Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just got an E-Mail saying Far Cry 3 will be the Game of the Month on PS+ next month!!! Didn't mention any others.

Arse! I was going to trade it in yesterday against GTA V but didn't and went for something else instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

so, PS Plus EU or NA? which is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    so, PS Plus EU or NA? which is better?

Don't think like that. They are both excellent. Some months are better than others, regardless of territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Bought Spelunky couple weeks back (with PS Plus discount) but was umming and arring whether to buy it or not - basically pondering 'will it be free on PS+ soon?'

Prime example of first world problems! Anyone else postpone buying a game off PSN just in case it came out on plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Niska wrote: »
    Bought Spelunky couple weeks back (with PS Plus discount) but was umming and arring whether to buy it or not - basically pondering 'will it be free on PS+ soon?'

Prime example of first world problems! Anyone else postpone buying a game off PSN just in case it came out on plus?

When I got my vita a few weeks ago PS+ had uncharted. I would have bought it otherwise so glad I didnt get the vita a few weeks previous to that or I would have been pissed!

Is there a list of whats already been released on it so I'm not waiting on one thats already been released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Leaving PS Plus:
    25th September: Assassin’s Creed 3
    25th September: Saints Row the Third
    25th September: Payday: The Heist
    25th September: Urban Trials
    25th September: New Little Kings Story

Entering PS Plus:
    25th September: Far Cry 3
    25th September: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
    25th September: Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
    25th September: Street Fighter X Tekken
    25th September: Touch My Katamari

Only one that interests me there is Far Cry 3 which I already have but can trade in my physical copy now. Far Cry 3 is f*cking brilliant just in case people haven't played it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

PS3; Far Cry 3, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen

Vita; Street Fighter X Tekken & Touch My Katamari

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/17/playstation-plus-in-october-far-cry-3-street-fighter-x-tekken-lead-the-way/

I need a vita

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Dragons Dogma! From what I've heard, that's supposed to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

PS3; Far Cry 3, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen

Vita; Street Fighter X Tekken & Touch My Katamari

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/17/playstation-plus-in-october-far-cry-3-street-fighter-x-tekken-lead-the-way/

I need a vita

Cool!!

I nearly bought street fighter x tekken for my 360 but never got around to it and I nearly bought it for Vita the other night but decided not to bother and kept playing uncharted instead.

Delighted thats coming. Touch my Katamari I know nothing about but free is free so it'll be a download.

Kinda glad theres no big adventure game on the list this month as I still have to finish uncharted and gravity rush.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tok9 wrote: »
    Dragons Dogma! From what I've heard, that's supposed to be very good

You heard correct.

• Advertisement

Niska wrote: »

My PSN purchases have gone to almost zero since I signed up to PS+ [Day 1 purchase]. I also don't purchase disk versions of anything anymore. I spend not much more than €50 a year on my gaming and I'm happy. I don't have much time to game these days. I purchase the odd extra thing but nothing much.

Compare that to before PS+. I used to spend about €30 a month. That equates to about, let's say, €400 a year, including actual games and DLC. That doesn't include disk based games that I used to purchase before they were available on PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Looks like an excellent update this month. I've already completed Far Cry 3 but I'll be interested in Giana Sisters and the Street Fighter game on the VITA.

I own Dragons Dogma but only got an hour into it. It just did not click with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen! Excellent, another game I was meaning to buy anyway. If it gives out Tomb Raider and Dishonored before my sub runs out next year I'll be sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Far Cry 3, what a game, might trade it in towards GTA V now. Always liked the look of Dragon's Dogma too.

Xbox would really want to get the finger out, they're giving Rainbow 6: Vegas this week. That's a great game too but its 7 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Was borderline getting tekken this week, thanks sony

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder will SFXT be cross buy as well. Or is that being too greedy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

My sub just ran out, us the free 3 month offer still running?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Great line-up next month. Was disappointed when I read Far Cry 3 as I (like most, Id guess) have played it already, but Dragons Dogma and Giana Sisters are two games I've had my eye on for ages but know there would always have been something else to distract me away from them. Now I will - hopefully - get around to giving them a whirl. They're the kind of games there should be more of on PSN+ - the small, cult releases that would bypass people by otherwise. **** the AAA releases, more niche!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

phobia2011 wrote: »
    My sub just ran out, us the free 3 month offer still running?

Till Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Omg too damn good. Far cry 3! And Dragon's Dogma DA! I played the original sooo good. *swoon*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Another great month for PS+. Back when I worked in a game store, I'd buy nearly every big game that came out - most of which I'd never find the time to actually play. Thankfully I held off on buying all of the games in this month and next month's collection. PS+ is really paying off.

My big question is, how good will it be on the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

cleared and sold far cry 3 so its a ****e month for me :(..FC3 is one of my favourite games ever. just an amazing story and fun game to play. think im gona try platinum it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

My brother bought a vita so looking for a months ps plus if anyone has one spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

goin to buy the years sub will the 90days be added on after i purchase it, cant see where it says it on the psn store but it says it here

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/20/playstation-plus-on-ps4-the-revolution-continues/

its there any link or discount code that i need to apply?

Maybe they took it down a day early. They do this sometimes. In fairness, ye left it a tad late.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭batistuta9

it was still on the store this morning going through the PS3

i couldn't see where it said it either in the web version weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

RangeR wrote: »
    Maybe they took it down a day early. They do this sometimes. In fairness, ye left it a tad late.

It's a bit unfair to put the blame with the poster here. Perhaps they were waiting until payday to purchase, you don't know. They were relying on a statement made by Sony which they have potentially went back on and left some people in the lurch.

it's still there, on the website click playstation plus and it's the middle ad in the banner

actually: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games/psplus

batistuta9 wrote: »
    it's still there, on the website click playstation plus and it's the middle ad in the banner

actually: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games/psplus

But clicking on the banner brings you to purchasing choices that do not include the extra 90 days.

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    But clicking on the banner brings you to purchasing choices that do not include the extra 90 days.

that's what i was on about before when i said "i couldn't see where it said it either in the web version weeks back"
    I don't think it ever showed up in the purchasing part

but it's saying it on the banner so it should work, someone is bound to have gotten though so should know

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement