Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My internet too slow to download before maintenance time, about 270 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I know i'm a bit late to try add the 12 months plus 3 free but just got paid. Is it still available? From searching online it doesnt appear to be

EDIT never mind i see it ended on the 21st!!! DAMMIT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Far Cry 3? Nice one. I had no idea it was being added

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

RobertKK wrote: »
    My internet too slow to download before maintenance time, about 270 minutes.

I think if you're logged in before the maintenance starts you stay logged in and even if your not it should pick up where it left off.

I think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

jones wrote: »
    I know i'm a bit late to try add the 12 months plus 3 free but just got paid. Is it still available? From searching online it doesnt appear to be

EDIT never mind i see it ended on the 21st!!! DAMMIT

I'd be surprised if some sort of offer wasn't on the table around PS4 launch time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In case anyone's wondering, I checked and unfortunately we don't get the PS3 version of SF X Tekken as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ive a problem with far cry 3..i hope someone can help.

so at the start of the year i bought and completed the game then sold it. i deleted the update but KEPT the save data. im looking at 3 save datas still on my ps3 from then. i downloaded far cry 3 today assuming i could load my completed game(to get the 10 or so trophies i had left) but nope..i had no option but to click "new game"...now ill have to complete the whole game again and collect all the relics(i had most of them)

any solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone having trouble signing onto PSN?

-- EDIT --

Just saw an article saying there was a 6 hour maintenance scheduled for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Anyone having trouble signing onto PSN?

PSN is down for maintenance.
    Check the previous page of the thread, I think it will be available tomorrow.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    PSN is down for maintenance.
    Check the previous page of the thread, I think it will be available tomorrow.

I always find it strange that they do this on the day that the Store updates. Its almost like they don't want our money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

To download farcry 3 is one thing.... Installing it is freaking another one now! :eek: Takes ages!!!

I dont know why I even downloaded it... I got like Diablo 3,Last of us and GTA 5 to work with... Hoarding is a serious condition...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To download farcry 3 is one thing.... Installing it is freaking another one now! :eek: Takes ages!!!

I dont know why I even downloaded it... I got like Diablo 3,Last of us and GTA 5 to work with... Hoarding is a serious condition...

Because you never know when you might want to play it. What if you suddenly thought "I wouldn't mind trying Far Cry 3" and then you have to download and install it? At least now you're prepared for such a scenario occurring. :)

And no, I'm not just trying to justify myself doing something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Another solid PS+ update. Managed to subscribe to the US PS+ too for more games that i might never potentially play! PS+ is the reason why I cancelled my PS4 preorder this year! too many games to play on my backlog!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Wonder will we be able to log into ps+ on both ps3 and ps4 at same time???

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Wonder will we be able to log into ps+ on both ps3 and ps4 at same time???

I'd say so. You can currently log into it on the PS3 and VITA simultaneously.

downloading Far cry now, looks like a 3-3,5 hour exercise to download and install.

Dragon's Dogma id more than 11 GB!!!! All night long then (and I need to start playing again, as next month I will run out of space. . .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

God damn it...i just bought Dragons Dogma from the PSN three days ago :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Kiith wrote: »
    God damn it...i just bought Dragons Dogma from the PSN three days ago :mad:

it was announced 10 days ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's not making me feel any better :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Anybody have any problems installing far cry 3?
    Mine was stuck on 61% overnight, controller wouldn't connect, power switch wouldn't turn off the ps, had to disconnect the power supply at the back and try again:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I think my total download and install time for farcry 3 and dragons dogma was 6 hours on wednesday. Im on UPC. I really recommend them, no slowdown as far as Ive been with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Why don't you just buy a physical copy of the game? :confused:

I guess an old guy like me doesn't get the craze of downloads. I just go to bed and leave a big download running and it's done when I wake up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Why don't you just buy a physical copy of the game? :confused:

These are the "free" PS+ games, why would you buy the disk? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Another solid PS+ update. Managed to subscribe to the US PS+ too for more games that i might never potentially play! PS+ is the reason why I cancelled my PS4 preorder this year! too many games to play on my backlog!

Is there much diffrence on the US playstation plus i have a US account too but I never use it much

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Is there much diffrence on the US playstation plus i have a US account too but I never use it much

I think Europe gets the better games, the Americans seem to be getting the short end of the stick in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I don't know how they can top this months games. I really can't think of what games there are left for psn+. But I know in 20 or so days my jaw will hit the floor again.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I think my total download and install time for farcry 3 and dragons dogma was 6 hours on wednesday. Im on UPC. I really recommend them, no slowdown as far as Ive been with them.

no UPC where I live, unfortunately.
    It took a little less than 3 hours for Far Cry, dunno for Dragon's Dogma, I started downloading around midnight last night, woke up in the morning it had finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

what are peoples impressions of street fighter x tekken on the vita. im finding it really hard to do the standard moves with the analogue and its impossible with the D pad because its so close to the left analogue. any finding the same?
    also is touch my katamari worth downloading?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    what are peoples impressions of street fighter x tekken on the vita. im finding it really hard to do the standard moves with the analogue and its impossible with the D pad because its so close to the left analogue. any finding the same?

Thought it was fiddly alright. The inputs for the Tekken characters are all new too which is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I don't know how they can top this months games. I really can't think of what games there are left for psn+. But I know in 20 or so days my jaw will hit the floor again.

Let us hope. There's not enough words to praise the PS+ service. I discovered games i wouldn't of otherwise played, and loved them, through PS+.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement