Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Thanks for the replies..

I suppose if i'm paying €400 for the console and €60 - €70 for the games this is not that much of an addon.

I have a PS3 If i get an account now will that work ok with the PS4 ? .. or should i wait for some promo's or something.

also what kinda games do ya get free?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

NeVeR wrote: »
    also what kinda games do ya get free?

In the last year you would have gotten these(this post copied from a different thread):
    For 50 quid in the last year ps+ would have gotten you the following;

Batman: Arkham City
    Limbo
    Vanquish
    Big Sky Infinity
    Knytt Underground
    Mortal Kombat
    Gotham City Impostors
    BioShock 2
    Guardians of Middle-earth
    F1 Race Stars
    Sleeping Dogs
    Dead or Alive 5
    Mass Effect 3
    Joe Danger 2: The Movie
    The Cave
    The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    Ōkami HD
    Thomas Was Alone
    Catherine
    Hitman: Absolution
    Malicious
    Demon's Souls
    Ico & Shadow of the Colossus
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    LittleBigPlanet Karting
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (single player)
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Battlefield 3
    Payday: The Heist
    NBA 2K13
    Saints Row: The Third
    Mafia II
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    Spec Ops: The Line
    When Vikings Attack!
    Assassin's Creed III
    The Jak and Daxter Trilogy
    Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
    Far Cry 3
    Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    MotorStorm RC
    Remember Me
    Grid 2
    Guacamelee!

EDIT: Merged with PS+ thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That's actually an amazing collection of games.

F1ngers wrote: »
    In the last year you would have gotten these(this post copied from a different thread):

really ?

All as a member of PS+ ? these where all free ?

Thats amazing value.

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

really ?

Thats amazing value.

thanks.

Yeah, but you can't get any of the backlog games if you sign up new. You get 2 or 3 that are free all year round but the rest only last a month. Keep an eye on this thread as it's always kept up to date on the next free games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

really ?

Thats amazing value.

thanks.

Make sure to add them as they come out for each console, there's games on Plus for PS4, PS3, PSvita, and PSP.

How big of a HDD will I need for the PS4 lol.

without me checking is there external PS4 HDD's coming out ? I know it comes with 500gig.. but that won't last long.

Ok I was reading that you can connect an external HDD .. but not play games from it ..

Does anyone know if you can do something like this.

Lets say over a year I need to upgrade my 500gb HDD to a 2TB ( or bigger ) -

Can i connect my external HDD.. copy over all my PS4 content to it. ( all games / game saves ) .. add the new bigger HDD.. then copy back all my files to the new internal HDD.. will the games still work ? -- the ones i've downloaded from PS+ and are no longer available to re-download.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Had a PS3 for years and about 6 months ago I signed up for PS+. TOTALLY RECOMMENDED . And I don't play online (Too old to play against 15-year-olds with photographic memories of maps:) ) I got a Vita this year (Which is why I got the PS+ subscription) In just the last 6 months I got Assassin's Creed, Uncharted for the Vita (Already had the trilogy on the PS3 but U3 was available for PS3 also for free) Ico &Shadow of the colossus, Need for speed, gravity rush, Motocross RC, Jak & Daxter and a few others. (Dammit, I see from F1ngers' thread that I missed Okami. Flip!)

So PS+ is totally worth it, especially if you have more than one console type!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Ok I was reading that you can connect an external HDD .. but not play games from it ..

Can i connect my external HDD.. copy over all my PS4 content to it. ( all games / game saves ) .. add the new bigger HDD.. then copy back all my files to the new internal HDD.. will the games still work ? -- the ones i've downloaded from PS+ and are no longer available to re-download.

PS4 doesn't support an Ext HDD at all. It might do in the future but so far it's an absolute no.

I have a 1TB HDD in my PS3. I have all the free games but only about 90% of them installed. I have about 200GB remaining.

If you have a 500GB HDD in your PS3[4] and you want to upgrade you will need to redownload all the games. PS+ will allow you to backup your saves to the cloud. There is a backup system to HDD [PS3 only] and PS3 to PS3 via LAN cable but you do need two PS3's for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

You can back up your data to an external drive. As a PS+ member, you will also have online space available for your saves so they will be safe.

Also, all of your purchases will be safe to re-download. Personally, I will be upgrading my HDD as soon as I get my PS4 next week. Have a 1.5TB drive ready to swap in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

the ones i've downloaded from PS+ and are no longer available to re-download.

They're still available to re-download, as long as you added them to your account and you don't even need to download them the first time just add to account.

Can i connect my external HDD.. copy over all my PS4 content to it. ( all games / game saves ) .. add the new bigger HDD.. then copy back all my files to the new internal HDD.. will the games still work ?

Yes.

It might be better than on the PS3 as you needed to do a full backup but I heard someone say you could backup individual games on the PS4. I'm not sure who it was but a game site was saying it was very simple and that they were copying games between consoles in the office.

RangeR wrote: »
    PS4 doesn't support an Ext HDD at all. It might do in the future but so far it's an absolute no.

I have a 1TB HDD in my PS3. I have all the free games but only about 90% of them installed. I have about 200GB remaining.

If you have a 500GB HDD in your PS3[4] and you want to upgrade you will need to redownload all the games. PS+ will allow you to backup your saves to the cloud. There is a backup system to HDD [PS3 only] and PS3 to PS3 via LAN cable but you do need two PS3's for this.

Sorry i read here you can connect one - http://techland.time.com/2013/09/04/yes-the-playstation-4-supports-external-storage-but-theres-a-catch/

But just not play games from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I think I might have a free code for the US store for 2 weeks if anyone wants it PM me. I can use it so dont know if it didnt work because I have PS+ already or will only work if you never had PS+. So I'd prefer to give it to someone that hasn't had PS+ on their US account. Will check the PS4 box when I'm home.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Played the opening 45 mins or so of Remember Me last night and I don't think I'll be going back..

I just don't like the feel of it. Combat feels poor, a bright orange arrow tells you exactly where to go and I found the first memory remix to be a pain to do. I assumed I would have more freedom but based on the first one you have one specific option.

That's where I finished up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

tok9 wrote: »
    Played the opening 45 mins or so of Remember Me last night and I don't think I'll be going back..

I just don't like the feel of it. Combat feels poor, a bright orange arrow tells you exactly where to go and I found the first memory remix to be a pain to do. I assumed I would have more freedom but based on the first one you have one specific option.

That's where I finished up too.

Yup. Me too. Got to the first big boss and quit after 10 minutes. I don't do boss levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

RangeR wrote: »
    Yup. Me too. Got to the first big boss and quit after 10 minutes. I don't do boss levels.

I played a little further than the two of ye, and its just more of the same after that. I played until the second memory manipulation scene, and just couldnt bring myself to continue. Combat is boring as fook, as is navigating the levels as there is only ever one path to take.

So yeah, I give it a 5/10. Story had some potential, presentation is actually pretty good, but everything else falls flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Haven't seen any mention of next months games. Any idea what they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Anybody else getting problems signing into PSN lately? saying my email/password is wrong when its not.

• Advertisement

Haven't seen any mention of next months games. Any idea what they are?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/13/playstation-plus-in-december-resogun-guacamelee-grid-2-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

nocoverart wrote: »
    Anybody else getting problems signing into PSN lately? saying my email/password is wrong when its not.

Sony reset some peoples passwords. You have to change your password before you can login.

padair wrote: »
    Sony reset some peoples passwords. You have to change your password before you can login.

Cheers! do you know why they done this? hope there wasn't another hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

nocoverart wrote: »

wonder will this be the start of a reduced list for ps3 every month. its usually 2 big titles each month or was it always just one with previous month's games still active?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

wonder will this be the start of a reduced list for ps3 every month. its usually 2 big titles each month or was it always just one with previous month's games still active?

grid 2 and guacamelee = 2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Big titles

edit - just checked the lists of games and its first time in 2013 that it was only 2 games, minimum 3 every other month, whatever about their respective quality

• Registered Users Posts: 29,098 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was it someone here was saying you can't add PS4 titles to your download list if you don't have a PS4?
    Was watching on ign and it showed Greg do it through the online store so unless it checks if you have the PS4 activated in your account or if it's just Europe who can't do it. Hope neither occurs and we can add them.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was it someone here was saying you can't add PS4 titles to your download list if you don't have a PS4?
    Was watching on ign and it showed Greg do it through the online store so unless it checks if you have the PS4 activated in your account or if it's just Europe who can't do it. Hope neither occurs and we can add them.

Can't do it via the PS3 or PSVita Store, but you can do it on the Web Store so those who don't have the PS4 yet can add the PS+ games to the download list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

CastorTroy wrote: »

I checked last week before I picked up my PS4 and you can add them from the online store. They dont show under the IGC but you can see them under PS4 and can be added there thats how I did it.

W

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen1990

quick question regarding ps+ and the ps4.

I subscribed to ps+ in July, year membership (wish I had of done it sooner!) so I have another 8 months or so with that subscription. I am searching on the store for anything ps4 and cant find anything...can't find the instant games collection.

The only thing I can find is a subscription for ps4,ps3 and vita...Do I have to purchase this new subscription to get the free ps4 stuff or does my original subscription follow through and I'll be able to get the ps4 stuff???

anyone else have this problem and what did ya's do??

cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement