sub is great value!, i have my sub upto July 2015....but hard to resist this deal!

Available from tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pity he only mentioned one of next months game looking forward to playing Ass Creed 3 though seen as i've cleared all the others

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement