Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    We got November's game at the end of October already.

Well, I ment next wave of free games. My phrasing was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

So the halloween sale ends on the 7/11. Does that mean that the sale ends tonight midnight or will it go on tomorrow and end then?
    Hoping to get Metro Last Light with the Ranger DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

jaxdasher wrote: »
    So the halloween sale ends on the 7/11. Does that mean that the sale ends tonight midnight or will it go on tomorrow and end then?
    Hoping to get Metro Last Light with the Ranger DLC.

I don't know for sure but I think that means it ends at midnight tomorrow i.e. it should be active on the 7th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/06/sci-fi-sale-starts-today-save-on-lost-planet-3-binary-domain-vanquish-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SCEEBlog+%28blog.eu.playstation.com%29

Might be time to get Blood Dragon:

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
    Was £11.99/€14.99, now £4.99/€5.99
    Additional PS Plus discount: 25%

Works out at €4.49 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

sin0city wrote: »
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/06/sci-fi-sale-starts-today-save-on-lost-planet-3-binary-domain-vanquish-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SCEEBlog+%28blog.eu.playstation.com%29

GET IT!

Really enjoyed it myself. At that price its a steal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I enjoyed it more than FC3, it doesn't take itself serious like the main game does ( a bunch of bro's who get kidnapped, horrible stereotypical characters and pretty bog standard FPS gameplay) and has Michael Biehn spouting some fun catchphrases.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

imitation wrote: »
    I enjoyed it more than FC3, it doesn't take itself serious like the main game does ( a bunch of bro's who get kidnapped, horrible stereotypical characters and pretty bog standard FPS gameplay) and has Michael Biehn spouting some fun catchphrases.

indeed. Ive put about three hours into far cry 3 and spent a full week playing Blood Dragon. The graphical style takes some getting used to but very much suits it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

We need some better free vita stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I need a Vita to take advantage of the free stuff I've gotten over the past year and a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

cloud493 wrote: »
    We need some better free vita stuff.

The PS+ stuff has been decent- Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Virtues Last Reward, Little King, MGS HD, SFXTekken etc.

Destiny of Spirits beta was good too.

Persona 4 would be nice though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

penev10 wrote: »
    The PS+ stuff has been decent- Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Virtues Last Reward, Little King, MGS HD, SFXTekken etc.

Destiny of Spirits beta was good too.

Persona 4 would be nice though :D

MGS HD must have been available when I had my sub expire for a few months. :o

Would like to see Persona on it but I dount it will be happening anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

after some advice on the ps+ lads. i have a UK and an irish psn account but never had a PS+ account. just got a UK 365 day subscription as a gift and i am waiting for the ps4 to come out as i have already sold my ps3 to fund the 4. i have been told in an email by sony it won't work on the irish psn account, is this correct?
    if so, i can use it on the UK account but would i be able to play online and download map packs etc using it in ireland? i can easily continue to get uk vouchers so funding the account wouldn't be a problem.
    any advice would be great,
    cheers
    dave

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

after some advice on the ps+ lads. i have a UK and an irish psn account but never had a PS+ account. just got a UK 365 day subscription as a gift and i am waiting for the ps4 to come out as i have already sold my ps3 to fund the 4. i have been told in an email by sony it won't work on the irish psn account, is this correct?
    if so, i can use it on the UK account but would i be able to play online and download map packs etc using it in ireland? i can easily continue to get uk vouchers so funding the account wouldn't be a problem.
    any advice would be great,
    cheers
    dave

So long as you keep funding the account, you will have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

nice one f1ngers, save me having to get rid and get a new one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just Downloading Blood Dragon now. I loved FC 3 so this shouldn't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Got Metro Last Light, pretty cool game. Great atmosphere and visuals. Loving it. You don't need Ranger mode DLC. You can turn off the crosshairs in the vanilla version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Got Metro Last Light, pretty cool game. Great atmosphere and visuals. Loving it. You don't need Ranger mode DLC. You can turn off the crosshairs in the vanilla version.

Is this cheap with plus at the moment? Looks interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

weiland79 wrote: »
    Is this cheap with plus at the moment? Looks interesting

It was cheap in the halloween sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

cloud493 wrote: »
    It was cheap in the halloween sale.

Bummer, missed that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Have a PS4 on pre-order in GameStop and I'm just trying to figure out if the console comes with any sort of PS Plus membership. I heard that there's a '14 Day Trial' since PS Plus came out.

Any help appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Have a PS4 on pre-order in GameStop and I'm just trying to figure out if the console comes with any sort of PS Plus membership. I heard that there's a '14 Day Trial' since PS Plus came out.

Any help appreciated.

Yeah, It comes with a 14 day trial and it stacks.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Yeah, It comes with a 14 day trial and it stacks.

As long as it plays games online, I'm happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

As long as it plays games online, I'm happy. :)

Well you need Plus to play online with the PS4.

Well you need Plus to play online with the PS4.

I know that already. Just don't have enough money at the moment to buy PS Plus straight away, as I also have BF4 on pre-order.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

A few others worth getting:

Similar to but better than Gears of War(imo).
    Vanquish
    Was £11.99/€14.99, now £3.95/€4.94

Quality space shooter.
    Super Stardust HD Complete
    Was £7.99/€9.99, now £4.79/€5.99
    Additional PS Plus discount: 10%

A top notch game for €4(€3 with PS+).
    Beyond Good & Evil HD
    Was £7.99/€9.99, now £3.19/€3.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Loved Beyond Good and Evil on my Gamecube, one of my favourite games at the time, looking forward to playing it again. Absolute bargain at the PS price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ok, Beyond G & E and Vanquish added to my basket, anything else I show add before I go to checkout?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,096 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So got my new HDD on Wednesday so plan on upgrading this weekend. What's the minimum size drive I need to back up to. I can delete the games and redownload after installing the drive and back all my saves up on PS+. I have no media on there.

Basically i ordered a new portable drive from amazon on Tuesday and it still hasn't been dispatched, despite being in stock, so at the moment I just have a 32GB pen drive to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Do ps3's support SSDs? I have the 150gb one it came with in mine but have a few things on it now so space is starting to run out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

krudler wrote: »
    Do ps3's support SSDs? I have the 150gb one it came with in mine but have a few things on it now so space is starting to run out

Yep - http://www.tomshardware.com/news/playstation-ps3-ssd-upgrade-loading,11811.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement