Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Metal Gear Rising was only released in Feb of this year, fantastic that we're getting it on PS+ so soon. PS+ is freakin excellent :)

Might have something to do with the collection that was released in sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Metal Gear Rising was only released in Feb of this year, fantastic that we're getting it on PS+ so soon. PS+ is freakin excellent :)

Remember me was released on June 7th!

Started Remember Me last night with the intention of just giving it half an hour to try it out. Spent close to 3 hours playing and could happily have invested another 3. Really is a damn fine game and while I can see some of the mechanics getting a little boring the story and memory remixing is interesting enough to keep you interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

First real standout month for me, I was looking at remember me for ages, and naturally interested in MGR. Not that the other months were bad, its just a combination of already having the awesome games or not being too keen on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Got PS+ last week and currently wondering why the hell I didn't get it ages ago; incredible value. Between Dragon's Dogma, Xcom & Metal Gear (and reading this I guess I might as well try Remember Me as well) the wait for PS4 will be fly by. Anyone that's played Xcom have problems with framerate & disappearing enemies by any chance or is it just me? It's not crippling but it can be frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'm feckin' addicted to that Destiny of Spirits Beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Started Remember Me last night I thought the combat is pretty poor on it being honest anyone else find the same ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Started Remember Me last night I thought the combat is pretty poor on it being honest anyone else find the same ?

I'm not very good at the combos so don't find it particularly enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

not sure if this has been asked before, ps4 is also goin to have plus and free games, at the moment if you dont have a vita u can stil purchase the free plus vita games and then download them down the line if you pick up one, thats exactly what i did

do we know if we will be able to do the same for ps4, id like to get a ps4 in maybe a year or so but hope that we will be able to purchase the free plus games at launch or will the ps4 have its own seperate playstation network?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

padz wrote: »
    not sure if this has been asked before, ps4 is also goin to have plus and free games, at the moment if you dont have a vita u can stil purchase the free plus vita games and then download them down the line if you pick up one, thats exactly what i did

do we know if we will be able to do the same for ps4, id like to get a ps4 in maybe a year or so but hope that we will be able to purchase the free plus games at launch or will the ps4 have its own seperate playstation network?

Buy them here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm feckin' addicted to that Destiny of Spirits Beta.

It's quite compelling isn't it? Earn more points>draw more spirits>merge>fight again. It's a nice cycle and it's tempting to keep going for one more spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Really enjoying Metal Gear Rising. Highly recommend everyone to play it.

Once you get the parry technique right you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

F1ngers wrote: »

ok cool i get ye, so its just the interface of the psn on ps4 thats different, they mentioned something about a dedicated ps4 network so we can still go thru the above site, cheers, thats great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

1TB drive finally turned up today, was sick of deleting games off the 80GB. Now to install that sucker this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

"Just been told that Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Aveline Figurehead DLC will be free for PS Plus users from today for 2 weeks!"

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/395520493123416064

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ShaneU wrote: »
    "Just been told that Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Aveline Figurehead DLC will be free for PS Plus users from today for 2 weeks!"

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/395520493123416064

Direct link if anyone wants it.

AC 4 Black Flag - Aveline Figurehead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Remember me is actually fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I love Remember Me's remix mode, the setting and artstyle. This is one of the games I wish had more free roam. Shame on the combat itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah outside of the Combat its a great setting and storyline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I like the combat. Reminds me of enslaved somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

cloud493 wrote: »
    I like the combat. Reminds me of enslaved somewhat.

Just the combat or the game in general? If it's the gameplay and all, then I'll have to try it out.

On another note, now that I've upgraded to eFibre I decided to upgrade my hard drive to get downloading games
    This one still the best option?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0053YLTBC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cheers! Ordered. Threw in volume 2 of Chew for the hell of it as well. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Finally getting around to Assassins Creed III, meh so far, I like the history end of things with these games, least they try and educate you somewhat !

Anyone else try this? I'm doing no side missions or flaffing around like I did in AC1.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Oh a few tips I figured out when playing Remember Me concerning combat.
    • Combos can only continue on the target you hit first, if you dodge or aim to another target, the combo will restart.
    • Combos will end abruptly if your target dies and does not carry to your next target.
    • Dodging over the target you started the combo on shouldn't break the combo if you are quick enough.
    • I tend to mash the next attack while keeping an eye on the combo meter when it has accepted the attack I was mashing and rinse repeat. It doesn't work as fluidly as Batman combat, combos seems to be locked to the on screen combo list's timing.
    • Try to overlook the combat and take in the beautiful setting and aesthetic design of this game.

Thanks for that Jaxdasher,
    Only had a quick 30 minutes on this up until the point of creating your regen combo. Got abit confused at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Destiny of Spirits Beta is over now. Really enjoyed it. The friend features are decent and the three types of currency in the game works well for a nice balance between fighting, stat adjusting, trading and drawing new characters.

Battle system is overly simplistic (probably to make it more accessible to non-TCG fans) but it still requires some strategy in picking the right team and when to use your abilities.

Hopefully they don't overpower the in-game purchases or make it pay-to-win as regards the currency system.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have download speeds improved recently? Downloading Remember Me at the moment and its ticking away at a good solid MB or more per second, compared to the usual snails pace.

Have download speeds improved recently? Downloading Remember Me at the moment and its ticking away at a good solid MB or more per second, compared to the usual snails pace.

Seems to be better after the initial surge of playstation plus downloaders alright !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

eddhorse wrote: »
    Finally getting around to Assassins Creed III, meh so far, I like the history end of things with these games, least they try and educate you somewhat !

Anyone else try this? I'm doing no side missions or flaffing around like I did in AC1.

Thought I'd give it a go as I heard this was the best AC. Played it for about 5 hours and couldn't get into it. Guess I'm not and will never be an AC fan :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement