Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I finished the 1st world is it on Jak 1 no desire at all to go back to it :/ Assasins Creed 3 on the other hand im loving it massive improvement on the last one i played which was Revelations i think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Damien360 wrote: »
    I am struggling to love jak 1. The camera control is awful. It makes some of the jumps a genuine leap in the dark. Currently trying to get 200 pounds of fish and debating deleting the game after this if it fails to improve. I will give 2 and 3 a blast but if the camera is the same, it's gone.

If you could use the D Pad for that part it would be great, the analogue stick is too sensitive. Got it after 10th attempt I'd say, few close attempts 190 and 194. Head wrecking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm really enjoying AC3 as well. The first few hours were a real drag but it picked up nicely after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

eddhorse wrote: »
    If you could use the D Pad for that part it would be great, the analogue stick is too sensitive. Got it after 10th attempt I'd say, few close attempts 190 and 194. Head wrecking
    Only got that to work with the touchscreen on the vita. Failed miserably with the thumbstick.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I Hope all of you PS+ Guys without a Vita have been adding those Vita games to your download list anyway! When that PSVitaTV comes out, you'll have a huge backlog!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

crap, I think my ps+ sub is up today, completely forgot to renew. If I do it later this week, will I lose any of my old games like Demons Souls or will they just reactivate?

I thought I would have to re-purchase games again but obviously wouldn't have access to back catalogue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Klair88 wrote: »
    I Hope all of you PS+ Guys without a Vita have been adding those Vita games to your download list anyway! When that PSVitaTV comes out, you'll have a huge backlog!

PS Vita TV Announcement Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4wUH5Pjp9M

For those of you who may have had to Google it, like myself.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    crap, I think my ps+ sub is up today, completely forgot to renew. If I do it later this week, will I lose any of my old games like Demons Souls or will they just reactivate?

I thought I would have to re-purchase games again but obviously wouldn't have access to back catalogue?

All games will just re-appear in your download list. You haven't lost anything! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sheehy83 wrote: »

Their terms say you might but in reality you won't as they not taken anything off people yet.

Better now than later as the 15 months for the price of 12 is still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Excellent, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Varik wrote: »
    Their terms say you might but in reality you won't as they not taken anything off people yet.

Better now than later as the 15 months for the price of 12 is still going.

Not any more. Their terms now state that you will get them all back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RangeR wrote: »
    Not any more. Their terms now state that you will get them all back.

Not sure where you read that but the TOS off their site still say that you might not. Version 6.1 (July 2013)

http://legaldoc.dl.playstation.net/ps3-eula/psn/e/e_tosua_en.html
    If you do not renew your subscription immediately at the end of each Subscription Period, but later renew your subscription, you may lose your rights to access any Type 2 PlayStation Plus Elements.

Type 2 is the good stuff.

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure where you read that but the TOS off their site still say that you might not. Version 6.1 (July 2013)

http://legaldoc.dl.playstation.net/ps3-eula/psn/e/e_tosua_en.html

Type 2 is the good stuff.

Well, I found it while writing the FAQ. It's here.
    Will I get access to my PlayStation Plus games if I renew my subscription after it has lapsed?

Yes, upon renewal of your subscription you will get access to your PlayStation Plus games. We recommend you take advantage of automatic renewal to ensure you don't miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Damien360 wrote: »
    I am struggling to love jak 1. The camera control is awful. It makes some of the jumps a genuine leap in the dark. Currently trying to get 200 pounds of fish and debating deleting the game after this if it fails to improve. I will give 2 and 3 a blast but if the camera is the same, it's gone.

jak 1 does have its problems alright. the camera isnt the best and he runs too slow. the 200 pounds of fish game is so frustrating lol..took me about 6 tries:mad:

MarkY91 wrote: »
    jak 1 does have its problems alright. the camera isnt the best and he runs too slow. the 200 pounds of fish game is so frustrating lol..took me about 6 tries:mad:

The fish catching is easy enough on the Vita as you can use the touch screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, after installing jak and daxter few days ago I gave it a fast go. After finishing tutorial I completely hated the game and still could not understand the point of the game.
    I gave it a another go today. I remembered right away why that times 3d platformers sucked ass. You can't judge the jumps, camera controls are just terrible making navigation even harder, proper second analog stick camera controls not invented yet, frame rate is dodgy and you need to use a separate mode to look around...
    And I god damn love this game now. :) with all its shortcomings, it still has that old school charm. Exploration, mini games, different objectives and trials, collectables, no mmorpg type bull**** filler quests. Its just damn fun.
    I still prefer ratchet and clank games, but looks like I will stick with jak for so,e time for sure. God bless PS+ again, or I would not have tried it ever in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i currently cant defeat that monster that throws boulders at you. its mainly me jumping into the lava by dodgy controls after the monsters 3rd collapse into the lava...i had to turn the ps3 off before i punched my tv lol. loving jak and daxter and hating it at the same time :D

ps+ really is capturing my love for gaming again with the recent release of need for speed, uncharted, jak and assassins creed. im finally out of my call of duty rutt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah a mate of mine from the UK introduced me to plus didn't even know about it, I should kiss him really played some amazing games i would have never bought before Spec Ops the Line was fantastic, (thought it was just another COD clone), Assasins Creed 3 has restored my confidence in the series too hated relevations and thought they ruined the series apperently not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

is the 3mths free with 12mths psplus offer still valid? no mention in the psstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

has anyone had problems getting online with their vita yesterday.

I havent tried it today yet as I'm in work but yesterday it wouldnt connect to my wifi for some reason.

My other devices were online fine like the ipad and phone etc but Vita kept giving an error. (cant remember the error message at the moment but kept giving the usual speil of turn off and on again and your lan on and off again etc.)

I have ps plus membership so all updates are on there fine.

Any ideas?

cheers...

ps maybe it'll be grand this evening when I get home? :confused:

• Advertisement

I havent tried it today yet as I'm in work but yesterday it wouldnt connect to my wifi for some reason.

My other devices were online fine like the ipad and phone etc but Vita kept giving an error. (cant remember the error message at the moment but kept giving the usual speil of turn off and on again and your lan on and off again etc.)

Any ideas?

cheers...

Create a Personal Hotspot with your phone or iPad and see if it can connect to that.

sweetie wrote: »
    is the 3mths free with 12mths psplus offer still valid? no mention in the psstore.

My subs auto renewed last week. I didn't get the 3 months free.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Any ideas?

cheers...

this happened me all day yesterday, it would go online in browsers, twitter, etc but wouldn't connect to PSN.It was error NW-2285-7 or something similar.

I shut down and restarted and went fine then.

Klair88 wrote: »
    Create a Personal Hotspot with your phone or iPad and see if it can connect to that.

Will try that when I get home cheers. Never thought to try it tbh

this happened me all day yesterday, it would go online in browsers, twitter, etc but wouldn't connect to PSN.It was error NW-2285-7 or something similar.

I shut down and restarted and went fine then.

I'm not sure of the error but it wasnt allowing me to go on to the web or on to ps store for some reason.

Games worked grand obviously but wouldnt give leaderboards etc..

I did try turning the vita off and on again a few times but no joy.

Maybe it was just yesterday though. I'll try again when I get home and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Available until the 20th iirc.

Still there on the store at least.

9a8fad19e71a67813eeae7aac3e93aae.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RangeR wrote: »
    My subs auto renewed last week. I didn't get the 3 months free.

I'd get onto Sony about that.
    I bought 12 months yesterday and got the 3 months on top.

Mod:
    This it the PS+ discussion thread - issues with vita/online/not PS+ belong in their own threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I renewed at the weekend and it was included. I think it's supposed to last till the 20th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

What Vita games can I download right now on PS+ on the VITA?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

FutureGuy wrote: »
    What Vita games can I download right now on PS+ on the VITA?

Have you had PS+ for long?
    If you've had it a while, you can log in here to see what you are entitled to.
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games

Or just subscribing now?
    Games available for free now are New Little Kings Story, Stealth Inc., Uncharted - Golden Abyss and Jak and Daxter Trilogy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement