Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just after getting a beta code for Infamous 2 for being a PS+ member. Not sure if I want to bother using it. In the middle of playing through Mass effect 1 and 2 on PC, wanna get through Portal before Portal 2 arrives in a few days too. But it does intrigue a little as to how it will all work. I assume we all got one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Just after getting a beta code for Infamous 2 for being a PS+ member. Not sure if I want to bother using it. In the middle of playing through Mass effect 1 and 2 on PC, wanna get through Portal before Portal 2 arrives in a few days too. But it does intrigue a little as to how it will all work. I assume we all got one?

Got one too myself. I think it's not just being a Plus member but also depends on how much of the first game you completed.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Got one too myself. I think it's not just being a Plus member but also depends on how much of the first game you completed.
    I did hear that before. It depended on the trophies that you got in the first game. But this email said that it was because I was a subscriber to PS+.

Ah, actually, it says that it's for 'selected playstation plus subscribers'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I did hear that before. It depended on the trophies that you got in the first game. But this email said that it was because I was a subscriber to PS+.

Ah, actually, it says that it's for 'selected playstation plus subscribers'

Yup, I think they just want to make sure it's for people who actually played a lot of inFamous. 'tis one of the few games I have a platinum in. How many trophies do you have as a matter of interest?

Oh the download screen said to download it as soon as possible as places are limited. So not sure if having a code even guarantees access. I imagine there's a good few spaces though.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Yup, I think they just want to make sure it's for people who actually played a lot of inFamous. 'tis one of the few games I have a platinum in. How many trophies do you have as a matter of interest?

Oh the download screen said to download it as soon as possible as places are limited. So not sure if having a code even guarantees access. I imagine there's a good few spaces though.
    Sure I'll redeem it and might as well give it a go. I played through infamous 1 and a half time, giving up on my second playthrough as an evil character. 61% of the trophies for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Missing 2 trophies on infamous with over 90% and got it so at least it didn't require a platinum.

Only rented the game so may buy it for those last ones sometime before 2 comes out

Varik wrote: »
    Missing 2 trophies on infamous with over 90% and got it so at least it didn't require a platinum.

Only rented the game so may buy it for those last ones sometime before 2 comes out
    Seeing as I only have 61% of them, a platinum is definitely not needed to be eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm a PS+ member and I have a platinum in infamous, where's my frickin code! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'm a PS+ member and I have a platinum in infamous, where's my frickin code! :mad:

Did you tick the "Don't email me" box by any chance?

Where would that box be?

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Where would that box be?
    Should be under the account management on the XMB, I think. Not too sure. If sure that if you normally get emails from playstation about new stuff then you are already signed up for it.

Did you check you spam folder?

Box to receive emails wasn't ticked, oh well. Not in spam folder either.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I got it and I only completed InFamous once and didn't play it for that long either. Had a quick go of the beta there and it looks and plays brilliant. I'll be getting this without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

i can heal people to get xp but can't find any other way to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Right,so many people reckon that they won't be able to do without the PS+ thing once their free trial expires????

I fear I could be anyway.Never really bothered looking into it before now but it has some pretty decent stuff going on.........Damn u Sony!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

That's not a swindle, that's just some damn clever marketing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I honestly have not seen anything interesting so far on either EU or US PSN Plus. Maybe I just missed them, I'm using PSP PSN too. Can anyone recommend me some stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Right,so many people reckon that they won't be able to do without the PS+ thing once their free trial expires????

I fear I could be anyway.Never really bothered looking into it before now but it has some pretty decent stuff going on.........Damn u Sony!!!

I wont be subscribing. It is pretty poor imo. I downloaded Streets of Rage 2 only. Nothing else interests me.

I got it when it first came out. Made my money back within two months.

Anyone who has it free for this month can get Burnout Paradise and LittleBigPlanet.

Well worth it in my experience, but I download a lot of games to be honest. Someone who only plays once in a while probabaly won't get much use out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I suppose it's different strokes and all that but I reckon it could be useful.If the downloadable games are all of the quality of Burnout Paradise then it could be decent value for money.
    Excellent marketing from Sony,classic example of how to turn a PR disaster into a money maker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I got it when it first came out. Made my money back within two months.

Anyone who has it free for this month can get Burnout Paradise and LittleBigPlanet.

Well worth it in my experience, but I download a lot of games to be honest. Someone who only plays once in a while probabaly won't get much use out of it.

Is LBP free this month?? I got Burnout Paradise, amazing! Finished about 30% of it so far.

I like how the PS One classics are free or at a reduced rate. Never got around to playing MGS1

Conor108 wrote: »
    Is LBP free this month?? I got Burnout Paradise, amazing! Finished about 30% of it so far.

I like how the PS One classics are free or at a reduced rate. Never got around to playing MGS1
    Yeah it's the last icon in the PS+ section I think. I got it when I originally signed up, but you could get it in the welcome pack outside of that. At least 2/3 of my friends list have the gold plus now and are playing a LBP level.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

I only got my first ps3 last march and signed up for ps+ as I got 15 months for the price of 12, Little big Planet and had not bought anything off of the PS store. Every month I download everything free try everything out and keep what I want. a quick look at my PS3 shows I have the following:

*Burnout Paradise
    Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers
    *Intro offer: LBP
    *Wipeout HD
    *Field Runners,
    *Age of Zombies
    *Destruction Derby
    *Shatter
    KillZone 2: Steel & Titanium DLC
    Zen Pinball
    Blast-Off
    Alien Zombie Death
    Medievil
    *Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground
    *Vector Tower Defense
    Echoes
    *Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
    *Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
    Aero Racing
    Yeti Sports
    *Kula World
    Critter Crunch
    Bloons
    Syphon Filter
    *Cuboid
    *Oddworld: Abe’s Exodus
    Astrotipper
    Pipe Madness
    *Sonic The Hedgehog
    Guilty Gears
    Red Factions: Battlegrounds
    *Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    *Prince of Persia Classic
    Dual Invader
    *Killzone3: Steel Rain pack
    *Streets of Rage 2
    *James Pond 2: Robocod
    Babel, the King of the Blocks
    The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character
    *Stacking

* is any game I am still playing today

I think I have done really well for €50 and that doesnt include all the beta stuff I have had access to over the last 12 months and the instant download feature for updates which is great as updates can take up to 90 min!!! I'm looking at you GT5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I wont be subscribing. It is pretty poor imo. I downloaded Streets of Rage 2 only. Nothing else interests me.

Is that PS3 only or can I download it for PSP too? I can't find it anywhere. What category is it listed under?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I personally think PSN is a load of arse, barring the occasional decent offer (Uncharted 3 beta, per example). I prefer my downloads for keepsies as opposed to having to pay a monthly fee to hold onto 'em.

HOWEVER, I don't think it's much of a swindle. Maybe they will attract a few new PSN+ users. It is marketing. But at the same time we did get two (or more for those of us with various accounts or PSPs) free games as well. So it is simply another extra on top.

If you don't like it, don't pay for it when the month is up. I know I won't be, like I don't tend to buy L'oreal products after seeing their ads on TV. But there's never any point complaining about a free lunch. It is free after all, and if you get a month playing Burnout Paradise in the meantime, sure why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Is that PS3 only or can I download it for PSP too? I can't find it anywhere. What category is it listed under?

I have no idea if it is on the PSP. I went into the PS+ section of the Playstation Store with my PS3 and there it was.

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Think it's PS3 only, has trophy support and online co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Chrizfitz wrote: »
    I only got my first ps3 last march and signed up for ps+ as I got 15 months for the price of 12, Little big Planet and had not bought anything off of the PS store. Every month I download everything free try everything out and keep what I want. a quick look at my PS3 shows I have the following:

*Burnout Paradise
    Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers
    *Intro offer: LBP
    *Wipeout HD
    *Field Runners,
    *Age of Zombies
    *Destruction Derby
    *Shatter
    KillZone 2: Steel & Titanium DLC
    Zen Pinball
    Blast-Off
    Alien Zombie Death
    Medievil
    *Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground
    *Vector Tower Defense
    Echoes
    *Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
    *Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
    Aero Racing
    Yeti Sports
    *Kula World
    Critter Crunch
    Bloons
    Syphon Filter
    *Cuboid
    *Oddworld: Abe’s Exodus
    Astrotipper
    Pipe Madness
    *Sonic The Hedgehog
    Guilty Gears
    Red Factions: Battlegrounds
    *Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    *Prince of Persia Classic
    Dual Invader
    *Killzone3: Steel Rain pack
    *Streets of Rage 2
    *James Pond 2: Robocod
    Babel, the King of the Blocks
    The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character
    *Stacking

* is any game I am still playing today

I think I have done really well for €50 and that doesnt include all the beta stuff I have had access to over the last 12 months and the instant download feature for updates which is great as updates can take up to 90 min!!! I'm looking at you GT5.

OMG oddworld!!! madness

on another note the ps+ 30 days free. did that start from when the welcome back package went live, or does it start from when you activate it in psn (haven't gotten around to it yet as want to be able to take full advantage of my 30 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm pretty sure it starts from when you activate it. I'm planning on activating it on my second account in a couple of weeks time so I hope so.

I think it's ok and will likely buy a three month subscription after the 30 days expires. Not sure I'm ready to commit for a year at this stage though. I'm enjoying Burnout Paradise though and am keen to see what they'll have for free next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

<MERGED>

I'll be using my 30 PS+ sub. to buy BG & E HD. Can't see anything else that I want, so I won't be renewing it at this point in time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement