Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is this a good offer;
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007NVGWV0/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?qid=1380318060&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Or does anybody else have a better/cheaper alternative ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Is this a good offer;
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007NVGWV0/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?qid=1380318060&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Very good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Is this a good offer;

Does ps3 even read more than 1tb? Edit: woops thought that said 2.5 tb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Is this a good offer;

Good brand, good price, good size. I've used this to upgrade my launch model PS3 from 60gb to 1tb; I can vouch for it working just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Hotline Miami is in the US PS+ so there is a chance it might be in the November EU update. I remember Fred or Jawad from the EU Blog saying one of Hotline Miami, Guacamelee and another game I can't recall would be coming soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ssba91

Animo wrote: »
    Hotline Miami is in the US PS+ so there is a chance it might be in the November EU update. I remember Fred or Jawad from the EU Blog saying one of Hotline Miami, Guacamelee and another game I can't recall would be coming soon.

Said it was between them 2 and the PSP Resistance game. Reading through some comments one person noticed that Jawad already said no to Resistance, and that Hotline Miami isn't in all the countries, so it was likely to be Guacamelee.

ssba91 wrote: »
    Said it was between them 2 and the PSP Resistance game. Reading through some comments one person noticed that Jawad already said no to Resistance, and that Hotline Miami isn't in all the countries, so it was likely to be Guacamelee.

Ah damn. I've bought and platinumed Guacamelee and while I've finished HLM on PC I wouldn't have minded playing it on Vita. I'll keep my fingers crossed sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I haven't finished many games lately but I got to the end of AC3 recently and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would after quitting revelations about a third of the way.

I played Spec: Ops start to finish over the last few days and that was pretty good too.

Now I've started Dragons dogma and I'm liking it, reminds me a bit of Demons souls just not as bloody hard and confusing.

All freeeeeee cheers Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Hotline Miami would be nice for November, I would love if we got Tomb Raider, we can always hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

EGriff wrote: »
    I haven't finished many games lately but I got to the end of AC3 recently and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would after quitting revelations about a third of the way.

Good to hear. I've just started AC Revelations having just finished AC Brotherhood and AC2 before that. I loved ACB and AC2 but I'm not loving ACR. Too many bloody cut scenes.
    I've read some mixed reports on AC3 but downloaded it yesterday and think I'll just fast forward to that instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Yep thanks for that, gonna start AC3 after finishing Spec Ops and just platinumed Jak and Daxter !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

AC3 is a bit of a slog for the first few hours, there's a prologue and intro, but once you get to the main game it's very good. I played all the ship missions too which I thought I was going to hate.

I'd like if we got Tomb Raider in the next few months too, it's a game I'm not likely to buy but I still want a go of, perfect for PS+.

Finished Specs Ops there the other night. Really enjoyable and difficult enough in parts on Suicide difficulty. You can't just run and gun. YOu have to be smart, use cover and your team mates when you can. I'm thinking of playing it on Fubar but I've heard it is frustratingly difficult. Anyone here beat it on Fubar?

Finished Specs Ops there the other night. Really enjoyable and difficult enough in parts on Suicide difficulty. You can't just run and gun. YOu have to be smart, use cover and your team mates when you can. I'm thinking of playing it on Fubar but I've heard it is frustratingly difficult. Anyone here beat it on Fubar?

Yeah great game alright, character development and story were super.
    Just finished it, no time for replaying, backlog too big and you are fubar if you try that.

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Yeah i did and got the platinum! It certainly is very difficult and frustrating. Absolutely NO Run and gunning can be done. Constant cover is what you need and you essentially battle for checkpoint to checkpoint.

Your squad are the worst though. I found you can't really rely on them because if you order them to kill some enemy they pull out of cover, get shot and need to be revived. Which is very very hard to do on FUBAR.

Very tough on the hardest difficulty but if you survived Suicide mission and are up for a challenge the go for it! :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Klair88 wrote: »
    Yeah i did and got the platinum!

+1 :P

Just take your time and pick your moments to move.
    Be very selective about giving orders to your squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

hows the lads who never played fary cry 3 liking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

MarkY91 wrote: »
    with gta5 and fifa 14 there just isnt enough time to even start far cry 3

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Ain't nobody got time fo Dat. GTA V and BF4!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Enjoying it, not a fan of FPS usually but this is good so far. Decent story to it which helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do you think we'll get a discount on Rain?

its one of my favorutie games ever. i urge you to play it :P. im holding out on fifa14 until i get the ps4

ok so i want to play uncharted 3. there seems to be 5 different downloads. single player/multiplayer/2d/3d and something else. whats the story here? i just wana play the storymode so is just the single player download enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

ok so i want to play uncharted 3. there seems to be 5 different downloads. single player/multiplayer/2d/3d and something else. whats the story here? i just wana play the storymode so is just the single player download enough?

There's a whole heap of files to download for this, around 30GB if I remember correctly. I think most of it is made up of cinematic cutscenes in HD, It took me about 5 hours to download on 50 meg BroadBand, left it running over night. Game is well worth it though.

van_beano wrote: »
    There's a whole heap of files to download for this, around 30GB if I remember correctly. I think most of it is made up of cinematic cutscenes in HD, It took me about 5 hours to download on 50 meg BroadBand, left it running over night. Game is well worth it though.

do i HAVE to download online and 3d? i dont even have a 3dtv :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

do i HAVE to download online and 3d? i dont even have a 3dtv :(

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Assassins creed with guns. My housemates were watching me try to take an outpost undetected and found it hilarious when in my panic to stop an enemy walking towards me I tried to throw a stone but hit him in the face so he yelled "oh ****"

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Loving fc3 cant belive im only getting it now

Only getting going in it, FC3 that is, for an island it seems to be quite large !!

• Advertisement

Anyone else experience screen tearing in Far Cry 3?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement