Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So got my new HDD on Wednesday so plan on upgrading this weekend. What's the minimum size drive I need to back up to. I can delete the games and redownload after installing the drive and back all my saves up on PS+. I have no media on there.

Basically i ordered a new portable drive from amazon on Tuesday and it still hasn't been dispatched, despite being in stock, so at the moment I just have a 32GB pen drive to work with.

Since you have no media and you have PS+, all you have to do is:
    1. Make sure your games are saved to the cloud.
    2. Replace HDD.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.
    There is no need to back up anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,096 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

F1ngers wrote: »
    Since you have no media and you have PS+, all you have to do is:
    1. Make sure your games are saved to the cloud.
    2. Replace HDD.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.
    There is no need to back up anything.

Cheers. Can use the stick for the firmware instead to save me going looking for my other stick, wherever I left it

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Ok, Beyond G & E and Vanquish added to my basket, anything else I show add before I go to checkout?

Really thought Vanquish was one of the most fun and under rated game of this generation. I loved it. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Ok, Beyond G & E and Vanquish added to my basket, anything else I show add before I go to checkout?

Really thought Vanquish was one of the most fun and under rated game of this generation. I loved it. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Might get far cry 3 blood dragon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Varik wrote: »
    Might get far cry 3 blood dragon.

Heard good things, wasn't really a fan of Far Cry 3. More the screen tearing than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Near the end if blood dragon now. It has the best dialogue you will ever hear in a game and is great mindless fun but I preferred far cry 3. BD doesnt have a patch on FC3 with the day time graphics, the island, stealthin a compound, etc.

Blood dragon is completely worth a fiver though, highly recommend it but its just making me want to play FC3 again.

New HDD installed. Downloading a load of the games now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Started playing Metal Gear Revengeance last night wow its bat **** crazy but i love it stayed it up till 3.30 am playing after turning it on for 5 minutes before bed at 12 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I started that MGS but just couldn't get past Raidens high heels. Couldn't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I started that MGS but just couldn't get past Raidens high heels. Couldn't do it.

If it make you feel better high heels was invent for men. The heels were used to stay on the saddle's stirrup. Then women copied the fashion for themselves and horse riding just died out not high heels.

Glad I found out how to install multiple games without having to do each one individually.

On another note, we should be getting the list for next month this week, as someone asked on the blog last Friday and the reply said "Yes, next week! Stay tuned!".

And while looking online for rumoured games coming I found this
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/11/06/december-2013-playstation-plus-free-games-list-news-for-europe-coming-next-week/
    Which says we may be getting Guacamelee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I hope we get Tomb Raider. I wasn't really into any of last months games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Got around to downloading and installing Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance.

IT IS AMAZING

Arriving nov 29th:
    Resogun - PS4
    Contrast - PS4
    Grid 2 - PS3
    Guacamelee - CrossBuy
    Sonic All Stars Racing - Vita
    GTA Liberty City Stories - Vita

So 3 Vita games

Metal Gear Rising, Jak and Dexter Trilogy, MotoStorm RC and Oddworld Strangers Wrath leave on Nov 27

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

So does this mean that those of us sticking with a PS3 are getting a bit shafted on PS+? I wonder will we be able to purchase those PS4 games on the PS3 store, for download to our PS4 whenever we get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Notorious wrote: »
    So does this mean that those of us sticking with a PS3 are getting a bit shafted on PS+? I wonder will we be able to purchase those PS4 games on the PS3 store, for download to our PS4 whenever we get one?

Yes, same way as it is for the Vita.

I'm hoping this isn't the Christmas update. From Arkham City last year to Grid 2? i'm sure it's a good game but I'm not a massive fan of racing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Notorious wrote: »

I would assume so.. you can with Vita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Arriving nov 29th:
    Resogun - PS4
    Contrast - PS4
    Grid 2 - PS3
    Guacamelee - CrossBuy
    Sonic All Stars Racing - Vita
    GTA Liberty City Stories - Vita

So 3 Vita games

Metal Gear Rising, Jak and Dexter Trilogy, MotoStorm RC and Oddworld Strangers Wrath leave on Nov 27

Not a great month but happy that i am getting 2 PS4 games for free in Resogun and Contrast

PS3 looks shocking this month with then only game being Grid 2 :rolleyes: But i will be to busy playing my PS4 to care LoL

Happy with the Vita games but already have Guacamelee (EVERYONE MUST PLAY THIS GAME) And been wonting a racer on the vita for a while and Sonic all stars its post to be fairly good so will be giving it a go for sure

Also GTA Liberty City Stories for free :eek: one of the best GTA games i have played ever i would pick it over GTA5 any day of the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got around to downloading and installing Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance.

IT IS AMAZING

It does look good but wasn't paying attention when it tells you how to block. Got murdered several times by the robotic dog as a result. Think I know what to do now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I thought we were going to find out about the Plus games that will be available for the full year. Maybe soon.

Also they are categorising Guacamelee as a PS3 game so they are really giving us two PS3 games in this update.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Grid 2 is good but traded it ages back, wouldn't mind giving it another go. Heard good things about guacamelee.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Not a bad month for Vita. Thankfully I held off from buying Guacamelee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

B*gger off PS4, stop hogging the PS+ freebies with your shiny and alluring newness!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi,

this is probably a stupid question, but I am gonna be a new member of PS+ come November 29th. Where do you get the Irish PS+ cards? The only ones available on amazon are for UK accounts? And I can't find them on the gamestop website?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I thought we were going to find out about the Plus games that will be available for the full year. Maybe soon.

Also they are categorising Guacamelee as a PS3 game so they are really giving us two PS3 games in this update.

+1 on that. I was so close to buying Guacamelee but held off as I got in to playing something else.

TBH I'm playing whatever they give me for free and if I finish them or get bored I move on to trying to get through my backlog.

I've reigned in the spending on games cause of having waaaay too much to get through. It was just getting silly the amount of unplayed games sitting on the shelf. Some still in plastic wrappers for christ sakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi,

this is probably a stupid question, but I am gonna be a new member of PS+ come November 29th. Where do you get the Irish PS+ cards? The only ones available on amazon are for UK accounts? And I can't find them on the gamestop website?

Thanks

I was in Gamestop yesterday and the guy ahead of me bought a PSN card so they should be in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

You can do it on the console with a credit card too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I was in Gamestop yesterday and the guy ahead of me bought a PSN card so they should be in store.
    sweetie wrote: »
    You can do it on the console with a credit card too.

30 seconds after I posted the above I found it on the gamestop website. €49.99 for 365 days. Is that the cheapest you can get it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement