Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So I've been using the Automatic Download feature for the last week or so. It has been really good. The last few times I've turned on the PS3 it has showed me what patches it has downloaded.

I like the fact it is downloading patches for games I haven't played in ages like SSFIV. It can be so annoying to load up an old game only to find you need a rake of patches. Usually means I won't bother playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

New online "cloud" saves for PS+ members. Sounds good.
    In response to overwhelming demand from the PS3 community, we are pleased to announce that Online Storage for Game Saves will be available to PlayStation Plus members from tomorrow, 10 March, allowing you to store your game saves for peace of mind and easy access from any PlayStation 3 system in the world.

After downloading PS3 System Software Update 3.60, Plus members will have access to 150MB of space and will be able to store up to 1000 PS3 game saves.

To do so, simply highlight the game save you want to store in the [Saved Data Utility (PS3)], press the triangle button to bring up the options, select “copy” and then select “Online Storage” as the destination. In turn, you can access your Online Storage list via [Saved Data Utility (PS3)] when signed into PlayStation Network on a friend’s PS3 and download your stored game saves to carry on your game from where you left off.
    If the developer has chosen to implement copy protection on their game saves, you can still copy those files to Online Storage but there will be a 24 hour period, after each save, before you can then download them on any PS3.

If your PlayStation Plus subscription expires then you will no longer be able to access Online Storage until you renew your subscription. However, any game saves stored will be kept for six months and you will be able to access them as before when you renew the subscription, as long as you do so within that six month period.

Hopefully that tells you everything you need to know about this new, much requested service. If you do need any more information, the official PlayStation forums have posted a guide, and ask us in the comments as always.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/03/09/online-storage-available-to-playstation-plus-members-from-tomorrow/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If the developer has chosen to implement copy protection on their game saves, you can still copy those files to Online Storage but there will be a 24 hour period, after each save, before you can then download them on any PS3.

That's odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

My PS3 has YLODed. Wondering can I get my old PS Plus games again or have I lost them forever?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Qs wrote: »
    My PS3 has YLODed. Wondering can I get my old PS Plus games again or have I lost them forever?

You will be logging in on the same profile, games are still yours.
    You will have to redownload them though.

• Advertisement

Thanks, thats a relief.

Thanks, thats a relief.

You would be advised to call Sony up and get the old ps3 deactivated from the account or if you do try to fix it do it yourself on the PS3 options if when your trying to get the saves and such off(if you do try to reflow it).

You can only download PSN stuff to 5 systems and need to deactivated the old ones to use any new PS3s, there are some games that only allow 1 ps3 to use the content but if you deactivate the old ps3 a new one can use the download.

Didn't realise that, again thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    New online "cloud" saves for PS+ members. Sounds good.

Nice. Sign me up. I go between 3 PS3s and some games cant even be saved to a stick.

So I bought my new PS3 but the Plants vs Zombie save I had on the cloud isn't there. Am I missing something here?

• Advertisement

So I bought my new PS3 but the Plants vs Zombie save I had on the cloud isn't there. Am I missing something here?

I'm not positive about this but I think you have to save the file yourself to the cloud, it doesn't just save all your files onto it. I may be wrong though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think you do need to do it yourself, alright. I love that you can do it with game files that wouldn't copy to a stick, like Demon's Souls and Wolfenstein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

You have to save it to cloud yourself , have done it with my mass effect 2 save files and the one that would not let you copy to usb.

Just press triangle over the file and select copy , then pick the cloud folder as the save location. it's a nice little addition that takes away some worry for files that would not back up to usb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Ok, ignorant question, so apologies on advance...!

I got a three month subscription which is up in a few days... I've unpicked the auto re-subscribe option. Will I lose all plus content if I don't resubscribe before the 5th day?
    And where is the option to subscribe on the store?

Ok, ignorant question, so apologies on advance...!

I got a three month subscription which is up in a few days... I've unpicked the auto re-subscribe option. Will I lose all plus content if I don't resubscribe before the 5th day?

My understanding, and open to correction, anything you paid for is yours to keep.
    Any items that were free to PS+ members will be lost(unless you keep up your subscription).
    And where is the option to subscribe on the store?

On XMB, go to Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List and there should be a PS+ icon that you subscribe to.
    Sorry, mis-read that. I don't think you can subscribe to the store.

MAG full game for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Varik wrote: »
    MAG full game for €15
    Not PS+ but still a good offer

Varik wrote: »
    MAG full game for €15
    ShaneU wrote: »

Either way, a really great game.
    Keep meaning to get back to it, but I don't...:(

Any boardsie want to organise a night of this game?

ShaneU wrote: »

My mistake, it was listed with the content in a monthly plus email i got "See what you get for free with PlayStation Plus this month".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

F1ngers wrote: »
    Any boardsie want to organise a night of this game?
    Yes indeed. In fact I was thinking maybe we could set up Boardsie nights for certain games - MAG Mondays, KZ3 clan Sundays etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

GothPunk wrote: »
    Yes indeed. In fact I was thinking maybe we could set up Boardsie nights for certain games - MAG Mondays, KZ3 clan Sundays etc.

I like this.... I like this alot...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I used to play MAG a lot back in the day and traded it in ages ago. I might be tempted to buy it again.

I be really interested in this, great idea. Maybe start a new thread to get ideas for which games and which days we could do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I be really interested in this, great idea. Maybe start a new thread to get ideas for which games and which days we could do?
    Will do now ^^. I'm just wondering whether the thread should be in the PS sub-forum or in the main 'Games' forum? Sure I'll make an 'Ideas' thread or something and then when we've agreed on stuff we can make a proper thread. Maybe I'll even Photoshop us up a nice banner or something for the proper thread. :)

A whole load of waffle...http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/04/06/the-biggest-playstation-plus-month-yet/, but BG and E will be available sometime after may 4th.
    And here is some of what you can expect to see from 4th May – June 1st: Beyond Good & Evil – 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

That link says that the Killzone 3 Steel rain pack is free for PS+ members. I think.

inFAMOUS 2 UGC beta: Emails, containing voucher codes to download the beta from the Store will be sent to selected PS Plus users on 12th April and again on 19th. Users have been selected based on a few criteria including what inFamous trophies they achieved in the original game.

It'd better not be the 2 trophies that i'm missing.

I've seen a few videos for Red Faction: Battlegrounds and it looks good. Looks even better now that it's free with Plus :D.

Is Streets of Rage 2 just a HD upgrade or did they add in some extra levels? I'm not looking forward to that last level again. Don't think I could ever get by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Good month this month with Battlegrounds and Killzone map pack. Picked up Penny arcade adventures 1&2 for 3.25 too which was pretty good.

• Advertisement

Details hers:
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/04/18/uncharted-3-multiplayer-modes-detailed/
    the Multiplayer Beta for Uncharted 3 begins WORLDWIDE on June 28, 2011, with early access for PlayStation Plus members or by purchasing copies of Infamous 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement