Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If that works that would be the job

The console that the plus account is activated with called the "home console" should be the family console as every account on that will work online and with any plus games or digital games, while the account should belong to the person who play on their own console desperately.

If you have a PS4 in your man cave then it's you account that should have plus.

If the kid has a PS4 in their room then it's their account that should have plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Is it Wednesday the next load of games can be downloaded?

Is it Wednesday the next load of games can be downloaded?

Yes

Some showed up today but only the PS4 content and that was meant to be on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,098 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And was able to add them okay.

Though when I click on them in my download list, it still says "Free" instead of "Purchased"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

If you buy a play station plus voucher from Amazon will it work on over here . I am just asking as I have seen a years subscription a bit cheaper with them compared to the €50 with Irish retailers .

I've never set up a Playstation plus account so just wondering .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

bigron2109 wrote: »
    If you buy a play station plus voucher from Amazon will it work on over here . I am just asking as I have seen a years subscription a bit cheaper with them compared to the €50 with Irish retailers .

I've never set up a Playstation plus account so just wondering .

They will all work if you've the relevant account set up for it. If you want PS+ to work on your primary account, which I'm assuming is an Irish account, then you'll want to buy PS+ with an Irish flag in the top corner. Amazon PS+ vouchers tend to be for the UK only, which would work if you have a UK account and don't mind buying PS+ for that.

Regardless of what account you buy PS+ on, you'll still have access to the games from it on your other accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Can the answer to whether PS+ vouchers from the UK, USA etc work in Ireland be added to the FAQ on the 1st page. No bother answering anyones queries on it but its been asked and answered a hundred times now and it still appears to be a source of confusion. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Just asking in case but if anyone gets a free trial for PS+ and they cant use it as they already have PS+ and aren't using it can you let me know. Looking for one for a friend who wont have his PS4 till January and is a new convert XB360 so he can start his PSN IGN collection. I know its a lot to ask but like I was told growing up if you dont ask you wont get. Thanks, W

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can you 'purchase' the games from anywhere other than a PS3 yet? I'll be travelling for most of Jan and Feb, and won't have access to the PS3. I know they mentioned allowing it at some stage, but i'm not sure if it's doable yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Kiith wrote: »
    Can you 'purchase' the games from anywhere other than a PS3 yet? I'll be travelling for most of Jan and Feb, and won't have access to the PS3. I know they mentioned allowing it at some stage, but i'm not sure if it's doable yet.

Just purchase them on the website

PS Plus website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Best place to buy a PS+ subscription? Or are the prices all pretty much standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

This months games are out now if you search for them instead if going to the ps+ section. This is on the vita

• Registered Users Posts: 29,098 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

While searching for Guacamelee, this popped up

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/cid=EP9000-NPEK00189_00-DISCONLYPARENT00

Just had to laugh. They're prepared anyway

Went to Checkout with the 3 games I could add and noticed I didn't get asked for my password as I used to. When did this change?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    This months games are out now if you search for them instead if going to the ps+ section. This is on the vita

They are displaying on the PS+ section. Just seems Sony haven't updated their banners on site yet.

Just noticed all the DLC for Grid2. This isn't gonna be like Most Wanted, and everything is bundled into extra content is it? I was half thinking of buying it at some stage before it was announced for PS+. Kinda glad I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

They are displaying on the PS+ section. Just seems Sony haven't updated their banners on site yet.

Just noticed all the DLC for Grid2. This isn't gonna be like Most Wanted, and everything is bundled into extra content is it? I was half thinking of buying it at some stage before it was announced for PS+. Kinda glad I didn't.

I wouldn't worry about the grid 2 dlc. The majority it doesn't get used online. I got the indy one have never raced online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I just added the free games for this month to my basket and checked out, not really paying attention, and I've been charged €60 for Grid 2!

It's definitely one of the free games this month, can I get onto them for a refund? This is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is there any word on will they be changing the base vita games on ps+

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

just downloaded grid 2 and played it for a bit. its a very good game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Was there not supposed to be a gta for the vita this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Beekay wrote: »
    Was there not supposed to be a gta for the vita this month?

There is. Liberty City Stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Is there any way of "purchasing" ps4 games yet?
    they arent showing up for me in the store,
    want to make sure i dont miss any for when i do get the console in the new year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

wilser wrote: »
    Is there any way of "purchasing" ps4 games yet?
    they arent showing up for me in the store,
    want to make sure i dont miss any for when i do get the console in the new year

Do it online: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/ps4/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PS4CAT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

anyone else experiencing horrible download speeds from ps store right now?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    anyone else experiencing horrible download speeds from ps store right now?

It's always bad for a while after the plus update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Fine for me. Grid 2 done in 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

For anyone thinking of stockpiling PS4 games, don't forget it's not enough just to add the game to basket.

You have to go through the checkout to fully buy the games (for free).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

$29.99 for a year sub on PSN tomorrow here in NA. I assume you guys will get a deal too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

My renewal date is some time in May. If I was to buy the PS+ on a deal (if there is one) will my subscription continue until May and then I get another full year, or will my year just start from when I but a new subscription, effectively costing me 6 months of PS+ goodness?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

My renewal date is some time in May. If I was to buy the PS+ on a deal (if there is one) will my subscription continue until May and then I get another full year, or will my year just start from when I but a new subscription, effectively costing me 6 months of PS+ goodness?

Yeah it rolls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

For anyone thinking of stockpiling PS4 games, don't forget it's not enough just to add the game to basket.

You have to go through the checkout to fully buy the games (for free).

Where are you seeing free ps4 games ?

I looked at store through the app and only the ps subscriptions are showing for ps4 content .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement