Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tomorrow should be when they announce the September games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Pity he only mentioned one of next months game looking forward to playing Ass Creed 3 though seen as i've cleared all the others

Ass Creed 3 sound like a game involving spicy food and/or copious amounts of alcohol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

always wanted to try AC.....so having the latest free is great, PS PLUS.....WE LOVE YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Have to say I liked AC3.. so enjoy it the rest of ye while I look forward to the other games for Vita and PS3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Might trade in AC3 today, as it's going to be free in a few weeks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Cloud storage and discounts
    I can confirm that on top of the combined 2GB cloud storage we currently provide for PS3 and PS Vita users, members with a PS4 will receive an additional 1GB of cloud storage.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/20/playstation-plus-on-ps4-the-revolution-continues/#more-142811

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads have any of you had Spec Ops the line freeze on you ? The pit
    is the level its after freezing on just as you're walking into a hallway a big helicoptor blasts in the windows and you've to run , I died the 1st time doing it and after that it keeps freezing everytime the bloody thing shows up ,
    What do i reinstall ?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Haven't download Spec Ops myself because I've already finished it, but before you reinstall you could try the "Restore File System" option in safe mode. More info here.
    If that doesn't work then delete the game data and reinstall.

Delighted to be getting AC3 free, just recently I was thinking I'd like to get it purely because I've played all the others, but I'm not bothered enough to actually spend money on it.
    Also picked up a €50 psn card for €35 on adverts the other day, and now I'll be getting 15months instead of 12!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Also picked up a €50 psn card for €35 on adverts the other day, and now I'll be getting 15months instead of 12!

If you got PSN credit it'll be grand but if you got a year's Plus I'm not so sure it'll work.
    According to the Blog:

"...if you purchase a one year membership through PlayStation Store up until 20th September we’ll give you an additional 90 days at no extra cost!"

I got a store card, not a PS+ card so hopefully it should work out - either way even paying 50 for 12 months is still a bargain to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Usually by now, the Playstation EU twitter has said it'll be announcing the next month's games at 12. Though maybe they're too busy at gamescom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Bah! Only bought a years sub the other day :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Bah! Only bought a years sub the other day :mad:

Buy more with the extra three months - they stack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

F1ngers wrote: »
    Buy more with the extra three months - they stack.
    To make matters worse, I initially had the 90 day auto renewal that I kept meaning to change. Got an email to say they couldn't process the payment so I subscribed for a year. Turns out they then charged me for both so I now have the year sub and the 90 day sub and paid fully for both :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My PS+ is up in september, perfect timing for for a promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

To make matters worse, I initially had the 90 day auto renewal that I kept meaning to change. Got an email to say they couldn't process the payment so I subscribed for a year. Turns out they then charged me for both so I now have the year sub and the 90 day sub and paid fully for both :(

Question for ya. I signed up for the 3 month sub when i got my ps3 in june, will my sub renew in september on the 18th again or how do I change it to a year sub from here on out? Is the 90 days free deal until mid Sept?

Should I just renew my sub for the year now?

Turns out they then charged me for both so I now have the year sub and the 90 day sub and paid fully for both :(

Email and explain the situation, surely they'd be able to refund you for an obvious mix up like that ?

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but sony are going to offer single month subscriptions to plus now as well. Not great value compared to the others, I think it was €6.99, but a good option if you're not keen on ps+ but one particular month has some standout games.

@readyletsgo - from memory, go to Account Management under Playstation Network in the XMB and select Transaction Management. Then go to Services List and select your PS+ subscription and turn auto renew off. Then buy your years subscription, you have until Sept 20 to get the extra 90 days free I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Question for ya. I signed up for the 3 month sub when i got my ps3 in june, will my sub renew in september on the 18th again

Unless you untick the "auto renew subscription" box, it will take the payment for 3 more months from your attached card details. If you don't have a payment method on your account, payment will fail and it won't renew.
    or how do I change it to a year sub from here on out?

Purchase it from the PSN, or in a shop.
    Is the 90 days free deal until mid Sept?

September 20th I believe
    Should I just renew my sub for the year now?

When the deal goes up, yes. Subs stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Unless you untick the "auto renew subscription" box, it will take the payment for 3 more months from your attached card details. If you don't have a payment method on your account, payment will fail and it won't renew.

September 20th I believe

Any idea when this deal goes up?? need to renew my plus sub like NOW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Any idea when this deal goes up?? need to renew my plus sub like NOW!!!

When the store updates today. No idea what time I'm afraid, its usually about 6pm.

• Advertisement

Mine updated this morning - deal should be live now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

aaronh007 wrote: »

September 20th I believe

Awesome, thanks for all of that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Assassins Creed three for free? O gee thanks. Loved assassins creed 2. Brotherhood is three is it? I have that too.

Edit; Answered my own question already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Will I miss anything by playing AC3 without having played the others in the series? I liked the look of the trailers for 3 but didn't know if it was too late to jump into the series.

You'll not be missing anything in terms of story - I believe there's a "previously on..." style bit at the start of the game that covers the story up to this point.
    Also it's a different character from the other games, so it's kind of natural point for new players to jump into the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

It's a new protagonist in the animus but Desmond's story is a continuation.
    Although its conclusion was a complete ******* mess.

As Mad_Dave says, there's a bit of a catch up at the start but be no harm to read up a bit on wiki imo or check out some of the recaps on youtube.

Felt really let down by AC3. Not to say it wasn't a decent game with a great setting, just thought AC2 and Brotherhood were better games. Maybe even Revelations too.

sin0city wrote: »
    Maybe even Revelations too.

Jesus, might not bother with it so - revelations really turned me off the AC series. F'in tower defense was some of the worst gaming I've ever suffered through.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Jesus, might not bother with it so - revelations really turned me off the AC series. F'in tower defense was some of the worst gaming I've ever suffered through.

Felt exact same with Revelations. Awful game that took all the fun away from AC 2 and Brotherhood. I got about half way through AC 3 but just couldn't go on. The missions were unbelievably boring. The tutorial itself is about 4 hours long. Might give it another go with the IGC, dunno. But how much I didn't enjoy Revelations or 3, Black Flag actually looks like great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Is Ass Creed 3 the only new PS3 game next month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Keith wrote: »
    Is Ass Creed 3 the only new PS3 game next month?

No, there'll be 2 other PS3 titles and 2 PS Vita titles, they are to be announced tomorrow according to Playstation Europe Tweet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement