Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just 'buying' the new games that have been added. I can get Stealth Inc PS3, but when selecting the Vita version I'm getting a 'not eligible' message. Any ideas?

Just buy the PS3 version and check out, it should show up as purchased then and if it doesn't it'll likely say that you're not eligible as you already own it after that.

Go here and you'll see it in the media list.

account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Varik wrote: »
    Just buy the PS3 version and check out, it should show up as purchased then and if it doesn't it'll likely say that you're not eligible as you already own it after that.

Go here and you'll see it in the media list.

account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Hmm, there's two of the game listed in the media list alright, but nothing ti differentiate format. There's also two AC3's there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I was downloading AC3 yesterday and it was painfully slow, 50% after about 12 hours. I went into the network setting but I didn't change anything I just checked the settings and let the network test run.

After this it started downloading about 3 times faster, it finished in a couple of hours. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmm, there's two of the game listed in the media list alright, but nothing ti differentiate format. There's also two AC3's there too?

Check your download list
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/download/list

I've the 3 individual Jak games for PS3 and the trilogy for Vita in mine. For AC3 there's the game and DLC.

For Stealth Inc it says I have 2 PS3 copies but if I search the site for Stealth Inc it says I've purchased both Vita and PS3 versions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Check your download list
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/download/list

I've the 3 individual Jak games for PS3 and the trilogy for Vita in mine. For AC3 there's the game and DLC.

For Stealth Inc it says I have 2 PS3 copies but if I search the site for Stealth Inc it says I've purchased both Vita and PS3 versions

There's two entries for it alright, but different file sizes & both are playable on PS3 :confused:

nm1fkk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I play games to enjoy then. Criticizing is low priority to me. Assassins Creed 3 is making me cry. I like the series. Love the gameplay of the older games. 3 feels like a low quality clone trying to add in too much without polish, not an upgrade for the series. I keep trying to play on. I keep telling myself it will get better. I stop for now. Im going to play Shadow of the Colossus get the bad taste out of my mouth. I am still hopeful that Black Flag will be better.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I play games to enjoy then. Criticizing is low priority to me. Assassins Creed 3 is making me cry. I like the series. Love the gameplay of the older games. 3 feels like a low quality clone trying to add in too much without polish, not an upgrade for the series. I keep trying to play on. I keep telling myself it will get better. I stop for now. Im going to play Shadow of the Colossus get the bad taste out of my mouth. I am still hopeful that Black Flag will be better.

Apparently it does get better. My son played it and said the start of it is really slow with very little action.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Random tip ye may already use:
    Don't know if it was mentioned before, but I find that if you want to download a game from your download list and don't want to go through the long list, just do a search in the PS Store on your PS3 and download from the game's store page.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

whiterebel wrote: »
    Apparently it does get better. My som played it and said the start of it is really slow with very little action.

I am at the part when you become an assassin. It feels janky. Ive seen a lot of bugs. I have been thrown up all the way in the sky twice. NPC feet would randomly spazz out. I was beginning to think that I had a bad install. Your chosen costume doest show up in cut scenes! The older games were capable of that. Characters are numerous and shallow. Story is told in burst without much depth. Its hard to catch on why you are doing a mission. I do wish it gets better. I might try again. But I can only ignore so much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I just nought the ACIII season pass for 13.50....all but one of the DLC are incl. in the pass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I am at the part when you become an assassin. It feels janky. Ive seen a lot of bugs. I have been thrown up all the way in the sky twice. NPC feet would randomly spazz out. I was beginning to think that I had a bad install. Your chosen costume doest show up in cut scenes! The older games were capable of that. Characters are numerous and shallow. Story is told in burst without much depth. Its hard to catch on why you are doing a mission. I do wish it gets better. I might try again. But I can only ignore so much.

Agree with all of the above. Here's a list (edited having finished the game) of the gripes I had with it that I'd posted in the AC3 thread a while back:

There are a lot of glitches. I don't think the game was ready to be released and the day one patch is evidence of this. Even after that, I still have cut scenes where mouths don't move, animals get caught against rocks or run in loops when trying to flee. Music from an Inn plays sometimes too when you open the weapon wheel. I've also got stuck in a couple of blue screens. It just ruins the immersion. I also once spent half an hour trying to finish the man eater quest only to find out on the net that it was a glitch. I just don't think the game was ready for release.

Simplified controls have taken a lot of skill and fun out of the game. It used to be a challenge to scale buildings. Now it's just press R1 to start climbing and that's all there is to it really. You don't even need to pay attention.

Lack of environmental puzzles. They were part of what made the earlier games brilliant.

Combat. The animations are better than ever before but it is dumbed down. No medicine, your armour can't break (not that it happened that much in earlier games anyway bit at least it could). Wait around to counter and occasionally break defence or use a tool. Looks cool but you feel less cool doing it. Once you master the combat it's somewhat better but because they removed the virtual training room they had in the other games the only way you can try to get better is to practice on patrols.

I'm getting used to the menus now but they're not intuitive, especially the homestead book.

Quick time events. Really not sure about these. Taking down a cougar or whatever using them is okay but once you've got them down it's just press this button to win.

Don't like that there's no more target lock on.

Animus database. I loved reading the historical info. in the database in all of the other games. In this one it is just annoying trying to read it. There is no need for all the bad jokes. I'm aware it's written be Shaun but that doesn't make it okay.

Some side missions completely lack interaction. A white screen flashes and that's it. You get no instruction, just an update. Again, not very immersive and no real sense of reward.
    And the ending to Desmond's story was the worst ending to a series I've ever seen.
    Connor's was fine.

On the good side, the frontier looks incredible and the tree climbing animations are beautiful if a little repetitive.
    Naval missions and peg leg missions are great too.

I like building the homestead and the forts are great. Full synchronisation can also be challening which is a good thing imo. Hunting is a nice addition too. I know a lot of people didn't like the earlier sequences but I enjoyed them, thought it was a well put together story but still a little too long. I also thing Haytham was a better protagonist than Connor.

TL;DR - Game wasn't even close to finished.
    And I reserve the right to complain because I didn't get it free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Loved AC2 and Brotherhood. Revelations was "Meh" and AC3 is complete horseSH!T. Swore i won't buy another one of those games. Not even this new Next-Gen one has me interested... Yawn. Hold R1 and do everything in the game.

And do NOT get me started on the worst multiplayer i have ever experienced. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I must the the only one who enjoyed it so...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

wasted 12gb on downloading AC3. What a shiet. I am not going to go in to technical aspect of it on PC, but parts of game design are just DUMB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

There's a few bugs with Chapter 14. I had to restart because Joe wouldn't follow me. As for your problem, EGriff, when you were making money, did you stick-up shops? When I was looking for a solution to my problem I read you must crush cars only, sticking up shops caused problems.

You can restart the chapter from the main menu. Pity it's the longest level :(

You know you can just
    rob Derek's safe in his office after you kill him and his goons
    and you get about $25,000 of the $27,500 you need. Then just rob two or three shops (gun shops that don't tend to have security or witnesses) to make up the difference.

I had that problem with Joe freezing up too, which didn't happen before (this was my second playthrough/platinum run). You can just kill all the goons in the building then go back up and push Joe along the floor and down the steps and when you get to the part where he needs to vault over some wood he'll spring to life and race off to the end.

Big Assassins Creed sale for one week!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/30/assassins-creed-sale-starts-today/

^ i got the ACIII season pass for 13.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

How long is that plus sale on, 90 extra days is it?

phill106 wrote: »
    How long is that plus sale on, 90 extra days is it?

the 12+3 sub deal ends on sept 20th i belive.

There's two entries for it alright, but different file sizes & both are playable on PS3 :confused:

nm1fkk.jpg

After buying the game on PS3 did you go onto it again later to look at the Vita version. When a game is unavailable sometimes it'll tell you why.

Mine says the same and shows both as PS3 on the list but after buying the PS3 version it shows as bought on the vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Jesus how long is the bloody prologue in AC3. I feel like I've been playing for ages and I'm still this English guy, and I'm guessing after this I have to do an intro for the native American guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

EGriff wrote: »
    Jesus how long is the bloody prologue in AC3. I feel like I've been playing for ages and I'm still this English guy, and I'm guessing after this I have to do an intro for the native American guy.

It goes on for quite a while. The game is a real slow burner.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Playing through Mafia 2 at the moment, it's alright imo, nothing spectacular. some Missions are good fun
    like the mission when you blow up the Empire Arms Hotel
    but a lot of the game feels very generic, and the city feels lifeless. I'd give it 6/10 so far

So i've been looking at the now cheaper AC games/DLC and especially the AC3 season pass, what is not included in that as from what I've read it's everything.

Is it worth the €14 they're asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Anyone tried Stealth Inc yet ? 5 levels in and already feel like throwing the controller out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Anyone tried Stealth Inc yet ? 5 levels in and already feel like throwing the controller out the window

I finished the first chapter. I find it interesting, keeps me guessing on what to do next, and I am dying time and time again.
    Nice one to play for, say, half an hour and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I reviewed it and that controller feeling is normal! A bit more dangerous when you play it on Vita!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

I've been playing it on the Vita and after 5 minutes I end up switching it off. Bloody infuriating in my opinion :)

Varik wrote: »
    So i've been looking at the now cheaper AC games/DLC and especially the AC3 season pass, what is not included in that as from what I've read it's everything.

Is it worth the €14 they're asking?

Its alot cheaper....you get all but one of the DLC in the season pass. The other non pass DLC costs 2.24. Its 5GB for all the stuff.
    This is the one not incl. in the season pass: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/addons/assassin%27s-creed-iii-benedict-arnold-dlc/cid=EP0001-BLES01667_00-AC3DLCBENEDICT01

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

2000 precursor orbs in Jak and Daxter 1.
    At least this time I get some trophies unlike getting them all on the PS2 !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

EGriff wrote: »

It goes on for quite a while but honestly it is worth it. Stick with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement