Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No free ps4 games til next month

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

quick question regarding ps+ and the ps4.

I subscribed to ps+ in July, year membership (wish I had of done it sooner!) so I have another 8 months or so with that subscription. I am searching on the store for anything ps4 and cant find anything...can't find the instant games collection.

The only thing I can find is a subscription for ps4,ps3 and vita...Do I have to purchase this new subscription to get the free ps4 stuff or does my original subscription follow through and I'll be able to get the ps4 stuff???

anyone else have this problem and what did ya's do??

cheers

It's not out yet so nothing is up on the EU store right now, your current subscription will cover all of them.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    No free ps4 games til next month

The PS4 content is out on the 29th while all the PS3 and Vita/PSP is out on the 27th, so it's at launch but it is Decembers content.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

PS4 hasn't launched here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen1990

Cheers lads...wasnt planning on getting the ps4 at launch so didnt know the release date here.

But i will be bagging up a collection with ps+ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Cheers lads...wasnt planning on getting the ps4 at launch so didnt know the release date here.

But i will be bagging up a collection with ps+ :)

Hah, me too.

In a year or two when I make the switch I'll probably have about 20 games to download. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Would a ps+ membership code from the US work over here?? Few going cheap on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Just played an hour of metal gear and I think I might have epilepsy now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Would a ps+ membership code from the US work over here?? Few going cheap on ebay

A US PS+ membership code is only good to use on a US account.
    You cannot extend your Irish PS+ account with one.

The EU PS+ is, imo, better than the US PS+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

quick question from someone not actually based in ireland... planning on getting PS+ for my brother for Xmas and the handiest way is to buy on Amazon.co.uk and have it shipped as a gift along with my other pressies for my family. Does the UK ps+ sub work on a natively Irish account, though? I fully assume it does, but since it's a Christmas pressie I want to be 100% sure

Cheers!

quick question regarding ps+ and the ps4.

I subscribed to ps+ in July, year membership (wish I had of done it sooner!) so I have another 8 months or so with that subscription. I am searching on the store for anything ps4 and cant find anything...can't find the instant games collection.

The only thing I can find is a subscription for ps4,ps3 and vita...Do I have to purchase this new subscription to get the free ps4 stuff or does my original subscription follow through and I'll be able to get the ps4 stuff???

anyone else have this problem and what did ya's do??

cheers

PS4 content is ONLY viewable on the PS4 store - you won't find it on a PS3 even post launch. So you can't add it to your download list for downloading later or anything like that like you can with the Vita titles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

COYVB wrote: »
    quick question from someone not actually based in ireland... planning on getting PS+ for my brother for Xmas and the handiest way is to buy on Amazon.co.uk and have it shipped as a gift along with my other pressies for my family. Does the UK ps+ sub work on a natively Irish account, though? I fully assume it does, but since it's a Christmas pressie I want to be 100% sure

Cheers!

I'm open to correction regarding the UK/IRL thing here but if you buy a UK PSN sub then it will only work on a UK account. At least that's the way the USA/IRL PS+ works.

W

PS4 content is ONLY viewable on the PS4 store - you won't find it on a PS3 even post launch. So you can't add it to your download list for downloading later or anything like that like you can with the Vita titles

You can view it through the store website though & purchase it there to be downloaded later.

W

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    You can view it through the store website though & purchase it there to be downloaded later.

W

I assume the OP was referencing the console based store though, and wondering why PS4 stuff wasn't showing up

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    I'm open to correction regarding the UK/IRL thing here but if you buy a UK PSN sub then it will only work on a UK account. At least that's the way the USA/IRL PS+ works.

W

I'm in Canada and the Canadian/USA subs are the same, so I thought maybe the Irish and UK ones would be too since they're the same store but with different prices. Where's a good place to buy a physical sub card in Ireland that I can get online and have shipped to my folks' address in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I'm in Canada and the Canadian/USA subs are the same, so I thought maybe the Irish and UK ones would be too since they're the same store but with different prices. Where's a good place to buy a physical sub card in Ireland that I can get online and have shipped to my folks' address in Dublin?

Get it on gamesnash

http://gamesnash.ie/playstation-network-credit-c-58_178/?zenid=imnriqh3tftlh8hvhcr1f9tuf1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Is that not store credit rather than PlayStation plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Unearthly wrote: »
    Is that not store credit rather than PlayStation plus?

But you can use that store credit to get the Playstation plus btw did anyone one else see fingers post

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Hey chaps, without reading through all this thread could you answer a question for me, it may well have been answered already, if so sorry for asking again,

is it true that in order to play ps4 online you will need to subscribe to ps+ for one year ?

thanks in advance.

Hey chaps, without reading through all this thread could you answer a question for me, it may well have been answered already, if so sorry for asking again,

is it true that in order to play ps4 online you will need to subscribe to ps+ for one year ?

thanks in advance.

Not one year exactly but you will need a PlayStation plus membership

thanks in advance.

Yes it's been answered before and yes you need it to play games online, there are a couple of exceptions but for playing online standard for the PS4 you need PS+

• Advertisement

To be honest, if you have a PS3 or a Vita or are getting a PS4 then you'd be a fool not to have PS+. Unlike Xbox Live which is pretty much Microsoft raping the wallet of gamers, PS+ is actually a great initiative and one that will pay for the year long subscription over one good month.

To be honest, if you have a PS3 or a Vita or are getting a PS4 then you'd be a fool not to have PS+. Unlike Xbox Live which is pretty much Microsoft raping the wallet of gamers, PS+ is actually a great initiative and one that will pay for the year long subscription over one good month.

Yup, it's a must-have

OK, thanks for replies,

only downside for me is i'll have to buy two subscriptions, one for myself and one for my kid n his ps4, dammit :)

OK, thanks for replies,

only downside for me is i'll have to buy two subscriptions, one for myself and one for my kid n his ps4, dammit :)

Is it the same ps4? If its the same ps4 then only one sub is needed and it will work on all the accounts

Edit: just saw the 'his ps4' part. Bed time for me

Yep will have two ps4's so two subs its killing me

OK, thanks for replies,

Not necessarily. Here's what you do (which I believe will work):

Buy one PS+ subscription for your kid. Set it up on YOUR PS4 and activate that console. Then have him sign into HIS PS4 with his PSN ID. He'll be able to play online since the PS+ is associated with his account, and you'll be able to play online since the PS+ is associated with your console. You'll just need to ensure that your kid's PSN ID remains on your console at all times

Like I say, I'm 99% sure that'll work. But at the very least, give it a try before buying a second sub

If that works that would be the job

Yep will have two ps4's so two subs its killing me

Two subs will cost you at most 120 euro. It may seem like a lot of money, and it is but the return on investment is fantastic especially if you have a PS3 or Vita already.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Im lost here as a kinda noob
    ive an old school ps3 id with a few trophies
    plan on using it on ps4 as my main id and il be getting ps+ for that id
    so that will be the main user
    ive a usa id that I just plan to get demos and buy the odd game .

now them games I buy with the american account
    can I play them on my main id .
    and do I actually need 2 ps+ accounts
    or just the one for my main id
    its $10 for a month of ps+ so I wouldnt mind paying that the odd time I see a demo or free game I like to play with my main psnid

sorry for not explaining wtf I want to know but im kinda lost with the whole thing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

now them games I buy with the american account can I play them on my main id.

Yes.
    and do I actually need 2 ps+ accounts or just the one for my main id

If you want their PS+ all the time, then yes two accounts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement