Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I'm finding ps plus great I have a vita and ps3 and I'm getting so many games from this I nearly don't need to buy ps3 games. While assassins creed 3 is my least favourite of the series it's still a good game and to get it from ps plus it making the game even better haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm finding ps plus great I have a vita and ps3 and I'm getting so many games from this I nearly don't need to buy ps3 games. While assassins creed 3 is my least favourite of the series it's still a good game and to get it from ps plus it making the game even better haha

The last PS3 game I bought was Far Cry 3 (great game btw) but I still have more games then I have time to play. Not just time fillers either, real quality stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Does anyone know if you'll be able to add PS4 games to your download list without actually having a PS4.

So, say for example I get a PS4 in March I'd be able to download the previous 4 or 5 months worth of PS4 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Does anyone know if you'll be able to add PS4 games to your download list without actually having a PS4.

So, say for example I get a PS4 in March I'd be able to download the previous 4 or 5 months worth of PS4 games?

Unless they change how it works with the PS3 and Vita now, as long as you've got Plus for those 4/5 months you can go onto the website and add the free content as the PS4 stuff will more than likely not be viewable from the PS3 or Vita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Varik wrote: »
    After buying the game on PS3 did you go onto it again later to look at the Vita version. When a game is unavailable sometimes it'll tell you why.

Mine says the same and shows both as PS3 on the list but after buying the PS3 version it shows as bought on the vita.

Do you mean look at it via the console? Will have a loot at that later today, the Vita I have is brand new/unopened for an Xmas prez so can't check it on that

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Do you mean look at it via the console? Will have a loot at that later today, the Vita I have is brand new/unopened for an Xmas prez so can't check it on that

I mean on the website, if you added the PS3 version to the basket and then purchase it the Vita version will likely show up as bought when you visit the store again.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ssba91

Hi, I re-newed my ps+ sub over the weekend but the expiration date hasn't changed. When does this normally update?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

ssba91 wrote: »
    Hi, I re-newed my ps+ sub over the weekend but the expiration date hasn't changed. When does this normally update?

Some games you have to run again to update it's expiration date.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Some games you have to run again to update it's expiration date.

Thanks, i found a thread on sonys site a few minutes ago which pointed me in the right direction also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I mean on the website, if you added the PS3 version to the basket and then purchase it the Vita version will likely show up as bought when you visit the store again.

Ah, indeed, & indeed it shows up as purchased. Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Unless they change how it works with the PS3 and Vita now, as long as you've got Plus for those 4/5 months you can go onto the website and add the free content as the PS4 stuff will more than likely not be viewable from the PS3 or Vita.

Out of interest, where do I find and add the PS+ games to my download list via the Playstion website? I am logged in on the website but I can not find where to do this. Sorry for the n00b question :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Out of interest, where do I find and add the PS+ games to my download list via the Playstion website? I am logged in on the website but I can not find where to do this. Sorry for the n00b question :o

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/your-instant-game-collection/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PLUSINSTANTGAME

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I have a PS4 preordered and was just wondering when I am getting PSN+ can I just use a PSN voucher or must I buy a specific subscription like xbox do?

Thanks

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I have a PS4 preordered and was just wondering when I am getting PSN+ can I just use a PSN voucher or must I buy a specific subscription like xbox do?

Thanks

Both, you can buy it with money add by a PSN money card or you can buy a PSN+ card that give you a sub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

ssba91 wrote: »
    Thanks, i found a thread on sonys site a few minutes ago which pointed me in the right direction also.

link.......:confused:

link.......:confused:

I can't seem to find the link at the moment but if follow this path on the XMB:

Account Management -> Transaction History -> Services List -> PS+ Subscription

it will show you the actual expiration date for the PS+ subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

eddhorse wrote: »
    2000 precursor orbs in Jak and Daxter 1.
    At least this time I get some trophies unlike getting them all on the PS2 !!

Ditto, got the Plat today and started Jak II, and i'm not really liking this city... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got Way of the Samurai 4. Go Megamelons!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Loads of great stuff in that sale. Will probably pick up the older, more obscure stuff this time :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was thinking that list was a tad meh, and then got down to Zone of the Enders and the PSP section :pac: Corpse Party is on at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I was thinking that list was a tad meh, and then got down to Zone of the Enders and the PSP section :pac: Corpse Party is on at that price.

And the original Silent Hill is just €1.99! I've the American PSN version from a few years ago but I think I'll purchase it again at that price! The EU version is slightly different/censored I think, so that justifies it. :pac:

Edit: it's just €1.79 on PS+. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And the original Silent Hill is just €1.99! I've the American PSN version from a few years ago but I think I'll purchase it again at that price! The EU version is slightly different/censored I think, so that justifies it. :pac:

Never played Silent Hill but just as I was about to get it, I remembered I got it through Plus last year. Strange it doesn't display as purchased

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

(Sssh, don't you know Retr0gamer has an automatic alert set up for everytime someone suggests getting a PAL version of a game? You're just asking for trouble!)

So the EU version is the inferior one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

jaxdasher wrote: »
    So the EU version is the inferior one?

The pal version was supposed to suffer from speed issues I think but nothing major, the one main in-game difference was that the knife-wielding child-zombies in the school in the US version were replaced with little claw-monsters in the Pal version.

Edit: I think the childlike-monsters featured in the demo, the disc of which came with Metal Gear Solid, iirc?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

sheehy83 wrote: »

Revelations is a great game at that price for anyone who hasn't played it yet and has an interest in an older style survival horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Do ps+ members get access to fifa 14 demo any earlier?

Wishful thinking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Ditto, got the Plat today and started Jak II, and i'm not really liking this city... :(

jak 2 city isnt great you said? loving jak 1 so far so im dissapointed in that post as i plan on completing 2 and 3 also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

MarkY91 wrote: »
    jak 2 city isnt great you said? loving jak 1 so far so im dissapointed in that post as i plan on completing 2 and 3 also

I am struggling to love jak 1. The camera control is awful. It makes some of the jumps a genuine leap in the dark. Currently trying to get 200 pounds of fish and debating deleting the game after this if it fails to improve. I will give 2 and 3 a blast but if the camera is the same, it's gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement