Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I don't think it ever showed up in the purchasing part

It did. I saw it there at least once. not a banner, but an object available to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,183 ✭✭✭batistuta9

RangeR wrote: »
    It did. I saw it there at least once. not a banner, but an object available to purchase.

maybe it did then

but just after it was mentioned here i was looking at it & couldn't see any mention of it on the purchase page, i thought the star beside subscription at the top related to it but no, that's just telling you 1 year = 365 days

it's worth the risk trying it still anyway:
    worst case: you buy something that you'd buy anyway. if a little early
    best: get the 90 extra days with it

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Far Cry 3 is amazing, it was my favorite game from 2012. I've never heard of the other games bar Dragons Dogma which looks kind of interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Far Cry 3 is amazing, it was my favorite game from 2012. I've never heard of the other games bar Dragons Dogma which looks kind of interesting.

Try the Dragons Dogma demo. Its quite a long one and your save carries over to the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i cant wait until we get far cry 3. i cleared it already and sold it but its just amazing. its up there with TLOU for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The 1 year + 90 days offer is still on. My expiry date just went from July 2014 to October 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The 1 year + 90 days offer is still on. My expiry date just went from July 2014 to October 2015

Just wondering, where in the ps3 menu do you go to check the remaining time on your subscription?

I just went by the expiry date of the Plus games on
    https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/cam/media/media-list.action

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Just wondering, where in the ps3 menu do you go to check the remaining time on your subscription?

On the XMB go to:

1. Account Management (off PlayStation Network)

2. Transaction Management

3. Service List

4. In Service List scroll to PlayStation Plus select the Subscription option and it will display the information on you PS+ sub including expiry date (05/06/2015 for me).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Leaving PS Plus:
    25th September: Assassin’s Creed 3
    25th September: Saints Row the Third
    25th September: Payday: The Heist
    25th September: Urban Trials
    25th September: New Little Kings Story

Urban Trials shows up as €15 for me, anyone else getting that?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

EnterNow wrote: »

Maybe it's the ps3 version. Vita version the one we got for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

EnterNow wrote: »

I got it for Vita this month free and have to say have played the hell out of it.

I'd have got my 15quids worth out of it if I had to pay it.

Nice pick up and play game for small bursts if ya know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Maybe it's the ps3 version. Vita version the one we got for free.

I just clicked the link that says it's leaving Plus on the 25th, & it took me to that version. It's the only one showing up via a search too, maybe the Vita one is gone already?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/urban-trial-freestyle/cid=EP4385-PCSB00038_00-UTFPSVEU0MC70100

That's the vita link.

Seems to be a problem with the search feature. If you type in the search box and games appear in the dropdown, it doesn't have all the games. So you actually have to click the search button to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm sure this has been asked in here before but I just can't seem to find the answer...

Can an external hard drive be used to store ps3 games that have been downloaded from the psn? This plus offer has left me with a serious backlog!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Can an external hard drive be used to store ps3 games that have been downloaded from the psn? This plus offer has left me with a serious backlog!

No, external harddrives cannot be used to store games.

However, the internal harddrive can be replaced easily enough so I would look into that if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Query for the thread

I got a PS3 during the summer and got 90 days PSN, to be honest barely touch the playstation. But GTA renewed my interest.

I downloaded some games like BF3 when they came online, Assassins Creed and Payday, along with Mafia I just got aswell. Do these games stay with me indefinitly, or are they just like trials? I notice I can still play BF3.

Also in terms of the subscription itself, does it auto renew like Xbox, or does it expire? It feels like over 3 months since I got my console, just wondering does it renew.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The first post answers most, if not all, of those questions.

You can set it to auto renew or not, in your account settings -> Subscriptions, if I'm not mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

You can set it to auto renew or not, in your account settings -> Subscriptions, if I'm not mistaken.

You can alright , turned my auto renew off after I got the 12+3 months a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Clover wrote: »
    You can alright , turned my auto renew off after I got the 12+3 months a few weeks back.

must remember to turn off my auto-renew before May 2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Anyone have a 30 day trial code? Thanks

So ready for PSN to be really slow tomorrow? :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So ready for PSN to be really slow tomorrow? :)

Slow? It won't be there. You didn't hear about the scheduled maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

sweetie wrote: »
    must remember to turn off my auto-renew before May 2016!

Wow, your sub runs til then?
    I bought 2 years + 180 days last week which brings me up to Mar 2016 and I thought I was being excessive :-)

Slow? It won't be there. You didn't hear about the scheduled maintenance?

Heard something after I posted but I can only see about the US version. Don't see anything on twitter or the EU blog about EU PSN being down

Read it here
    Sony have announced a new period of PSN maintenance that will occur from Wednesday 25th September from 15:00 until Thursday 26th September 03:00 BST.

Yep, that’s slap bang in the middle of when the PSN store is usually updated, and also the time when this month’s PlayStation Plus content is rotated out and replaced by Far Cry 3, Street Fighter X Tekken and chums.

For the duration of the maintenance you will be unable to log into the PlayStation Network, Account Management and the PS Store. PS Home will also be unavailable. Sony also say there may be some additional downtime after the maintenance period for testing purposes.

As you are probably aware the downtime is organised by Sony Japan and it’s usually scheduled to provide minimum disruption for that market. This is seems like an increasingly bad idea when Sony’s main stronghold is now Europe, they really should be scheduling things around us, not Japan.

Source Linky
    PSN Maintenance scheduled for Wednesday 25th September [ Edited ]
    Options
    ‎23-09-2013 03:37 PM - edited ‎23-09-2013 10:52 PM

Hi guys,

There is PSN Maintenance scheduled for Wednesday 25th September from 15:00 until Thursday 26th September 03:00 BST

For the duration of the maintenance you will be unable to log into the PlayStation Network, Account Management and the PS Store. PS Home will also be unavailable.

Some users may be able to sign in however, the services listed above will still be unavailable during the maintenance window.

There may be some additional downtime after the maintenance period for testing purposes.

Any questions please ask.

SFZ

I know they say it's a Japan schedule, but you'd think they'd at least do it on a different day.
    Wonder when they update their PSN since i think the US updates on Tuesdays

• Advertisement

They're actually available now.

So if you want it now, you have over 3 hours to download 6.3GB for Far Cry 3. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement