Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

eddhorse wrote: »
    Anyone else experience screen tearing in Far Cry 3?

That's the way it is. It has V sync off to keep the frame rates high and that's the trade off. You can see why the next generation of consoles is year or so over due.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That's the way it is. It has V sync off to keep the frame rates high and that's the trade off. You can see why the next generation of consoles is year or so over due.

It is pretty unbearable at times, switching my TV to gaming mode seems to have helped slightly, bring on the new consoles..

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Hey guys I got this email from psn
    We just wanted to let you know that we are making some changes to your PlayStation®Plus membership. In order to make it easier for you to track your renewal date, PlayStation®Plus memberships are moving to calendar months so that each renewal will happen on the same day of the month.
    From 10th October, your membership will automatically renew at the end of each 3 month membership period, instead of 90 days, and you will be charged in accordance with the SEN Terms of Service and User Agreement (eu.playstation.com/legal/).
    The cost of your membership will remain the same at €14.99.
    We hope that you continue to enjoy PlayStation®Plus.

Just a heads up, shouldn't be a problem to people subscribed for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Hey guys I got this email from psn

Just a heads up, shouldn't be a problem to people subscribed for years.

Got the same one yesterday, but as a yearly sub, so the relevant terms were different

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It means that unless you subscribe on that first day while you're paying for 12 months (or whatever) you only getting 11 and a bit dependant on when you subscribed.

• Advertisement

http://youtu.be/l3Ryqe9Si2s

Playing Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams at the moment on PS+, smart platformer where you switch between worlds on the screen to access different things. Anyone else playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Playing Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams at the moment on PS+, smart platformer where you switch between worlds on the screen to access different things. Anyone else playing it?

I downloaded it and was looking forward to playing but then PES 2014 and GTA V came along. Is it good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Love what I have played of it so far, not long into it, but good sign that even when I constantly fail to switch between worlds/sisters quick enough for tricky gems, I still plod away and don't get irritated. That's good for me and my aged reflexes! That and my kids can all play it, a nice change after far cry 3. Unless the sisters start stabbing people in the neck, dropping the f bomb further into the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Only got to about the Eight level so far. Really enjoyed what I've played of it and quite hard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Nope although I had the original on the Commodore 64 if that counts? :D

• Advertisement

I saw the original, it looked very like a mario clone ! Very similar !
    This is tricky enough, you do have to die a few times in places to figure some things out ! I've given up collecting all gems, killed Hansel and Gretal and onto world 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

From NeoGAF
    Leaving PS+:
    23. October: Far Cry 3
    23. October: Mafia 2
    23. October: Spec Ops The Line
    23. October: Street Fighter X Tekken
    23. October: Touch My Katamari

Coming to PS+
    23. October: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    23. October: Remember Me
    23. October: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
    23. October: MotorStorm RC

Originally from here

EDIT: EU Blog now updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

No interest in Metal Gear, wouldn't mind giving Remember Me a go but didn't get the best reviews. I'd prefer the 2D Oddworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

sheehy83 wrote: »
    No interest in Metal Gear, wouldn't mind giving Remember Me a go but didn't get the best reviews. I'd prefer the 2D Oddworld.

I am delighted MG Rising is there I was going to buy it last week and I think it looks really good.When I seen Oddworld I was thinking we already had it but I think that is PS vita

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Every month you think it can't get better then it does. PS+is the reason I'm waiting unitl next year to get a PS4 - too many games to play through on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

PS3 games are amazing, they keep topping themselves every month.

Vita games are very meh though... Just give us Disgaea 3/Persona 4/Muramasa already! Or even if they started going through the PSP back catalogue, that could be interesting.

I think Motorstorm is Crossplay so we'll probably have that for the ps3 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Not too bad. Look forward to Motorstorm on the Vita.

Question; in the comments on the PSBlog site, what is everyone on about when they're asking what Gravity Rush and Uncharted will be replaced with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

pretty ****e ps+ lineup then..in my opinion

dissapointing to day the least

Not too bad. Look forward to Motorstorm on the Vita.

Question; in the comments on the PSBlog site, what is everyone on about when they're asking what Gravity Rush and Uncharted will be replaced with?
    Gravity Rush and Uncharted were the games that were meant to be there for a year, and that year is expiring next month, so 2 new games should take their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Gravity Rush and Uncharted were the games that were meant to be there for a year, and that year is expiring next month, so 2 new games should take their place.

Ah right, cheers. Though I thought they were only added last month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Metal Gear Rising is pretty good. Pretty short and it does have its issues, namely the camera can be pretty bad and blocking (which is a must in some cases) can be difficult enough to get right, but overall it's a pretty enjoyable game, especially for free.

Ah right, cheers. Though I thought they were only added last month?
    Nope, they were the first two games on it when PS Plus was launched for the Vita.

SF X Tekken and Katamari were the ones added last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Awesome... Was hoping for MGR. Oddworld should keep me entertained too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Revengeance is a delight - not quite offering Bayonetta depth, but still delightfully ridiculous and entertaining.

Stranger's Wrath is a gem.

Remember Me is one of those games that is perfect for PSN - a curio Im interested in trying but probably would never get around to buying it. Now, finding the time to play it and the increasingly hilarious backlog :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I stopped myself buying MG Rising recently because I wondered if it would be on PS+ soon. Delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,094 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Okay, that's it. Who's willing to pay my salary for a year so I can take time off and at least put a bit of a dent in my backlog? :)

Was just thinking that we'll probably get the list of November games next week. was a surprise when saw the tweet today.

Both PS3 games I want. Was looking at Remember me in smyths at the weekend for €19.99. I liked the concept though i know it wasn't getting great reviews. And Rising was another I wanted to play. The demo was fun. Haven't played the other MGS but I've a feeling they're not really necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,094 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I stopped myself buying MG Rising recently because I wondered if it would be on PS+ soon. Delighted with that.

That's how most non purchases seem to occur now.
    "Ooh wouldn't mind getting that, though it'll probably be on Plus soon"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Disappointed as this is the first PS+ month where I already own both Vita games. Just unlucky I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Just got a vita and ps+ last week. I have a lot of gaming to get through the new two weeks before the games change!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Was hoping Remember Me would make it for a few months now. Always wanted to play it as it's my type of game, the whole dystopian future setting but didn't want to buy it from the mixed reviews even though it is going cheap on Amazon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement