Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wasn't Strangers Wrath on it before? I have it and don't think I bought it. Or is it the vita version?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ShaneU wrote: »
    Wasn't Strangers Wrath on it before? I have it and don't think I bought it. Or is it the vita version?

Yeah I have it too, I think is was heavily discounted but not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,094 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

this Oddworld is the Vita version. we got PS3 version before

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Delighted as usual with next months game, I was hoping Metal Gear would be added sooner and later, Remember Me looks interesting as does Strangers Wrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

jonny666 wrote: »
    Just got a vita and ps+ last week. I have a lot of gaming to get through the new two weeks before the games change!

AFAIK you just need to download this months games before the games change and you have the games to play whenever you want as long as your PS plus subscription doesn't expire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,183 ✭✭✭batistuta9

mystic86 wrote: »
    AFAIK you just need to download this months games before the games change and you have the games to play whenever you want as long as your PS plus subscription doesn't expire.

you've to 'purchase' them just so they're in your list, you don't need to download them

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Sweet MS:R, don't care for Remember Me. But nice one. What's the third ps3 game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Does anyone have that list handy for everything we've gotten so far from PS Plus? Getting a Vita in a while and I just want to check what games I'll have for it.

Does anyone have that list handy for everything we've gotten so far from PS Plus? Getting a Vita in a while and I just want to check what games I'll have for it.

www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ps3-discussion/198601-list-eu-playstation-plus-igc-free-games.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Unless you "purchased" those Vita games at the time that they were free you won't be able to play them now. If you did purchase them then you can see exactly what you have in your purchase history on the PS Store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

PlayStation Plus is Now Free for 15 Days on the Japanese PSN, Here’s How to Get it with 148 Games http://t.co/7ES0bgp703

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If those instructions are accurate and up to date than Harmful Park is currently available. Oh yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Delighted with Remember Me, been planning on getting that for a while.
    For anyone that's interested, there's a very high quality back-story here:

http://journal.remembermegame.com/en/

Hit F11 and watch in full-screen.

If those instructions are accurate and up to date than Harmful Park is currently available. Oh yes!

Yeah might be best to make another thread about it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

eddhorse wrote: »
    Yeah might be best to make another thread about it?

Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

van_beano wrote: »
    Unless you "purchased" those Vita games at the time that they were free you won't be able to play them now. If you did purchase them then you can see exactly what you have in your purchase history on the PS Store

I know that! :P

My purchase history is at least 3000 items long so that would have taken aaaages to look through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I know that! :P

My purchase history is at least 3000 items long so that would have taken aaaages to look through.

Haha I apologise, it's bad enough having a gaming backlog without some eejit inadvertently pointing out the said backlog. Good complaint though. It's safe to say that you won't be purchasing any physical games for the Vita!

Nearly finished Giana Sisters, said I'd give Dragons Dogma a go, anyone far into this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

eddhorse wrote: »
    said I'd give Dragons Dogma a go, anyone far into this yet?

I played a few hours of it. It's ok, very unforgiving, I keep dying and finding myself back at a checkpoint ages back from where I was. Also a few times I've been sauntering along the road when some huge creature comes out of nowhere and kills my whole party. Way too much walking too since the fast travel system is a bit crappy.

The combat is fun though and the pawn system is cool. I'm not sure if I'll stick with it.

EGriff wrote: »
    I played a few hours of it. It's ok, very unforgiving, I keep dying and finding myself back at a checkpoint ages back from where I was. Also a few times I've been sauntering along the road when some huge creature comes out of nowhere and kills my whole party. Way too much walking too since the fast travel system is a bit crappy.

The combat is fun though and the pawn system is cool. I'm not sure if I'll stick with it.

Yeah I saw a few reviews where they said that there is no fast travel so you have to go on foot all the way back on a massive map, plus the enemies respawn in the same places so you have to battle them back and forth.

I do like the team you can have to battle enemies and also climb up bosses like Shadow of the Colossus.
    Seems less lonely than Dark Souls.

This is the angry review, he is a bit annoying but makes good points :
    http://youtu.be/bGlgpncvNps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

There is some fast travel, but it consumes a not too common item and you can only travel back to the main city (so far anyway, I'm not that far into it).

EGriff wrote: »
    There is some fast travel, but it consumes a not too common item and you can only travel back to the main city (so far anyway, I'm not that far into it).

Yeah so the review said, something to do with crystals, I don't have the time for this RPG so might try one of the other PS+ games before I get hooked.

Love Dragon's Dogma. Since the update fast travel has been easier, if you have a character from the original game you get an infinite ferry stone. And there are now more portcrystals(movable waypoints for quicktravel) to be fround.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I finally fired up Dragons dogma. Why on earth I never heard a thing about this game?! Yes, I am nor far in and I can bet it will bite me in the area, but this game looks, feels and works fantastic.

I don't know why, but it is one of the best looking games on ps3 I have seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I finally fired up Dragons dogma. Why on earth I never heard a thing about this game?! Yes, I am nor far in and I can bet it will bite me in the area, but this game looks, feels and works fantastic.

I don't know why, but it is one of the best looking games on ps3 I have seen so far.

Really? I quite like the gameplay, but it looks awful, and has an annoying amount of pop up and waiting for stuff to actually appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Since I'm picking up my Vita tomorrow, I wasnt to resub. Currently living in the UK. What's the best way/cheapest to go about resubbing?
    Will I have to do it via the Irish Store on the PS3? or can I buy it in GBP via the website?
    If I can buy it elsewhere, where's the best cheapest place to get a code for a year's sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

You need a UK account to subscribe in GBP. Presuming you want to subscribe on your Irish account your best option is to buy some Euro PSN cards and use the credit to purchase a subscription through the store. It's pretty straight forward and most sellers will email the code straight away.

I have to do it that way to top up my UK subscription over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Any suggestions on where to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I usually get them on eBay. If you can't find a decent seller there then just Google 'Euro PSN cards online' or something and you'll find some site selling them. They'll be less likely to email you the code though in my experience. I don't know how quickly you want the card.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any suggestions on where to get them?

Gamesnash - let him know you're a boardsie and he'll fast track your order.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement